Author Topic: Is it just me or is Pinball Resource in the Dark Ages?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Is it just me or is Pinball Resource in the Dark Ages?
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Don't get me wrong, PBR have a great range at great prices, but...
When are they going to accept Paypal? I am sick of using Western Union with a crappy exchange rate and $43 fee.
I just made an order and the latest thing they tell me is I can't sent them a list of parts as an attachment, they want it in the email.
Am I being unreasonable?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
you could always fax  %.%

Nah totally agree, they do need to pick it up even they offered overseas guys Paypal with a $10 fee???, I know I would prefer to pay that than the Western Union. I reckon he would get so many more sales from Aussies if he could just make it a little easier.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
There is a thread here somewhere about an online payment option . I haven't tried it as yet .

I also thought WTF when I was told don't send email attachments (spreadsheet with parts order) .

For EM parts (especially rare/unusual parts such as the Deco Domed
Horse Head pop bumper cap (which I recently bougth for my Gottlieb Thoro Bred) who else has the range that Steve has ?

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
yes, he lives in the dark ages. his business practices come from 1970. Anyone not taking paypal in 2012 doesnt deserve your money. PBR will never change apparently.

he is content doing it inefficiently.lol  %.% %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Thread here http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7452.0

Have used them twice now no problem. Earlier this week exchange rate was $1.05 and fee $15.

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
I also thought WTF when I was told don't send email attachments (spreadsheet with parts order) .

Funny thing is, this is the first time I have been told this, all my previous orders were done using spreadsheets, it just makes it so much easier to calculate the totals.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
They are a bit behind.. i only use them if i must for specific parts, otherwise i go to places like Competitive Products who are cheaper on bulbs, locks etc.
To get around the $43 fee, all you need to do is go to your Western union agent and fill out the form for a  Goldcard... or... register online... fee is only $9 then. WU will always be a few cents below the exchange rate as are all other places Paypal included

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
When are they going to accept Paypal? I am sick of using Western Union with a crappy exchange rate and $43 fee.
I just made an order and the latest thing they tell me is I can't sent them a list of parts as an attachment, they want it in the email.
Am I being unreasonable?

PayPal are the shonkyist company to ever walk the earth!!! Some of us have had experiences with them that would curl your hair and I don't blame PR one little bit for telling PP to F.O......

If you want stuff from PR then SEND THEM MONEY - PayPal IS NOTmoney......it is a con.....it is a credit with the promise of money....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Am I being unreasonable?

PayPal are the shonkyist company to ever walk the earth!!! Some of us have had experiences with them that would curl your hair and I don't blame PR one little bit for telling PP to F.O......

If you want stuff from PR then SEND THEM MONEY - PayPal IS NOTmoney......it is a con.....it is a credit with the promise of money....

Paypal, Western Union, what's the difference, both rely on some sort of trust by either party.
How do I know PBR wont just run off with my money and send nothing - TRUST.

Both have crappy exchange rates, but at least with Paypal there isn't any fee as long as I do instant bank transfer, and if the gear doesn't arrive, the buyer has some sort of recourse.
Plenty of other businesses accept it, like it or not it's here to stay.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
No way - they are way up to 2012 standards.
Apparently this is the staff driving to work

DW Drums rule !

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
 %.% %.% %.% %.%

You're a funny man Wotto.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
At the end of the day Pinball Resource have made the decision that they have enough business without the worry of PayPal and all the problems it brings - good on them I say.

They have parts that people want and if you want them you have to play by their rules.

Notice how you can't pay your rates/car rego/fines/insurance bills/electricity/gas/petrol/car finance payment etc etc etc etc using PayPal - why do you think that is?????????

Offline Aimef

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

Notice how you can't pay your rates/car rego/fines/insurance bills/electricity/gas/petrol/car finance payment etc etc etc etc using PayPal - why do you think that is?????????

In Australia we have Bpay and other online facilities. Thats why.

There are flaws in everything, but its also about choice. If a business choses to operate in a way tha makes them difficult to deal with then Ill spend my money with a business that makes it easy to do business with.

I am happy to pay the extra 5-10 percent to cover the vendors fees.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

I am happy to pay the extra 5-10 percent to cover the vendors fees.

It isn't the fees that are the problem - Google "PayPal woes" or anything else you like connected to PayPal and you will be amazed at the problems people have using it - that's why PR don't accept it and others have strict rules about HOW they will take it - care to comment RTBB Greg?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Pass the popcom   %%$ %%$ %%$ %%$ %%$