Author Topic: Hankin Cocktail Table Restoration  (Read 31970 times)

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Hankin Cocktail Table Restoration
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Hi guys
Would appreciate it if someone could assist me with some connections that remain on my Hankin cocktail restore.  I have the buttons and joystick connections from the Jamma harness all sorted out but am having a little difficulty with the connections from the power cord, the on/off switch, the monitor chassis and the switching power supply.

The Hankin cocktail table originally had an old transformer, a line filter, an older switching power supply and the on/off switch all connected together.  I'm told I can dispose of the transformer and the line filter now so that's what I have done.

I have attached a few pics detailing my predicament.

Regarding the first 2 x pics below, can someone please advise whether:

*  the power cord is plugged directly into the AC terminals on the switching power supply and if so does it matter where the brown and blue go?
*  Does the green ground wire plug into "FG"?

OR

*  Does the power cord plug into the on/off switch and like wires are routed into the switching power supply?

*  Also - what should the 5V ADJ knob be set at?

Regarding the below pic of the monitor chassis, the 2 x black wires here appear to have plugged into the old transformer.  Re the new switching power supply, would these wires now plug into the AC terminal on the new switching power supply?

The Video red / blue / green /synch / ground PLUG as detailed in the pic differs from the new plug that came with my Jamma harness.  What are my options here?  Should I cut the old, solder the like wires together and cover?

Regarding the numerous black grounding wires that came with the Jamma harness - what needs to be grounded exactly  Should all buttons be connected also?

Any assistance appreciated for this newbie - I will not be electrocuting myself either guys