Author Topic: Your top 3 sys11 games  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Your top 3 sys11 games
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
I'm following this with interest - I reckon a system 11 is needed in my collection.

I haven't played that many - probably not 3 in total.

never played a diner, Dr Dude, or Swords of fury.

I really enjoyed BK2000 the 1 time i played a dozen games!
Highspeed would be on my list for sure also.
Can't think of a 3rd  **)

Grand Lizard - never played it...Is it just Black Knight more or less???

this isnt my vid, i dont own one but its on my wish list this is dr dude,
prety much the idea is dr dude puts you in a mix master and zaps you with his excellent ray and trys to make you cool and respected, lol and you gain various levels of respect. or some shit like that, lol anyways its a fun theme and a bit out there.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
Nice vid, interesting perspective. Kinda makes you feel like your watching waiting for a turn. Thanks for sharing.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

this isnt my vid, i dont own one but its on my wish list this is dr dude,
prety much the idea is dr dude puts you in a mix master and zaps you with his excellent ray and trys to make you cool and respected, lol and you gain various levels of respect. or some shit like that, lol anyways its a fun theme and a bit out there.

Very fun game, thanks for posting the vid its been years since I played this, forgot how fun it was.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
Highspeed
F-14
Not sure Ive played any other Sys11 %.%
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
Radical is my favorite system 11

Would love to check out Dr.Dude and BK

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Radical is my favorite system 11

Would love to check out Dr.Dude and BK

yer bk2000 is a great pin, and as seen it seems to be the most popular of the sys11's.
 ive only played one once, and i liked it, the playfield lighting is certainly great.

here is another vid i found on youtube this time of a bk2000 in action.
&feature=related

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 09:44:48 PM »
I am in the minority that thinks bk is over-rated...sorta like the dragons...very over-rated!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »
I am in the minority that thinks bk is over-rated...sorta like the dragons...very over-rated!

have you played SOF??? what did you recon of that if you have? if you didnt like bk2000 im wondering if you like SOF or not.

Bk2000 didnt make it onto my top 3 only just as I just love the quirkyness of dr dude. and i saw a member here with a diner machine so it sparked my interest and managed to get a game whilest buying another pin, and got a game of that and would love that game in my shop
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:52:03 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
Not only is Black Knight 2000 one of the best system 11 games ever, its probably one of the best pinball machines ever made. Top 10 for sure.

It has one of the best light shows ever, one of the best audio shows ever, and the rule set and double level playfields make it a killer of a game.
Anyone who owns one usually never sells it.  Alot of people would love to have one of these.  A great game. Lots of fun and challenge.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:55 PM »
Not only is Black Knight 2000 one of the best system 11 games ever, its probably one of the best pinball machines ever made. Top 10 for sure.

It has one of the best light shows ever, one of the best audio shows ever, and the rule set and double level playfields make it a killer of a game.
Anyone who owns one usually never sells it.  Alot of people would love to have one of these.  A great game. Lots of fun and challenge.

bk2000 fans are certainly passionate about them, agree about the lights.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
1.Dr Dude , best artwork , shot game and gawdiness for this era  !#%
2.Space Station , nice and fast with no inlanes to flippers makes you play the shot without holding and a great mode called CONDITION GREEN  @@*
3.Elvira ATPM , nice mip mips on Elvira and fantastic artwork , sound and gameplay  :D would love to play again very soon somewhere

not necessarily in that order either , just wish both mine were working ( 1 + 2 ) !   #(&
Always put your spectacles on when connecting to PCB and relay boards    !)#
need new boards - anyone ???

I am addicted to these little animations  &&

If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »
Bk2000
High speed
Diner

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
Dr Dude
BK2000
And a roughie ,Millionaire,I like how the plastics blend in with the playfield
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:00:22 PM by RatBag »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 02:38:14 PM »

bk2000 fans are certainly passionate about them, agree about the lights.

The light show is awesome, as is the soundtrack (although it does get repetitive). I think its gameplay it not very good though, the only thing to shoot for on the lower playfield is to get the ball to the upper playfield. It's a cult game though, so will make a lot of top system 11 games lists because of its status due mostly to the music I think.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »
Nick, dont forget that the bottom playfield has 2 x sets of 3 drop targets (one each side) to shoot for AND >

Also BK2000 has a total of 5 different lanes (shots) on the bottom playfield to shoot for, which means there are 4 more shots/lanes to shoot for over and above the left lane shot which gets you to the top playfield. Of the other 4 lanes to shoot for, at least one other can get u to the top playfield, and the other 3 can award many points n bonuses, as well as give u a multiball etc. Thats a total of 5 different shots on the bottom playfield. One of the lanes has a diverter in it which either allows top playfield continuation or sends the ball back at you fast, very fast like the other 3 lanes. And the far right lane captures the ball and can allow the spinning wheel to give different awards or a multiball. Thats five different shots on the lower playfield, not just one !

The game is most definately not only about getting to the top playfield. Alot of people dont realise that until they have played the game and made all the different shots on the bottom playfield. The bottom playfield is extra extra FAST which makes alot of this easier said than done.

BK2000 is far ahead of its time and is still one of Steve Ritchies best designs ever, but as good if not better than alot of the 1990's DMD machines.

I reckon a brand new STERN design with a identical playfield and very very similar inserts/lightshow etc would be a cracker of a game. BK2000 hasnt aged a bit since 1989. They could have stuck a DMD with it and released it in 1999 and it would not have looked out of place at all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:05:24 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !