Author Topic: White Water project  (Read 7565 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: White Water project
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Well I have been busy, but I must admit I have been getting side-tracked with the three other pins that I have bought since starting on the WH20 #@#

Anyway, as I have been called on for an update.........

After removing the PF and stripping and bagging all the components, and having a tinker with some of the boards, I began to think I should start to work on the cabinet. I thought it would be better to get the cabinet ready before working on and reassembling the PF.

I wasn't in too much of a hurry to strip down the cabinet as I had a lot of trouble sourcing the cabinet decals as no one was making any. All I could find on e-bay and the likes were incomplete sets, and I was concerned that if I tried to make up a set, the colours wouldn't match. Then in January I happened to be browsing through Planetary Pinball and low and behold they had begun to supply next gen sets. Now that I had a complete set of cabinet decals I started the task of repairing the cabinet.

The first thing was the back box. The artwork on the sides had seen better days, and the chipboard back section had obviously been exposed to some moisture over the years and was swollen and flaky. So I decided to replace the backboard with a new piece of ply, and reglue all the joints where the glue had failed.