Author Topic: OT but related... Ball bowler  (Read 4478 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: OT but related... Ball bowler
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
OK I may have kludged the thing to work. I used some good epoxy putty to rebuild the broken teeth after roughing up the base plastic to build on. I just used one of the good gears and meshed it into the soft putty to form the gear teeth. I figger I can't screw it up if it's broken already. The proof will be in game play, but it looks like it might just make it through Christmas anyway.

Got all the bulbs working now too. The dang 1961 sockets are flaky of course so I expect several of them to decide to sleep once a little vibration happens, but oh well.

Cleaned up a half-dozen more steppers and I think that wraps up all the innards. The only things left are installing the new pins, digging up a couple missing bolts and another general cleanup. Then it's off to Mom's basement and commencing family fun times.

The only problems is that I've been spending all my time on this machine so I haven't done any Christmas errands or running at all. So the crunch is still on, it's just over to the left a tad.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.