Author Topic: F***kin eBay Wankers  (Read 726 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
F***kin eBay Wankers
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Does anybody know jonathonpetermiller on eBay?

He bought this item, a used display that was in the early stages of outgassing.  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150808561554&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123

Tonight I get this question from him.

Hello I received this item today.
This Dot matrix is very poor quality. Not as described or pictured in your eBay listing
Dot matrix displays are not a consumable item, the listing should have been damaged / not equivalent to wear and tear o general use.

NO LINES MISSING BUT IT IS EARLY EARLY SIGNS OF OUT-GASSING.

MAY BE SUITABLE TO REPLACE YOUR OLD DISPLAY THAT HAS MISSING LINES OR SIMPLY HAVE AS A SPARE JUST IN CASE. THE DMD WILL WORK IN MOST IF NOT ALL MODERN PINBALL MACHINES.

I am asking for a refund on this item and will pay for shipping return. I did not purchase this item that was shipped.
Jonathon

FFS  WTF is wrong with people these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This hobby is f'ing pissing me off at the moment.  It is littered with shonks and dickheads.  He even misquoted my description in the listing to suit himself.  I did not say early early...read the listing carefully.

Here comes a bullshit Paypal refund.

Rant over.....for now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:54:51 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: F***kin eBay Wankers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
eBay I full of wankers both buying and selling eBay is always my last resort and even then I'd rather throw shit out than list it

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
some wan# sold me a set of system 1 gottlieb displays saying"i have no way of testing these" when i was a rookie.got then 90 days later, after the complaint period was over,with all of them having the glass nipple broken off them.wtf ^.^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
and throw PayPus into the mix and you have an explosive match..........
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
i didnt want to sell my pin on ebay, and when i did i offered it only local listing but had many requests to ship out of the state and gave into those requests.
my main concern was with selling to another state being it not being seen before buying, its scary to me as i try and list it as honestly as i see it.
at least if some one see's the item and dont like it they walk away if they like it they buy it, its gamble for both the seller and the buyer imo. as you dont want to loose cred in anyway due to missinteretation, I think this is why people dont list pins on ebay with a di******ion because you cant be held acountable in any way,
most pins i see on ebay say brand, title, and price nothing else.
I couldnt do that and you just have to hope how you see the item is how the buyer see's it, it could be better than they expect or not as good as they expect, and often with these things people grade things differently. its scary hoping the buyer is happy. i dont know if the buyer is happy or not as yet as they haven't got it, and scariest part for me is being shaken around in a truck it arriving operating as it left and if not how the buyer will react will they take it out on the company or me. id hate for a wire to shake loose or something like that and get slammed because its got a fault that wasnt there before travel. it scares me i probly wont sell a pin on ebay again as the anxiety waiting and hoping they get the pin as they expect and operating in the way it was when it left.

when i buy things from ebay that arent new i always think its not going to be as good as the de******ion and think it will be the seller having lower grading than i have, thats if i dont see it. if it says new o nthe other hand if its not good then the seller will know about it.
I will say i did buy my first pin from ebay, as i had no idea where else to buy one from as i wasnt in the know. and that transaction worked out well for me, its gamble for both sides i recon
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:25:27 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
Im struggling to see what you are worried about here.
D*escription says " early" signs of degassing.. and that what he bought.. wheres the issue.
What is Early early?? Is that earlier to early?

Was clearly a sale of a DMD display that is on its way out.. could last 1 month or 1 year... they are filled with neon gas and as they " outgas" .. which BTW is a disdemoner as what happens is that the cathodes break down and cause impurities.. these then cause increased resistance.. display starts to warm up and it becomes a  self destructive cycle.
But it could last a year or two or happen tomorrow.. thats the risk you take with buying one that is clearly stated as on the decline of its existance.

tell the buyer to p*ss off and stick to your guns

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »
I think this is why people dont list pins on ebay with a di******ion because you cant be held acountable in any way,

I can see where you are coming from, but when I see an ad for a pinball with a 6 or 7 word de s c r i p tion, my initial thought is,

"this seller does not give a shit about this pinball machine and there is no way this machine has been looked after or is in decent condition."

A pin with minimal or no des c r i p tion shows to me a lack of confidence in what they are selling, and if a seller isn't confident about the pin, then a buyer sure as hell isn't going to be confident in handing over their hard earned cash and buying it.

Addams Family good condition
cab ok, has some playfield wear
call 0412485843968340
no paypal.

Wow,where do I deposit the money?

No, I am not suggesting it should be hyped up either, but a decent honest detailed de******ion and some quality photos I have found will set your listing apart from others who put minimal effort into it and are just hoping for a quick flip.

Just my thoughts.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »
I think this is why people dont list pins on ebay with a di******ion because you cant be held acountable in any way,

I can see where you are coming from, but when I see an ad for a pinball with a 6 or 7 word de s c r i p tion, my initial thought is,

"this seller does not give a shit about this pinball machine and there is no way this machine has been looked after or is in decent condition."

A pin with minimal or no des c r i p tion shows to me a lack of confidence in what they are selling, and if a seller isn't confident about the pin, then a buyer sure as hell isn't going to be confident in handing over their hard earned cash and buying it.

call 0412485843968340
no paypal.

No, I am not suggesting it should be hyped up either, but a decent honest detailed de******ion and some quality photos I have found will set your listing apart from others who put minimal effort into it and are just hoping for a quick flip.

Just my thoughts.

i agree 100% but as stated about the dmd it seems those who are the most honest are seen as the most dishonest, people dont discribe the item its seen as a gamble lol, its wrong. all i hope is the buyer is happy with my di******ion and the courier drops it off 100% working as it left my home.

the worst part about this is, i bet if the buyer bought that dmd with out any description they would have had no problems with it. i guess being honest doesnt pay off, but at least its better for your conscience and you can only describe things how you perceive them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:23:33 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

call 0412485843968340
no paypal.

Just my thoughts.

You are perfectly right.. lack of confidence in the product or just sheer ignorance of how to sell it...but it all adds up to being in the buyers favour so long as you get a pretty good idea of what you are buying. recent sale of SOLAR CITY attests to this.. shitty listing and sold for under $900.. machine had NO PF wear.. first ive seen for this title.. was good buying.
Not wanting Paypal.. well i can relate to that.. just been slogged $140 by Ebay plus 3% by Paypal.. total $220 on a $4200 sale. I once put in my ad that if Paypal was used then i charge a 3% surcharge to cover costs.. got an email by Ebay to say unless i removed it i would be banned from selling again!

Pintoxicated's problem is that he has a buyer that wants new at the price of old.. end of the day.. dont hit the " Commit to buy" button.. it aint hard!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »
yer i was slugged over $100 to sell my machine when paypal took its fees, paypal is fine with small sales but man on something like a pinball that is a hard flog when it takes over $100 out. i like ebay but they are starting to get very unfair with their final fees and paypal fees. the listing was free for my machine but they wack you in the other fees. and the option of gum tree is even worse, its free and all that but man the scammers you get on gum tree is insane you could easily end up with no machine and no money.

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
I actually bid on it as well - and I read the d e s cr i p t i o n to read exactly as you've stated.  ^^^

As I have just bought a project pin which the DMD is believed to be broken (I reckon a cracked screen is a bad sign) I was going to use it for testing until I had completed the restore and got a new one, and then as a backup.

There was never any doubt in my mind that the display was going to be less than 100%, some people just expect the best for next to nothing.  !!@

And for the record - I belive I came second &&

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »
"Dot matrix displays are not a consumable item"

This is NOT correct - they ARE a consumable item just as car tyres are.....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »
I actually bid on it as well - and I read the d e s cr i p t i o n to read exactly as you've stated.  ^^^

As I have just bought a project pin which the DMD is believed to be broken (I reckon a cracked screen is a bad sign) I was going to use it for testing until I had completed the restore and got a new one, and then as a backup.

There was never any doubt in my mind that the display was going to be less than 100%, some people just expect the best for next to nothing.  !!@

I still don't understand what this guy is on about but I have told him I would refund his money if and when I receive the same display back in the same condition it was in when I posted it.  If I get it back and it is the same as what it was you are more than welcome to grab it if you are still interested.
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »

I still don't understand what this guy is on about but I have told him I would refund his money if and when I receive the same display back in the same condition it was in when I posted it.  If I get it back and it is the same as what it was you are more than welcome to grab it if you are still interested.

Remember the same thing happened to me Blair I'll have to have a look at the dickheads user ID but he got exactly what the description said and then winged and complained like girl left me negative feedback and most likely used the display go figure lol, I do have good results on ebay as well but theres scanners out there.

Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 10:23:35 PM »
Surprise surprise.  buyer has lodged a complaint with paypus so they have locked up my $$$ in the account.  I have asked him to explain how it is different to my listing - no reply to that one.  I have also asked for pics of the display to show that it is the one I sent him and also to show it allegedly being different or not working - again no reply.

The buyer is from Arndell Park - Western Sydney.  If anyone knows him, can you tell him to pull his head in.  If no-one does know him - beware of him in the future.
Addicted to pins.