Author Topic: Predator - by SkitBPinball  (Read 78918 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Predator - Custom Pinball
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
My question about the overlay caused a bit of a stir and I think it was a good thing for people to at least be aware of the play field overlay.

SkitBPinball said "Wow! I guess this is a big drawback to sharing information as it develops   My post about the playfield art application just says what we are trying out right now. To ease all of your minds, there are a couple of things to be said here:

The process we're trying out is not a sticker on wood by any means. Formica is a close idea to what it is, but it's not exact. We are actually still in the dark on the nitty-gritty of it because it's military technology and civilians aren't privy to the information.

It has been out in the real world for some time now, and has proven to be nearly indestructible. Delamination was the number one concern we talked about, and the contractor was extremely confident that it would not be an issue.

Lastly, we've talked with Classic Playfield Reproductions and they have shown interest in doing the playfields for us, and we all know they do fantastic work and they do it through the conventional means that have been tried and true for years. This is one of the options we were looking at that WILL increase the price of the machine, so we were looking into something a little different that could compare to the quality that is needed. If it doesn't make the cut, then CPR is the only other option we're willing to follow. As potential owners of the final product, voice your opinions now. If you're genuinely uncomfortable with what we're considering, let's just leave the idea on the table of potentially increased cost for the comfort of knowing exactly what we'll be getting by going through CPR."

It will be interesting to  see the developments / innovation through their hard work, could be a great thing for pinball.

Lastly - sadly had to cancel my pre-order so one less to Aus
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts