Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 6 - illawarra_steelers  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Boy – I sure am glad that “I aint the one “ next Sunday to have to follow Tony’s story on this thread.
Great read.

I have been to Tony’s and it is an incredible collection of machines from the era he loves.
Boy that framed Steelers Jersey looks great Tony – where did ya get that

If Tony ever chooses to have a meet, then its worth a road trip from you Mexicans.

And believe it or not Tony, I also went to the Lazy Dazy Van Park as a kid – no joke.
I recall it had a poxy little animal farm ( like a petting zoo thing?? ) and had all those big fibreglass moulded animals and stuff around so typical of that time.
Oddly enough I don’t recall the pinball’s there.
DW Drums rule !

stuba

• Trade Count: (0)
wow. thanks for a great read tony. amazing to think of how many pins and games you have owned and restored in your 32 years of collecting. awesome.  *%*

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
Thanks Tony, good read, I've played pins in Pt mac for awhile and were you referring to the little arcade opposite the Elpaso motel around the corner from the cinema before the holden dealership. If so they still have 3-4 pins all pretty average. Actually played there in my 1st paid holiday as an apprentice mechanic in 1975. Oooops let the age thing slip :D

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Jeff,

The arcade closed in 1985 - it was down the other end of the Street (same side) down near the wharf. It was three times the size of the one you mention and was full of games!

Oh these were the days! There was like 15 pins and the same amount of vids  *%*

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Great read Tony!

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
Better late than never. Cool read mate.
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Better late than never. Cool read mate.

Thanks Bruce,

Wouldn't the Liberty Belle look real nice in that lineup  *)*

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
 :lol  yeah mate it would.
Only problem with the LB is the backglass is shot...was shot when I got it :-(
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great read tony
                  Reading about the pins getting dumped at the tip reminded me of a guy who used to live down the road he ran the tip for ever and he said there would have been minimum 1 pinball machine go into the tip a week and this was in a small town of about 100 houses.  You would still be amazed the stuff you can still find at the recycle centers etc