Author Topic: All cashed up and no pins to buy :(  (Read 952 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
All cashed up and no pins to buy :(
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Is it always the way ?
There have been a number of pins I have missed out on in recent months due to lack of funds at the time or being outbid at the last second and it hurts. I'm still kicking myself every day for missing  Nino's recent T3 which I missed out on by a matter of hours (curse you Wotto!!).
I also find it  really hard to let a pin go. Much the same feeling as when the kids move out only much sader. Which brings me to my point. I have moved 2 machines on in the past month and now that I'm cashed up there seems to be nothing out there for me.
What do I do? Be patient and hang in there for the right machine to come along or compramise and start looking at other machines not really on the wish list. What a delema it's very depressing to look at the empty spaces where my machines used to be.
As I get more into the hobbie I have much clearer visions on what permenant line up of 4 machines I would like to build, unlike when I first got into it I just seemed to just purchase whatever looks good at the time. A really clean EM (which I have), 2 collectable SS (I have 1 already) and one higher end DMD (such as TOM or similar)
Anyone in Vic with a nice SS or DMD machine they have been thinking of moving on let me know and we may be able to work something out. I'm open to suggestions.
Cheers...........Tim
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:29:14 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: All cashed up and no pins to buy :(
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
dont rush in... wait for the machine u really want, there are lots of machines getting around.

** You are best putting a post on here/Aussie Pinball for the MACHINE U REALLY WANT, and like fishing, someone will jump on the hook, or send u to another great spot ! lol

what machine do u really really want ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
as you say, you know what you are looking for , you know the quakity that you find acceptable
You should wait for the right game, anyhing else will not please you

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »
I feel ya that happens to me and it burns a whole in my pocket good luck..

Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
I need to move a few machines at the moment.  I have got Judge Dredd (excellent condition), Pinball Magic, Ripley's BION and RFM advertised locally at the moment.  If anything interests you, let me know.
Addicted to pins.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
I feel ya that happens to me and it burns a whole in my pocket good luck..

Peter
Your TOM was one of the ones I missed out on Peter  ^&^

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »
I need to move a few machines at the moment.  I have got Judge Dredd (excellent condition), Pinball Magic, Ripley's BION and RFM advertised locally at the moment.  If anything interests you, let me know.
Prefer to look in Vic at the moment.
Thanks
Tim

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

PM sent for RBION

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
Thanks
Tim
No worries, Vic as in Melbourne?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Buy the wife a present. %.%
SC.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
Thanks
Tim
No worries, Vic as in Melbourne?
Yeah Melbourne I'm not keen on transport interstate if I can avoid it also like to check out the machine first.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »
Good idea I'll see if Aldi have anything nice on sale  ^^^

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »

Don't go there. My wife is one to shop for goods in those Aldi bargain bins. I make sure now to throw away their catalog, straight in the recycle bin!

Back on topic.
Hang in there. I'm awaiting for Nino to restore his CV - hoping he'll sell.
SC.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »

Don't go there. My wife is one to shop for goods in those Aldi bargain bins. I make sure now to throw away their catalog, straight in the recycle bin!

Back on topic.

CV is the only DMD I'll ever keep. I would also like a Scared Stiff or a Black Knight 2000.

Tim - You are actually in a very good position. You have the money and you simply need to find the right game. A better position than that having no money, and every game on your wishlist is sold for half its value !

What exactly are you after ? Sometimes posting a wanted list may shake a pin out of a collection ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
Good idea I'll see if Aldi have anything nice on sale  ^^^

Back on topic.

CV is the only DMD I'll ever keep. I would also like a Scared Stiff or a Black Knight 2000.

Tim - You are actually in a very good position. You have the money and you simply need to find the right game. A better position than that having no money, and every game on your wishlist is sold for half its value !

What exactly are you after ? Sometimes posting a wanted list may shake a pin out of a collection ?

I'm after what all the SS collectors seem to be after which I guess is part of the problem. My most wanted in order are Paragon, Fathom and Centaur and to add to woes I would prefer a really nice one either shopped or reconditioned...would really love a Nino machine..hint,hint.
In DMD I think a TOM would be great. My number 1 pick for a DMD would be CV and would love the one currently in the trader section but to be honest it's a little out of my price range that said I'm sure it's worth every cent. I'm open to suggestions for other great or similar machines. Oh yeah I really love the look of the Stern Spiderman but have never played one.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:42:02 PM by spacejam0 »