Author Topic: Predator - by SkitBPinball  (Read 78979 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Predator - Custom Pinball
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
Update a few days ago

"Login system is being revamped quite a bit. We had mentioned the idea to a couple guys in Allentown, but now the updated stats viewer is becoming a reality. When you check your personal user stats, you can now check TWO users side-by-side for direct comparison / bragging rights. This will likely cause fights, but it's pretty cool to be able to do 

Tracking mode now stays in UV for the duration of the mode, and there has been some serious sound / music manipulation to add to the ambiance of the mode.

Reveal mode has been completely changed. Originally, it chose a set series of shots you had to make in order to complete it, but it just felt too much like the Tracking mode. Not to mention once you knew the pattern, it got a little boring. The 'theme' of the mode remains the same, but the mode has now become an Add-A-Ball. When the mode is started, another ball is thrown into play immediately, and every time you hit the two lock targets in the middle, another ball is added. After 15 seconds, balls are no longer able to be added. While the mode is active, ramp shots are worth a set score plus a value multiplied by how many balls are in play. Mode is over when you're back to one ball in play.

Triggering Hunt mode now stops all other music and sounds from playing while you try to take your shot. Helps to focus a lot better, and gives the mode more of the feeling we were shooting for when we thought it up.

A few of the Wizard Points achievements have been rearranged, and a few of them have been omitted or replaced.

New easter eggs have been added!

The biggest update comes in the form of a new mini-wizard mode that I had hinted towards in another thread, and those of you who talked to us at Allentown may remember me saying that we had just thought up a big addition to the game on the drive there, and this is it. This is a huge addition to the overall game, both physically and on the software end. We're still working on the finer details of how this works, but there are going to have to be at least six new lamps placed on the playfield, and maybe even one more at every major shot, as well. I'm not going to say too much here yet, as we're still working on it, mentally, to make it all come together, but I'll give you the really important notes that you're probably wondering.
-This is another 'passive' mode, so you can access it and / or work towards it at any time.
-Yes, that means it's another stackable multiball, also.
-The mode is activated by making general shots on the playfield a set number of times.
-Playing the mode requires more thought than raw skill."
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts