Author Topic: WMS wpc DCS sound board Pal chip (U16)  (Read 168 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
WMS wpc DCS sound board Pal chip (U16)
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:21 AM »
Hi guys
I am chasing a couple of Pal chips to suit WPC DCS sound board. it is U16 on the sound board and the part number is A-17002.
the chip is the same on all the williams DCS sound board.

Or does anyone have the equipment to copy this chip? (thats if it is not copy protected)  it is a TIBPAL20L8. I can buy the blank chips

thanks
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
Re: WMS wpc DCS sound board Pal chip (U16)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
I've tried to read them before in case i ever needed to make one....i tried a few from different boards and unfortunately they were all write protected ^.^
I don't know where you'd be able to get one from.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: WMS wpc DCS sound board Pal chip (U16)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
I've tried to read them before in case i ever needed to make one....i tried a few from different boards and unfortunately they were all write protected ^.^
I don't know where you'd be able to get one from.
Thanks for the info.
I assumed they would be. I have 2 boards here ATM 1 has a missing chip and the other a faulty chip. Fortunately they are being used as change over boards in case the customer gets a faulty board, looks like I may need to attach a note to them letting the person who uses them know to grab the pal chip from the faulty board that they swap this board with. 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)