Author Topic: White Water project  (Read 7573 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: White Water project
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:11:56 PM »
Just a bit of an update.

I've finally stripped the playfield - top and bottom - phew :D It has taken me about 2 weeks to get it to this stage, and now I'm there I'm not sure if I should feel happy or not. I've got a plastic tub with 75 zip lock bags full of parts, about 150 photos, a wiring harness with more tags than I can poke a stick at, and what seems like a million things to do. Oh well, I'm in no hurry (too bad if I was  %.%) so I'll just keep plugging away.

The PF doesn't look too bad...... ::) it will need a bit of touching up around most of the inserts which appear to have sunk a smidge and you can see a gap between the PF and inserts. The lost mine wear has been coloured in with what looks like black texta and had mylar stuck over it. I also have a few screw holes in the PF to plug where someone decided that a stripped hole could be easily fixed by using an oversize, overlength screw..... who cares if it sticks up through the PF @.@

The cabinet needs a bit of work, mostly re-gluing the joints as some of them have become loose. The rear of the backbox - the chipboard part - may have to be replaced as the part where the latch bolts on has been torn off - looks like someone tried to close it with the latch done up. I'm in two minds with the cabinet repairs at the moment as I have only been able to source the side art for the cabinet (thanks Mark C <..>), but the back box, and coin door decals remain elusive. I don't really want to sand it all back as it could stay bare for a looong time. Crappy art probably looks better than none at all.

I've got a few repairs to do on the boards, as previously mentioned, they have had a few parts harvested. I've sourced a large number of components, and two spare driver boards, so I should be able to make a start on those soon.

I have had a lot on fun stripping it down, and so have the kids, who have been eager to help wherever they can. I'll throw a few more photos up later, but to start with here is one of a really grubby PF.

Cheers,

Andy C