Author Topic: Top 10 Topics of all time  (Read 422 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Top 10 Topics of all time
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »

AP has been around since August 2008, and there was a Topic "My second pin had arrived - Pro Football " which was a cult thread that ran for some months.  *%* This thread was the most replied topic in our history.

After reading the two hottest threads in recent pinball circles, I found that the AC/DC AND Wizard of Oz had caught up with the "all time top replies", in fact AC/DC had surpassed it. Considering a vast majority of the content of the site is based on restorations and tech help, it is great to see clear evidence, that the two titles are BIG news amongst collectors and hobbyists. Usually, it is the industry that governs the success - the operators and takings of the games are more important.

Makes me think that if it is true that operators are not too excited about AC / DC in the USA, then AC / DC is a pinball produced for the Aussie and Euro markets ? WOZ would be aimed at the USA market ?

I can't recall a time when the market was so excited about pinball. Here's the link ;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=stats

^^^ ^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Top 10 Topics of all time
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
Interesting Coconut Island gets three threads in the top ten most viewed and the artwork thread is more than double that of the secon place getter.  And that was 3 years ago when we had significantly less members

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Though if you could do a search for 'Most mentioned game' KISS would win

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »
Interesting Coconut Island gets three threads in the top ten most viewed and the artwork thread is more than double that of the secon place getter.  And that was 3 years ago when we had significantly less members

Matt, I just realized that six of the top ten are related to Coconut Island or NPC002 - might need to have a chat to Nug and get the Pinball Non-Factory back up and operational!! I think the level of international interest contributed, but still unbelievable amount of interest.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
Though if you could do a search for 'Most mentioned game' KISS would win

Same result if you searched  "Most often re-listed on ebay"
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »
Hey Nick, it goes to show how many people are interested in an aussie made made pinball (nug and yourself). Any chance of an update with the number 2 machine - design, art and assembly ----- please.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
Interesting Coconut Island gets three threads in the top ten most viewed and the artwork thread is more than double that of the secon place getter.  And that was 3 years ago when we had significantly less members

Matt, I just realized that six of the top ten are related to Coconut Island or NPC002 - might need to have a chat to Nug and get the Pinball Non-Factory back up and operational!! I think the level of international interest contributed, but still unbelievable amount of interest.

Sounds like a great idea mate  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »
Nino, I am glad the AC/DC post is one of the most posted/read/popular etc.  ^^^  Thats great for the site and for those of us who have tried to contribute something informative and at times maybe entertaining. Plenty of great videos and pictures coming through.

ANT(Tony) has also done a great job with the Wizard of OZ thread as well.  ^^^

Hopefully, as AP members start to recieve their AC/DC and WOZ machines, they will post the unboxing on those two threads and perhaps we can break a AP site record for those 2 x threads being the largest and most popular. That would be nice to see. I am hoping my AC/DC thread beats ANT's WOZ.lol  (a bit of fun competition never hurt anyone.lol)  but, I suspect WOZ might just pip acca dacca at the post cause the WOZ videos and finished photos etc havent arisen yet. Its all great fun.

I say a big thanks to all the great members who have contributed to both of these great topics, and a big thanks to the MODS for letting all of us ramble away with our ever increasing passion for pinball and all the great people on here who just love this bloody great way of life. PINBALL MACHINES RULE !  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:06:38 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
Yeah AC/DC and WOZ have certainly been hot topics and as Brett said both will amp up as AC/DC arrives and WOZ release's more pic's and it arrives. Top points AP its the best forum for Aussie pinball ^^^

Will there be a new un-boxing thread for both titles when each is released? I'd love to show mine when it arrives..

Peter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:26:18 AM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
Yeah AC/DC and WOZ have certainly been hot topics and as Brett said both will amp up as AC/DC arrives and WOZ release's more pic's and it arrives. Top points AP its the best forum for Aussie pinball ^^^

Will there be a new un-boxing thread for both titles when each is released? I'd love to show mine when it arrives..

Peter

I think we should either have a separate thread for each game, or a "separate unboxing thread" for each member / machine ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
Each members thread would be good I reckon..Anyone heard if AC/DC has shipped?

Update-Melb still expecting April 16 delivery date.. #*#

Peter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:43:39 AM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
I didn't think pro football would ever be knocked off the top spot lol.  I obviously spend to much time on AP I seem to have a mention on most of those sections

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »
I didn't think pro football would ever be knocked off the top spot lol.  I obviously spend to much time on AP I seem to have a mention on most of those sections

Over 6000 posts wow lol

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »
What about a general "AP MENBERS UNBOXING THEIR NEW AC/DC MACHINES - PHOTOS N VIDEOS".

That way, the thread can grow, and get bigger, with members adding their machines to it, so each time u go into it, u can see a whack of machines and a whack of photos and videos etc. Otherwise, if we keep them all seperate, u have to go back and search each persons thread to see the photos or videos again. Its only a suggestion, but if we have a general thread for ac/dc unboxings, its like visiting a family photo album with everyones happyness all contained in one !

What suggestions do u ac/dc owners have ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »
I can't recall a time when the market was so excited about pinball. Here's the link ;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=stats

The evolution of PINBALL is in full swing. What was old is new again!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)