Author Topic: Arcade & Flipper Pinball Review  (Read 671 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Arcade & Flipper Pinball Review
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »
Just going through some old boxes today & found some copies of Arcade & Flipper Pinball Review from 2004. Just wondering if any current members here were involved with this great read. It was sad day when they decided to stop production of this AUSTRALIAN publication.

I still enjoy reading the old issues ( I only have 6 of them), this publication was very well put together. Full credit to the authors of this magazine #*# #*# great job.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Arcade & Flipper Pinball Review
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »
How about scanning an interest pin article and posting jpegs for us to read? Assuming no copyright issue of course! :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
My thoughts exactly - warm up the scanner!!

Offline pinballnz

• Forum Posts:
  • New Zealand
    • Pinball NZ
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
Yes, it was a great magazine and I was very disappointed when it stopped. Chris Soulidis from Adelaide created it.
I used to do occasional articles for it from New Zealand

Offline Docpinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »
It was a shame to see it fold.  It was a good mag with Australian content at the forefront.  We used to support it, distribute and sponsor with ads but sadly Chris could not get enough circulation to make it viable.  I think today it would be viable as there are so many more pin heads out there.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »
It was a shame to see it fold.  It was a good mag with Australian content at the forefront.  We used to support it, distribute and sponsor with ads but sadly Chris could not get enough circulation to make it viable.  I think today it would be viable as there are so many more pin heads out there.

I agree 100%
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »
How about scanning an interest pin article and posting jpegs for us to read? Assuming no copyright issue of course! :)

Yep I will scan some good articles up if this is ok by the mods?? if all is good can upload next week say monday or tuesday??

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
Was a great magazine with real stories from real pinhedz. Collectors corner featured a quite a few guys which we've all come across. Chris is a top guy, real Old School collector.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:51:44 PM »

I'm sure he was present at the mini Expo held in Kingsbury around 5 - 6 years ago ? Could have even been the organizer ? He showed me a copy of the magazine and I was impressed. Today it would be a raving success !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »

I'm sure he was present at the mini Expo held in Kingsbury around 5 - 6 years ago ? Could have even been the organizer ? He showed me a copy of the magazine and I was impressed. Today it would be a raving success !

Often these things are about timing. Reminds me of the days of microcomputer 'newsletters' - home produced mini-mags eagerly sought by enthusiasts.

It would be a great idea to get something like that going again; all it would take is one or two people with some journalistic skills, passion and the right contacts.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »
a question for the admin/moderators here??

can I scan some old articles from this publication and post them here?? !@#

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »
Absolutely, go ahead. I look forward to that.

Offline judgeboz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
yes, its a get read - he put alot into it.

I think it would be wise to contact Chris first before you start scanning them. I'll give him a call soon as see what he says.

or go to http://www.arcadeflipperpinballreview.com/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:48:50 PM by judgeboz »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »
yes, its a get read - he put alot into it.

I think it would be wise to contact Chris first before you start scanning them. I'll give him a call soon as see what he says.

or go to http://www.arcadeflipperpinballreview.com/

Good Call - Best to ask permission from the owner first. Let us know how you go judgeboz !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 10:08:14 AM »
I loved this magazine.  I have every issue, and I had a few articles of my own printed, one was on Gottlieb System 1 machines and one on Rocky.

I know Tony 'Illawara Steelers' also featured in the mag.  Im happy to post the articles I wrote if anyones interested, and if Chris is Ok with us posting others, Im happy to do other articles.

Cheers  Dean
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock