Author Topic: Original BBB of Ebay US - any guesses on final price?  (Read 480 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Original BBB of Ebay US - any guesses on final price?
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
One of the original 14 (of which 13 remain) Capcom Big Bang Bar prototypes on Ebay USA. Should be interesting.

I'm in at $24,550.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Capcom-BIG-BANG-BAR-pinball-machine-/280883477760?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4165f5bd00
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
$29,000 or auction pulled early and deal done privately.

I'll take the Capcom Kingpin next to it as well..... ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I'll take the Capcom Kingpin next to it as well..... ^^^

I'm guessing he's had dozens of enquiries about the KP, and probably annoyed by now!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Other than its rarity, is there only an insert in the pop bumpers that makes the original any different from the reproduction?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I think that insert was something done by Gene to make his "protos" different - I believe the Capcom originals have the same colour (clear) as mine. I could be wrong. That would be the only difference if so in any event.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Other than its rarity, is there only an insert in the pop bumpers that makes the original any different from the reproduction?

Silkscreened text on the rear of the backbox.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Silkscreened text on the rear of the backbox.

You're right, also there are no "official" Capcom type stickers, inspection sheets etc.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
My guess already exceeded - $25,100 - reserve not met.

Talking with some people, starting to think this might make $30,000.00, which I think is crazy.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Here's the figure he is looking for (from mrpinball classifieds):

The mrpinball email contact address is the same as the ebay usename.

Big Bang Bar, 1996 Capcom: $35K
Original 1996 Capcom Big Bang Bar. Not a reproduction. Excellent collector quality condition. Plays great. Error free. Pictures available.
Mike
North of Boston, Massachusetts
Posted: 14 March 2012

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Only takes one person to stump up $35K and this titles price is set... cant see that happening though as it would have been snapped up in the classifieds.

Mermaid sells for $20K... now they are reaching nearly $30K!!!

KISS sells for $12K... now they are... oh hang on a minute, didnt happen with this title.... @.@

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Reserve not met at $25,100.00, no sale. Looks like my first guess was close to what the market thought too.

Owner had offered the Kingpin to Gene Cunningham as a loan to use for the remake, but as its been two years and nothing, has apparently agreed to sell it to him, although some may have doubts if this will happen....... if not, it is going to ebay too.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

Owner had offered the Kingpin to Gene Cunningham as a loan to use for the remake, but as its been two years and nothing, has apparently agreed to sell it to him, although some may have doubts if this will happen....... if not, it is going to ebay too.

Now that would fetch some serious coin  *%*

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
$25k wasn't enough for him last time.... :lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"