Author Topic: Idea - Non-pinball discussion post idea  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Idea - Non-pinball discussion post idea
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
We wanted a "Non Pinball Discussion" board so members with other common interests could post whatever they wanted. On another forum I'm a participant on (yes I have other interests and frequent forums such as Bigfooty), there are several non football related sections. Non pinball section on Aussie Pinball stays.

Thats good to know that the Non Pinball discussion will be kept. I for one have a browse thru it occasionally to see what other interests other members have besides pinball. I have no interest in football so i simply dont read those threads, no disrespect at all to anyone who does like the footy and reads them  ^^^ its just not my cup of tea. There have been a couple of others that didnt interest me, so same deal.. not everything appeals to everyone.

As part of my own new little business venture, besides doing pinball repair/restores im doing electronic repairs to guitars and guitar amplifiers. I'm doing a restoration on a 70s Fender Twin reverb guitar amp for a music shop in Armidale at the moment, that i was thinking of doing a thread on in the Non Pinball Discussion thread, as i know there a quite a few fellow musicians here who might be interested in that kind of thing. Again i realise that this wouldnt appeal to everyone on here, but some people may be interested..

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
We wanted a "Non Pinball Discussion" board so members with other common interests could post whatever they wanted. On another forum I'm a participant on (yes I have other interests and frequent forums such as Bigfooty), there are several non football related sections. Non pinball section on Aussie Pinball stays.

If any member deems a post or thread to be inappropriate, hit the "report to moderator" button.

The rules are set up so that repeat offenders are punished. We have been fair and liberal in the past. If there are only a few that disrupt the mood of the forum, then they will be dealt with. From last night's episode, the mods will take a tougher stand on the rules to remove those that create the friction.

100%

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
I think the really important thing to keep in mind is that in normal circumstances the non-pinball discussion threads are quite low traffic. It's not as if they are taking up a large percentage of the posts.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »
 ^&^  If you dont like a topic dont read it.  If you dont like someone scroll down.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
"Mark Selected Read' option works for me  ..
Until I read this thread I thought I was the only bloke not into football ..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:50:07 AM by goodolddays »
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »
I love my footy, so does Nino (our teams both had a win yesterday and meet next week) and we often talk footy - but I don't find it something worth getting on a forum about - I can't help or make the game better in any real sense. Footy forums seem to be a lot off opinions and not much else. What else can they be (other than an information resource, stats etc). We aren't playing the game, so can't really give much on a forum except opinions.

As for pinball, we do need the help of others in repairing and restoring etc, so it makes a forum a wonderful thing.

I don't really mind if members want to revel in their teams success with a post in the non-pinball section. As  goodolddays  mentioned, the "Mark selected read" gets a big work out from me for most non-pinball related topics.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:34 PM »
"Mark Selected Read' option works for me  ..
Until I read this thread I thought I was the only bloke not into football ..
You are not alone.
I'd rather not see football and other extraneous shit on this forum, but your solution works fine.

PP
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »

Thats good to know that the Non Pinball discussion will be kept. I for one have a browse thru it occasionally to see what other interests other members have besides pinball. I have no interest in football so i simply dont read those threads, no disrespect at all to anyone who does like the footy and reads them  ^^^ its just not my cup of tea. There have been a couple of others that didnt interest me, so same deal.. not everything appeals to everyone.

As part of my own new little business venture, besides doing pinball repair/restores im doing electronic repairs to guitars and guitar amplifiers. I'm doing a restoration on a 70s Fender Twin reverb guitar amp for a music shop in Armidale at the moment, that i was thinking of doing a thread on in the Non Pinball Discussion thread, as i know there a quite a few fellow musicians here who might be interested in that kind of thing. Again i realise that this wouldnt appeal to everyone on here, but some people may be interested..

I'd love to see a thread on the Twin restore!
Excellent amps.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
I HATE football - it all started when the Marist Brothers tried to force me to play at school - I could never see the point of running around the field bashing each other up?

Footbrawl - Thugby, you can keep it!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
I HATE football - it all started when the Marist Brothers tried to force me to play at school - I could never see the point of running around the field bashing each other up?

Footbrawl - Thugby, you can keep it!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Shame on the school for trying to force someone to play a sport they don't want to, not everyone is sport inclined but ALL kids should play some type of team sport growing up at some stage even if it is just for team involvement skills.
Footy is great, it's a top sport and is good for kids to learn how to take a hit and to get confidence up!!
If they can't take a proper footy hit..play soccer,cricket,anything..team sports are crucial for young kids and development and is much better than them sitting around playing video games or on a computer or worse..roaming the streets getting into trouble.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »

Excellent amps.

No worries CC, will do  ^^^ Amp has been started, it'll be a pretty full on restore, new grille cloth and tolex covering and new hardware where needed. The cab is being prepped for the new tolex covering now  *%*

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »

Excellent amps.

No worries CC, will do  ^^^ Amp has been started, it'll be a pretty full on restore, new grille cloth and tolex covering and new hardware where needed. The cab is being prepped for the new tolex covering now  *%*

Is it a blackface twin?

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Unfortunately no, 70s silver face version, but the circuit will be modded to the blackface circuit

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »
Unfortunately no, 70s silver face version, but the circuit will be modded to the blackface circuit

Sweeet!!
70's silvers are still very very nice, best of luck getting the old girl back to former glory.
I look forward to the thread. ^^^