Author Topic: Insulation in shed  (Read 243 times)

Offline scottnds

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Insulation in shed
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »
Hello I need some advise on insulation.I have a 3 bay shed that I have just re roofed with metlock and a just built pinball room approx 3m x 3.5m on the end.I have filled in the gaps on the metlock in the pinball room but I want to insulate the ceiling,first in the pinball room then the rest of the shed.The battens are at least 1.5m apart and there is not much of a pitch in the roof.I am a bit worried about condensation.
Can anyone shed(ha) any light on the best or cheapest way to insulate without  taking off the roof or putting in a false ceiling?
Thanks
Scott.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Insulation in shed
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:13:21 PM »
My shed I put down the foil stuff before putting the sheets of iron down and have not had one drip of condensation.    I wonder if you could double sided tape this stuff to the inside of your battens ? 

I insulated the walls with household insulation and on a thirty degree day if it's kept closed it sits about 20 degrees best money I ever spent

Offline scottnds

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Insulation in shed
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Thanks I did the walls of the pinball room when I put the extension in and on a hot day you cam really tell the difference but the roof really heats up.I suppose Im more worried about the condensation and the effects on the pins.I keep them covered.Im in Portland Vic so we do get some shitty weather.
It will probably have to be some sort of silsalation stuck to the ceiling with silicon or such.
Cheers