Author Topic: AC/DC Premium / LE hits No:1 position on pin side  (Read 566 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I will put money on it that the AC/DC pinnys will stay in the top 10 forever. They are both that good.

500 LE sold to 500 happy owners.
almost 2000 Pro models sold to date
1200 Premium sold to date
*(scource for data = stern)

thats apx 3700 happy owners.

also, the Pro model and the Premium models were widely available to play before people put money down on them.
alot of switched on ac/dc buyers obviously saw something great in the pro and premium models after a test of the gameplay.

definately all 3 titles will stay in the top 10 for a very long time. they may slip if stern come up with a killer of a new design in the next 24 months but the ac/dc titles will be and will stay successful/very highly rated for many years ahead.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Pinside

Premium and LE.....#20
Pro.....#92... #@#

IPDB

Premium and LE.....not enough ratings as yet to be given a place.
Pro...#37
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
It will never be a true, unbiased rating. The W/B fanboys see to that.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Lol! The evil, mythical BW fanboys must be double rating games to push BW up the rankings. I wonder if they have a special BW only fanboy forum where they coordinate their attacks on the rankings?  ^.^

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

:tumble:

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Lol! The evil, mythical BW fanboys must be double rating games to push BW up the rankings. I wonder if they have a special BW only fanboy forum where they coordinate their attacks on the rankings?  ^.^

It's a conspiracy I tells ya..... :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Some are missing the point, its far too early for ratings on any of the ac/dc models to settle properly.  its been only a handful of months since release and a very small amount of people have played the ac/dc titles. U cant possibly compare that circumstance to machines that have been out since 1993 etc that are very well known and very well played like Indy Jones. Next Gen or Twilight etc. Anyone with any sense would understand that surely.
20 years versus 4 months of exposure.

Also, those pinball machines released almost 20 years ago were released in the era of pinball being at its peak, with the technology of some of the super pin widebodies being amazing for their time.  It wont be a level playing field on any of these pinball ratings for many years to come.

Anyone who owns a AC/DC machine knows how good they are and thats all that matters. People who dont own them, who havent played them, or have played one once or twice only for a 5 minute period havent seen the gold that the AC/DC owners have. I only listen to negative comments from people who have extensive collections. Sometimes I think there is such a thing as AC/DC pinball purchase envy.lol  The cure is to ring AMD and just buy one of the AC/DC models.lol
I am not sure about the fanboys thing. I dont think it matters that much to anyone who owns B/W titles, not enough to double score titles anyway. The whole pinside rating system is only a guide, and the best way to rate a pin is to listen to ya head and heart when you play any title.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:28:54 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

:lol
ACDC Purchase envy
 :lol
I can assure you I don't have that. <..>

:tumble:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:59:43 AM by Cow Corner »