Author Topic: MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May  (Read 570 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
The "Marvel Avengers" movie, is due for release on the 4th May 2012.

I had heard that a Stern Captain America pinny was a dead certainty, and after hearing and seeing today some media about the Marvel Avengers movie (which has Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk) all included in the movie line up, it would seem the Stern rumour, and subsequent "Marvel Super Heroes" Pinball just may come to reality. Maybe under the Marvel Avengers title, or maybe under just Marvel Superhero's ? I am looking forward to the artwork. Hoping it is seriously aggressive and hard edged, not dumbed down.

I think if done properly, and if Stern tries to take this machine to the next level, without its bad cost cutting exercises, the machine could be a winner.
I would want to see more toys, more ramps, more stuff that does stuff on the pinny table. To me, the Transformers LE was a real letdown, and after playing the Pro and the LE, u can tell the cost cutters at Stern got the machete to the LE Transformers. The side armour on the LE was nice etc, but playfield upgrades with action stuff just didnt make it onto the playfield at all (sorry). The next Pro, and the LE versions of the new Sterns must get better. I think AC/DC Pro did get there for sure, but music has carried this pinny with the aussie loved theme etc.
Hopefully, the next Stern "Marvel Avengers" is a winner.

Anything anyone would like to see on the Avengers playfield if this one becomes reality ?  !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
The movie stars Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow  !*!

win!!!!!!!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
I am looking forward to the movie and the pinball - it will be interesting what Stern do if this is the next pinball to the line up. Curious if they do a quick release to get front of the release of WOZ and BHZA to use up some of the old technology before they fall behind or wondering if they are already making the next one very special to stay in competition ebcause I think these other 2 pinballs are going to raise the bar.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Great choice as a theme by Stern if it is confirmed  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »
I am looking forward to the movie and the pinball - it will be interesting what Stern do if this is the next pinball to the line up. Curious if they do a quick release to get front of the release of WOZ and BHZA to use up some of the old technology before they fall behind or wondering if they are already making the next one very special to stay in competition ebcause I think these other 2 pinballs are going to raise the bar.

Competition has to be a good thing for the hobby

I think AC/DC compared to RS,is proof that Stern are aware they had to do better

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
Hulk SMASH.  Would love to see a Hulk figurine crack it and smash something, even if it was the ground with some great sound effects to go with it.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »
Hulk SMASH.  Would love to see a Hulk figurine crack it and smash something, even if it was the ground with some great sound effects to go with it.

He could smash "something" open that was holding the balls in lock for the start of Multiball  ^^^ #@# !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »
I reckon to add variety to the game play in a small way is have the three pop bumper mounted to a mini playfield that can rotate say 30 deg from the start position on the 2nd ball start up and then a further 30 degrees for the 3rd ball. In rotating the mini playfield one way, when ball exits out of the 3 pops on one side could lead to a lane not accessible on the first ball or third ball and then when playing the 3rd ball it could direct the ball to like a ball pop up ejector to a awesome game toy - like a jet that shoots the ball to a inaccessible ramp on ball 1 and 2. This way there is something slightly different with each ball. These slight changes are goals to achieve through the game.

In addition maybe a lighting feature where the lighting represents a day and night effect:
1st ball - is like sunrise with lots of yellows and orange light
2nd ball - is like middle of the day - everything lit up
3rd ball - is night time leading into a darker playfield (less lighting) and maybe a black light.
if the game was set to 4 or 5 ball the lighting mode just repeats to sunrise etc.

I reckon having some variety in a game could help a story line and also add some change to game play and not get so repetitive.

Lastly if you like a particular feature you could over ride the game play with selecting the feature in the game settings then spice it up later with a different mode - inaccessible ramp with sunrise lighting mode.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:29:33 PM »
Anything MARVEL is good..pins, comics, movies..etc etc...all good!
If the pin happens that would be great, as for the movie I get an advance screening early april.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
thinking about it, there would have to be a minimum of 4 great shots, that u would need to collect to start multiball etc >

shoot the Right HULK ramp (green ramp would be way cool)
shoot the Left CAPTAIN AMERICA ramp (red white n blue colours here)
Shoot the captive ball THOR shot (moving figure goes up n down)
shhot the IRON MAN stand up targets 3 times etc,   then by including the team, u get a 4 or 5 ball multiball etc.

The toys from Marvel could be way cool, the shots would be all fun. The artwork all round could be amazing, with the huge Captain America red/white/blue shield incorporated everywhere etc, espescially translite.

Overall, the audio with the new audio system could be great with the machine being a mix of spiderman/ironman/transformers etc. I think even a jukebox of soundtracks from the movie, which u can chose from a small list (like AC/DC could be cool.

When u first play the game, u can chose which super hero u are out of the 4 super heros. Imagine the LE possibilities. I can see now ?
HULK green version LE - 125 only
Thor LE - 125 only
Captain America LE - 125 only
Combined LE - 250 only
(cant really have a LE iron Man, unless they can incorporate that without rehashing on the Iron man prev model, but a LE Ironman LE version could work.

I can see the LE marketing already "Which Super Hero are You" (now pay a deposit on the LE of your choice, be quick.

Some interesting concepts could come out if this pin is a goer !  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:54:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »
I will be saving dimes big time if there is another MARVEL pin on the way.
Lets hope the rumors are true.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
super hero anything always sells well. kids love it, adults like it. Stern might be on a decent winner here if done right.

IF Stern moves forward, and starts to really make some small smart choices, things could get very good for NIB collectors.

and they dont have to do much by way of toys or stuff to make a pinny great, just include the basics, ALL THE BASICS.  but no more 1 x ramp only like Avatar, that was just stupid, cheap n nasty. that doesnt inspire, it pisses people off. surely Stern has woken up with the AC/DC Pro and the great reception they are having with that title.

the next few sterns will be watched like a hawk. hopefully they will deliver. Gary Stern had better not go cheap. that would be a disaster. people will pay if u bring a good solid product. cost cutting doesnt sell pinnys. cost cutting does the opposite. spend extra to get extra. hopefully they have got it right for the future.

steve ritchies desibns arent cheap. maybe he can get it through to them !
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:13:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
here are a few different trailers used here and overseas

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

great potential for a pinball

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
here are a few different trailers used here and overseas

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

great potential for a pinball

Fk me what a movie this is going to be!!
The new trailer is one of the best trls I have ever seen, Hulk rescuing falling Ironman is insane, Ironman, Thor and Captn America in the woods and fighting..wtf and wow.
Bruce Banner..."we are not a team we are a time bomb"....superb line, looks like tony stark won't get all the good dialogue.
Rumors have a possible cameo from another Marvel hero or two and possibly another 2 villians to go with LOKI.
If the pinball is anywhere near as good as this action tentpole is going to be then wow...can't wait to play one if it is made.
My predicition is this will be the biggest film of 2012 by a long long way.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:32:17 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
After seeing the preview, I realised that I hadn't seen Thor yet, so over the weekend hirede that - top movie if you like the Marvel stuff.

They definitely have lots of features that they could build into a pin with this movie

for pinball t-shirts