Author Topic: MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May  (Read 560 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »
My predicition is this will be the biggest film of 2012 by a long long way.

C'mon, what about Total Recall? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/
Surely Stern's going to bring out the old Data East whitewood project out and have it ready for the 2nd half of the year.
Maybe they'll implement the lcd backglass on this title....can you imagine if there was a fault and Stern had to do a "Recall" on them. %.%

SC.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:35:42 PM by Prince »
SC.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
After seeing the preview, I realised that I hadn't seen Thor yet, so over the weekend hirede that - top movie if you like the Marvel stuff.

They definitely have lots of features that they could build into a pin with this movie

Thor was a great movie, as are most of the latest MARVEL films. Now you will recognise LOKI in the Avengers trailer as well and the tie in he has. This movie will be huge! If the leviathan( as it is called in the screenplay) that is chasing IM at the end of the trl turns out to be Fin Fang Foom who fought Ironman in comics and has also had encounters with Thor and The Hulk in the comics and was put on a billboard in IM2 movie as a easter egg it will have it all.
There may also be a apperance from Red Skull( Captn America) as well as Thanos another villian from IM comics. Although Marvel are loathe to overload thier products with too many villains...but this could be a welcome change.
There has also been confirmation that Spiderman will not make a cameo as the new SM will be released by Disney this year but there may be a late cameo from another Marvel hero.
Director Josh Whedon has been waiting his whole life for this project, he was a huge fan of the Avengers comics as a kid and will stick true to them.
The Avengers do not get along that well at all together as was the case in the comics, they are forced to do so by LOKI and his invading skrulls.
The pin if done and done right could be one of the greatest players ever, I like the call on doing it like Monster Bash. I bet if it gets the go ahead they will get John Borg to design it after he did such a wonderfull job on Ironman.
BRING IT ON!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:59:15 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
My predicition is this will be the biggest film of 2012 by a long long way.

C'mon, what about Total Recall? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/
Surely Stern's going to bring out the old Data East hardwood project out and have it ready for the 2nd half of the year.
Maybe they'll implement the lcd backglass on this title....can you imagine if there was a fault and Stern had to do a "Recall" on them. %.%

SC.

:lol
Dunno about TR....I am not a big fan of remakes but I will see it for sure, I like Verhoven films( except for showgirls...what a turkey that was) and I will be keen to see how this is remade.
Prometheus( the prequel to the alien films) looks very very interesting as well.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
sin city set the bar for comic books turn movies imo. every thing else made since has fallen well short, but im sure it will make a gazilian dollars, If avatar can make good money any movie can.

where is a sin city pinball?  

but if they make like captain america or avengers they should make it on the commic not the movie. eg captain america was a horrible movie. but not only that comics would make a way cooler pin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:45:01 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
sin city set the bar for comic books turn movies imo. every thing else made since has fallen well short, but im sure it will make a gazilian dollars, If avatar can make good money any movie can.

but if they make like captain america or avengers they should make it on the commic not the movie. eg captain america was a horrible movie. but not only that comics would make a way cooler pin

Sin city is not a comic book, comic books are a series or continuation....Sin city is a one off graphic novel and a very bleak one at that.
It was a great graphic novel and a awful movie.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »

Sin city is not a comic book, comic books are a series or continuation....Sin city is a one off graphic novel and a very bleak one at that.
It was a great graphic novel and a awful movie.

there was graphic novel but first it was a thirteen part comic series.
the movie was brilliant, and actually felt like a moving comic unlike a majority movie comic remakes. that just feels like anyh other movie out, there is something about comics that seem to be hard to capture on the big screen. a pinball with actuall comic art would look much better than a pinball that looks like it is made by some guy using photoshop and clipping out bits of a movie, imo
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:14:28 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »
It could make a dark and dreary game that's for sure...not for me but it sure has plenty of fans.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
Unfortunately the Avengers has not been shot in 3D and will converted in post production.
What's the point? 3D conversion looks lame. It will be best viewed in standard 2D.
Bummer, I was hoping they would be using Camerons 3D technology from Avatar and going all out.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
thanks Daz, will just go and see the regular version
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
THE AVENGERS HITS SCREENS THIS ANZAC DAY!

When global security is threatened, there is only one thing Nick Fury can do, assemble The Avengers.

Don't miss Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America & Black Widow team up to form the ultimate superhero team!

For maximum impact see it in Vmax or experience the luxury of Gold Class.

Get in quick, sessions start from 1pm, 25 April in Queensland, due to ANZAC Day.

The wait is almost over, if they can't protect the earth, they will avenge it!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »
THE AVENGERS HITS SCREENS THIS ANZAC DAY!

When global security is threatened, there is only one thing Nick Fury can do, assemble The Avengers.

Don't miss Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America & Black Widow team up to form the ultimate superhero team!

For maximum impact see it in Vmax or experience the luxury of Gold Class.

Get in quick, sessions start from 1pm, 25 April in Queensland, due to ANZAC Day.

The wait is almost over, if they can't protect the earth, they will avenge it!

I am attending a early morning media screening the week before the release.
I will post my reaction without spoilers following the screening.