Author Topic: Oh Yes ! Total Recall Movie - Due Out V.Soon. New Pinball ?  (Read 950 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Oh Yes ! Total Recall Movie - Due Out V.Soon. New Pinball ?
« on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
CHECK OUT THIS SITE, and click on the trailer icon on the top right to see how good this movie will be.
(note- there are 2 x very different trailers, click on the apple trailer logo/icon and you can chose between the long one or the short one or both)

www.totalrecallmovie.com

The new version looks darker, harder edged with amazing visuals and new technology thrown in plus excellent audio for sure ! The Arnold original version was good, and a little cheesy, but this new one looks the goods. I had a friend in the USA send me the link and he says he heard a rumour about Stern doing a TOTAL RECALL Pinball. ? Total Recall could be a winner ? I would buy it if it was done right, what about you guys ?

If they did Total Recall, it would have amazing toys on it hopefully !  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:34:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
it would have amazing toys on it hopefully !  ^^^

Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, that'll do.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
A big year of blockbuster films ahead and this is down the list....I'm not sold on this reboot.
I doubt it will make too much of a splash.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline raresaturn

• Forum Posts:
Love the original, not so sure about the remake...we'll see.  Also Robocop is being remade.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Love the original, not so sure about the remake...we'll see.  Also Robocop is being remade.
Yep and from all reports it ill be a clunker....the producers are aiming for a teen audience and it will prob be pg or m, unlike the original that was aimed at a older audience and was rated r.
Shame...hollywood should stop the remakes and reboots and make something original.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
I seriously must have watched the original at least 15 times in my youth and LOVED it.
At one stage I watched it for Twooooo wooooo wooooooooooooo weeeeeeeee eeeeeee  eeeeeeeeeks straight :lol ( fans will get this #@# )

I recently watched it a few weeks back late one night and it was corny and cheesy as all hell and I could not for the life of me 'recall' why I used to love the film - GREAT STORY - really bad acting, extremely cheesy special effects.

A re-make done well could be alright and yes as a pinball theme I think there are things that could work well - not sure if it is a BIG enough theme for Stern to devote a pinball run too however  !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Here's my comment a couple weeks back :

Aussie Pinball Forums / General Pinball Discussion / Re: MARVEL AVENGERS. Due 4th May    on: March 05, 2012, 01:51:39 PM
Quote from: Cow Corner on March 05, 2012, 08:43:55 AM
My predicition is this will be the biggest film of 2012 by a long long way.

C'mon, what about Total Recall? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/
Surely Stern's going to bring out the old Data East whitewood project out and have it ready for the 2nd half of the year.
Maybe they'll implement the lcd backglass on this title....can you imagine if there was a fault and Stern had to do a "Recall" on them.

SC.

SC.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
.can you imagine if there was a fault and Stern had to do a "Recall" on them.

Now thats funny  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
there was a reference to this movie in the big bang theory. the reference was in relation to the 3 boobed woman and how far her boobs would be sagging by now  %.%
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
They don't even go to Mars in the 2012 remake.  
(Kuato, Benny the mutant, Venusville, Three titted lady, Arnie's memorable line of "da whole caw of Mahs ist ice"???)

Everything takes place on Earth as a Euromerica vs New Shanghai good guys vs bad guys plotline.

Sounds less like a Phillip K Dick story which at least had some depth and more like an Independence Day style bang bang shoot em up?

I'm sure it will make its money back with the popcorn crowd, but I predict a CGI saturated dud.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:03:18 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
(Kuato, Benny the mutant, Venusville, Three titted lady, Arnie's memorable line of "da whole caw of Mahs ist ice"???)

Everything takes place on Earth as a Euromerica vs New Shanghai good guys vs bad guys plotline.

Sounds less like a Phillip K Dick story which at least had some depth and more like an Independence Day style bang bang shoot em up?

I'm sure it will make its money back with the popcorn crowd, but I predict a CGI saturated dud.
*%*
+ it has the director of Underworld at the helm.......scary thought...that movie was shite!

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I seriously must have watched the original at least 15 times in my youth and LOVED it.
At one stage I watched it for Twooooo wooooo wooooooooooooo weeeeeeeee eeeeeee  eeeeeeeeeks straight :lol ( fans will get this #@# )

I recently watched it a few weeks back late one night and it was corny and cheesy as all hell and I could not for the life of me 'recall' why I used to love the film - GREAT STORY - really bad acting, extremely cheesy special effects.

A re-make done well could be alright and yes as a pinball theme I think there are things that could work well - not sure if it is a BIG enough theme for Stern to devote a pinball run too however  !@#

I was much the same as you mate, then watched it with my wife the when it was on the box, I think I over hyped it a bit as she had never seen it before, not quite as good as I remember it being !@#

But Arnie movies are always good for a laugh over a few drinks, some piss funny quotes, my favorite to take the piss of it Commando.

"Let orf some steam Bennett"
"Don't disturb my friend, He's dead tired"
"I let him go"
"I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now I'm very hungry"

GOLD  *)*

Offline raresaturn

• Forum Posts:

Yeah I just learnt that!  What's the point????  Mars was the best character in the orginal