Author Topic: Idea - Non-pinball discussion post idea  (Read 6207 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Idea - Non-pinball discussion post idea
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
Sitting back watching the discussion of the past 12 hours has been interesting but tiring.

Suggestion - we all have other interests other than pinball and some people like to discuss those and some don't, I agree with some of the stuff that ddstoys said in the pin girl post but maybe there is another option if the mods can do it.

- still have a place for the non pinball stories and posts for those interested in manually searching it out.
- at the bottom of the front page where it shows the most recent posts - this just shows all pinball related posts as well as the unread posts section
- any stories in the non pinball category are just in that location and if you want to see any posts there you physically have to go to that section to see what the latest is.

- the same could be done for a over 18 content like the pinball girls where it goes to a section that doesn't come up as the most recent posted on the unread section.

Like TV channel surfing and watching, you go to the channel you like and not be subjecting the crap you don't want to rwatch but gives the people wanting that a place to still visit and enjoy.

It's only a idea so don't shoot me down as I am sure we all have at one point started a thread or posted in a thread that was not pinball related, only a idea and a compromise as we are all here for pinball but sure we don't live, breath, eat, sleep pinball nor doubt it is always on our mind.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:10:08 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Idea - Non-pinball discussion post idea
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
Variety is the spice of life, I really don't see the problem with non pinball discussion but if it isn't wanted put it to a vote. If it doesn't get up in the polls get rid of it.
Better to be a democracy for the majority than a dictatorship for a few.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
There already is a Non Pinball section.
The posts come up in the Unread Posts and sit there till they either go away by moving down the page or more often thatn not, i click on them just to get rid of them.. never read them.
Would be nice to just delete the entire post from the list and then i can just ignore it and any replies.
I have no interest in football, state of origin  etc but some do and its all part of life.
As for the Chicks with Pinball postings.. its all a beef up and should never have happened in the first place.
Mildflame finds it offensive as he is not over 18... my arse.
They are just tits.. can see em on the beach, on the TV.. give me a couple of more years and youll see them on me.
Mildflame has brought up some inconsistences as he sees it with the rules cos Studley asked to get banned again and so did as he continuously comes on the forum and takes pot shots at some members he has a personal gripe with... get over it or get off.. quite simple.
99% of forum members were quite happy... why we have to consider pandering to 1 member is beyond me.
Ladies breasts are removed... Studley also removed... Mildflame happy as he wont be offended by the sight of a ladies chest.

Should all be happy sailing from here surely?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »

As long as members use a heading that doesn't suggest the thread is pinball related and post in the Non-pinball section, I don't see the issue. I can't recall ever reading a non-pinball post expecting to see something pinball related. I mostly ignore the football thread as it doesn't interest me, though glance at the posts from time to time to see things are in order.

There is a Report to Moderator button that every member can use. Not *once* can I recall seeing a report on one of these non-pinball discussions. Perhaps when I do, we can consider a change. But I'm not about to change the forum because a couple of members wanted to cause problems publicly.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:52:47 AM »
Man, seems like a lot of bi^&*(ing and sooking going on.

Ignore members - RGP has it I think, but is it really necessary?
Non-Pinball - For the most part I just mark these topics as read, I only joined this forum to discuss pinball really.
Seriously what 15 year old boy doesn't want to see chicks, sounds like bu^&*(it to me, but I know that now days you can't even leave a zoo magazine on a toolbox at work in case it offends.

It would be interesting to know how many females are on the forum though and what would happen if they posted pictures of blokes.

I really don't see why members have to be negative to each other, I thought we were all here to help each other enjoy pinball.
I cracks me up how people go nuts online or on a phone, but face to face they would never be so aggresive.

Keep it real

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

I cracks me up how people go nuts online or on a phone, but face to face they would never be so aggresive.

How true, same in cars - I have seen a most petite, quiet lady I know turn into a finger giving, brake jabbing monster within the "safety" of her car.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
Dam Chicks with pinball's was my all time favorite thread and even the blokes at work loved it now I'm spewing some of its gone everyone's getting abit to serious I think! Like TV if your offended or don't like it don't open the thread and look,  geez lets not let the minority win again.

Peter

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
I would think the majority (if not 99.99%) of us on here would like pinballs, motorcycles, cars, women and beer!

I simply don't see any problem?

If one or two want to kick up about a nork being flashed (in a tasteful way mind you) then they can bugger off IMO!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
We wanted a "Non Pinball Discussion" board so members with other common interests could post whatever they wanted. On another forum I'm a participant on (yes I have other interests and frequent forums such as Bigfooty), there are several non football related sections. Non pinball section on Aussie Pinball stays.

If any member deems a post or thread to be inappropriate, hit the "report to moderator" button.

The rules are set up so that repeat offenders are punished. We have been fair and liberal in the past. If there are only a few that disrupt the mood of the forum, then they will be dealt with. From last night's episode, the mods will take a tougher stand on the rules to remove those that create the friction.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
I would think the majority (if not 99.99%) of us on here would like pinballs, motorcycles, cars, women and beer!

I simply don't see any problem?

If one or two want to kick up about a nork being flashed (in a tasteful way mind you) then they can bugger off IMO!

Couldn't agree more ^^^

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
Less AC/DC threads

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
Too much time and energy spent on this sort of stuff I think or dare I say wasted.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
?
"I don't operate on a level playing field"