Author Topic: Looking for DE Tommy parts  (Read 138 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Looking for DE Tommy parts
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
After spending many hours reading threads on AP about restorations, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm nearly confident enough to have a go at it myself, and make my Tommy look new again.

To help build up my courage I've begun collecting spare to replace some of the worn out parts. My hunt isn't going too badly, but I've had a bit of trouble locating a 'Silverball target' or more correctly the "Single Chrome Pinball S/U assembly”, DE Part No: 500-5762-00. Every site I go to has long since sold their last one.

I was wondering if anyone would happen to have one they’d like to part with, as mine has taken a beating over the years and the chrome has worn off right across the centre. If I can't find a replacement, is it possible to re-chrome it (if that is what it actually is) to get it back to its former shiny glory? I also need to have the silverball topper re-done as well, as it too looks a little sad.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:09:18 PM by andtan »

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Looking for DE Tommy parts
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
I purchased one of these to use as a topper for my Tommy and works excellent.

https://jalex.com.au/shop/200-mm-diameter-hollow-stainless-steel-ball.html

Not sure re that silverball target, maybe try some chrome look paint and apply mylar to protect it.

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
Thanks tonyt,

I've got a bit of time yet before I start to pull Tommy down - I've been asked told by my daughters (9 and 12yrs) that I have to get another pin, or two, for them to play before I start working on Tommy, so it looks like I have a bit of saving to do.

They have given me the options of: White Water, Getaway HSII, Fishtales, or The Simpsons Pinball Party. The look on my wife’s face is priceless as she listens to my daughters rattle off info such as makes, models, and their preferences. She just shakes her head.  :lol
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:42:04 PM by andtan »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »
Thanks tonyt,

I've got a bit of time yet before I start to pull Tommy down - I've been asked told by my daughters (9 and 12yrs) that I have to get another pin, or two for them to play before I start working on Tommy, so it looks like I have a bit of saving to do.

They have given me the options of: White Water, Getaway HSII, Fishtales, or The Simpsons Pinball Party. The look on my wife’s face is priceless as she listens to my daughters rattle off info such as makes, modesl, and their preferences. She just shakes her head.  :lol

Great to hear !!!!! and good luck with the hunt for more pins  &&
I need more room ! and more $$$