Author Topic: ACDC OWNERS PLEASE REPORT BACK  (Read 438 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: ACDC OWNERS PLEASE REPORT BACK
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Mine is the same as Peter's, factory standard slope and no mods to rubbers. Drains could happen if ball comes slow from the bumpers but a few nudges at the right time will bounce the ball off the standard rubber ring and avoid the guts.
I find the worst drains happen if you do not clear either of the two ramps or if you bounce the wrong way off hell's bell.
AC/DC plays like all Ritchie machines of old. You need to give 100% and maintain the smooth flow. Once you start loosing control of the ball you will get many drains; SR pinballs are not for beginners, they are challenging and adictive. On a slack day, I will struggle to crack 30m. but when SR says "you're on fire!", I frequently crack 150m.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Mine is the same as Peter's, factory standard slope and no mods to rubbers. Drains could happen if ball comes slow from the bumpers but a few nudges at the right time will bounce the ball off the standard rubber ring and avoid the guts.
I find the worst drains happen if you do not clear either of the two ramps or if you bounce the wrong way off hell's bell.
AC/DC plays like all Ritchie machines of old. You need to give 100% and maintain the smooth flow. Once you start loosing control of the ball you will get many drains; SR pinballs are not for beginners, they are challenging and adictive. On a slack day, I will struggle to crack 30m. but when SR says "you're on fire!", I frequently crack 150m.

Well written I agree 100% isn't it just an awesome unforgiving pinball, and yes if your not in control of the ball you will loose it, it's such a challenge and is what pinball's all about to me.

Peter

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
Could one of you premium or LE owners get out the old spirit level and tell me how your game is setup?  Mine when dead level is f**ked slightly to the left sux and slightly to the right even worse lol
Mine is set up dead level with the spirit level.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
Could one of you premium or LE owners get out the old spirit level and tell me how your game is setup?  Mine when dead level is f**ked slightly to the left sux and slightly to the right even worse lol
Mine is set up dead level with the spirit level.

Good to know wonder whats up with mine I guess I'll just have to keep playing around with it

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »
 i have to check my levels.mine is NOT a drain monster and i do not dare nudge such a precious machine.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
i have to check my levels.mine is NOT a drain monster and i do not dare nudge such a precious machine.

Gee if I dont nudge mine I'd loose the ball to quick lol I often tilt mine :)

Peter

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »

Peter
Me too. I have timber floors and I was needing to move it back to its position every half dozen or so games as I had slid it 6 inches out of its spot *.* I finished up getting rubber feet that solved that problem. Its the only pin I have had to do that to.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »

Peter
Me too. I have timber floors and I was needing to move it back to its position every half dozen or so games as I had slid it 6 inches out of its spot *.* I finished up getting rubber feet that solved that problem. Its the only pin I have had to do that to.

Me to I have wooden floors and its always on and angle after playing due to me nudging it or the shaker motor viabrating it around-everyday I slide it back to its straight position ^^^

Peter

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
Pete, try the little rubber caps on the legs mate. Works a treat

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.