Author Topic: Nasco 1951 Bingo Bango  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Nasco 1951 Bingo Bango
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »
I only have 3 working woodrails in my collection now, but this is by far my favourite as its such a great playing game... no deep rule set as youd expect, but instead a very challenging game thats hard to master.
Game is a conversion from GOTTLIEBS JUST 21 from 1950.. this game bombed and so many were bought up cheap and converted to BINGO BANGO  by NASCO.
JUST 21 can be seen here.. its a turret shooter ( ball shoots from centre of apron)... game is wide open and very dull for game play

It does however have what i reckon is the best cabinet artwork for any game of this period.. then again, im a sucker for 50's rockets!

Game is completely converted and changed to a side shooter, including GOTTLIEB shooter gauge

Artwork on the cabinet is nowhere near as good as the art on the original JUST 21

Backglass is Ok, with sexy jungle girls and some natives beating the NASCO drums... a snake on the right hand side links the score windows

BINGO BANGO has 9 passive bumpers... 2 pop bumpers... 5 rollover targets.

Game starts with all 1st stage targets lit.. aim is to hit all BINGO passive bumpers and also rollover all BANGO rollovers
Each time you achieve a target, its light goes out

IF you achieve all these targets then the side drain lanes are lit for special and extra points... this is a killer as it means that you HAVE to lose a minimum of 2 balls to achieve the next level, so your first ball is crucial... hit all bumpers and rollovers, then lose ball on one side...NOT DOWN THE MIDDLE.

Once this is done.. all points are on maximum and extra credit is not active.. the side drain lanes stay lit for extra points... the BIG points are straight up the middle to a centre target behind the pops and in front of the passive bumpers

Now the game is a simple keep ball alive and hit as much as possible.. each time you hit the centre target a credit is awarded.. this is also awarded for side drains and centre drain... so even if you lose the ball straight away.. you are awarded a credit just for getting to that stage in the first place.
Game is fast for its time and is a real game of skill, which is made that little bit harder as the flippers are reverse action flippers

These are good for hitting the rollovers, but make hitting the centre target pretty difficult.

After 5 balls.. score is shown through the backglass and hopefully youve added some credits also

BINGO BANGO is such a great game.. conversions are considered to be " lesser" machines by collectors, but this game gives 99% of them a run for their money... one of my favourite games.
Heres a nice shot of one of the passive bumpers on the side lanes all lit up in its 50's warmth waiting to award points... no intense LED's.. just a part of pinball that has been lost over time.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:10:31 PM by Retropin »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Nasco 1951 Bingo Bango
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
Could you imagine making a game with that type of art work today

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
Thanks for the writeup and pics Gav . Nice looking game . Love the art  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline visionman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:16:59 AM »
hi gavin

never seen those games before , where did you find these ?
are looking very nice for there age !
<..>

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
Very nice Gav  *%*