Author Topic: MIRROR BLADES - interest in low cost sets ?  (Read 28003 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: MIRROR BLADES - interest in low cost sets ?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 12:43:37 AM »
it doesnt matter what u use as long as it

1. looks the goods

2. is thin enough.

3. My wife showed me this stuff on ebay which she has some here already for her cake decorating business (placed ontop of cardboard that the cake sits on)

I tested some on my machine (Independence day, and it is thinner than a sheet of A4 paper. 2mm is with the backing on, its half to three quarters that with the backing off.

I reckon this is the answer. It will cost $5 to do a whole machine and its chrome mirror mirror finish. it is sweet. U guys will be impressed. i will send out some samples when my big roll arrives. The wife has a small roll left and its definately the answer. Also, it sticks on like contact, but peels off like a sticker if u want and has a removable type stickyness to it. It wont take off paint at all.  Whether u use stainless or this contact stuff etc, a playfield is going to scratch perhaps no matter what u use if u arent careful when lifting, but this looks the same, and is 10 or 20 percent of the stainless price. This is the same stuff they use on the racing cars for the Vodafone Lowndes/Whincup team.
 When I was up at Dick Johnson Racing a few months ago, they were using it on the racing cars there too. I shld have thought about it earlier. Thanks Gav(Retropin) for reminding me.  ^^^ If it ever gets marked, I can replace it for peanuts. I got a 9 metere roll for $75. I reckon being 20 inchs high, i could get apx 3 blades high. A std machine is 1 meter apx long. Thats about 15 sets for $75. Thats $5 a set ! Even if u doubled it, BARGAIN !
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:58:59 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !