Author Topic: EL Wire MOD on DMDs  (Read 1795 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: EL Wire MOD on DMDs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
That looks great.  ^^^

How did you fasten the el wire to the wireforms / ramps?

Can you take a photo of the the power supply underneath the playfield with the el wire on to show how you have routed it etc and any tips please.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »
Hey Nino, What do you reckon about having a dedicated mods section on the forum so people can easily search through that section for items.

Each thread could be listed as a general mod of game specific - Twilight Zone - El Wire Mod

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
That looks great.  ^^^

How did you fasten the el wire to the wireforms / ramps?

Can you take a photo of the the power supply underneath the playfield with the el wire on to show how you have routed it etc and any tips please.

Yes, some more information on how you installed it would be great.

I've contacted the eBay seller and asked for some kit pricing, including one transformer/wall adapter (for testing purposes), with a 5m length of each available color Blue, Green, Red, White, Pink, Purple, Aqua, Lime, Orange.  I'll report back on when I hear from them.  If others are interested, I could place a group buy??

Marty Machine

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »
To take things further, add a control circuit into the EL power cabling to flash or blink the EL wire in sync with it's surrounding lamp flashes.
The EL (ramps) can be turned on/off during different stages of the game when jackpots are enabled such as "shoot the ramp" kinda thing.

MM.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
To take things further, add a control circuit into the EL power cabling to flash or blink the EL wire in sync with it's surrounding lamp flashes.
The EL (ramps) can be turned on/off during different stages of the game when jackpots are enabled such as "shoot the ramp" kinda thing.

MM.

That would be cool, got any tips or is that a plug and play project by Homepin that the rest of us can buy and install.

for pinball t-shirts

Marty Machine

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
MM.
That would be cool, got any tips or is that a plug and play project by Homepin that the rest of us can buy and install.
Well, it's actually one of my projects/mods that i do, although haven't sat down to complete some easy-install boards for whoever needs them in future, stay tuned.

MM.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
MM.

Well, it's actually one of my projects/mods that i do, although haven't sat down to complete some easy-install boards for whoever needs them in future, stay tuned.MM.

Definitely count me in for one (green el wire on the back ramps of the creature), and a second unit as a spare for something I am working towards. keep me on a list

for pinball t-shirts

Marty Machine

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 12:22:25 AM »
Cool man ;-)