Author Topic: Hankin Cocktail Table Restoration  (Read 31943 times)

Offline femto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
Re: Hankin Cocktail Table Restoration
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
Nice project. Why is your space invader pinnie on a pine base and not chrome legs?

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
Its my 2nd Space Invaders pinnie project.  Its almost completed.  The restored one is upstairs

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »
I need some more advice please guys.  I have made some further progress on this.  Attached are some pics of the wiring from power cord to PSU to switch to line filter.  Comments would be appreciated - have I got it right

I have also purchased and installed a Jomac universal chassis.  My question is... where do I plug this AC in power cord to?  Do I strip the terminal; and screw to the PSU?  If so... which terminal on my PSU pic please?

Next question.... where do these 2 x monitor plugs get plugged into on the new Jomac Chassis?

And finally... where does this plug attached to the monitor degaussing cable get plugged into on the new Jomac Chassis?

I would ask Jomac some of these questions on the phone during business hours but wanted to try to get some headway before next week

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »

The transformer you removed had a 100-110VAC tapping for the Chassis. I'm not familiar with that chassis, you need to contact the seller of the chassis to determine the voltage.

The red/blue and yellow/green wires from the monitor need to be fitted to the chassis. Look for the "deflection" connector on the chassis. It might not be the same type of connector.

The red cable is the degaussing cable. Look for that connector on the chassis. Again, it might not be the same.

MOST IMPORTANT - There is a ground braid on the monitor that will have a black wire with a single pin connector. This USUALLY is connected to the neckboard. The neckboard has a GND pin. That is where the black wire must go.

I would wait for Jomac's advice. I'm not familiar with the universal chassis.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »
I suspect the chassis is 100V as that is the plug that is fitted, double check with Jomac.
If you get yourself a 2 pin 100V socket you can wire that up to your transformer and just plug the chassis into it.

I wouldn't recommend resting the monitor on it's neck like you have, it's the weakest point and you can break it quite easily, you may also bend the pins, they are very soft.
Put something soft like a thick towel on the floor and lay the screen on it face, the glass is fairly thick there and the towel will protect it from getting scratched.

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »
Can someone please advise if the fan is connected to the 12v terminal on the PSU?
Thanks

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
Can someone please advise if the fan is connected to the 12v terminal on the PSU?
Thanks

Not sure usually it has it written on the fan.
If it is the original fan, it's probably 100V AC, best to check the label though.

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »
An update on my Hankin cocktail table restoration.... its now basically complete and has been moved in to the house for use.  I still need to get the fan working.  Here are some pics:

I am quite happy with the results.  The paint and powder coat jobs came out beautifully and the laminate looks great.  I just need some border, Hankin and coin decals for the top panel and it'll be 100% complete

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
That looks great. A beaut addition to a games room or even the lounge room!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:28:07 AM »
It turned out great . Nice work  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »
Looks great, nice work.
One thing to look out for on these machines is if the joystick is too long the red ball hits the glass during game play.
The red ball ends up looking like it's been ring-barked.
An easy fix is to put a 12-16mm thick timber packer between the joystick and the underside of the ctpanel, this lowers the joystick and prevents any wear on the red ball.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
You have done well Jango, looks great  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ScottoKong

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »
Nice work - I'm gonna be getting a cocktail cab happening soon so L'll be chasing you for advice once I've got my newly acquired TFTC cleaned up!

Scott
lowlife