Author Topic: Aquarius on eBay  (Read 409 times)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Aquarius on eBay
« on: May 30, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
I'm bidding on the Aquarius pinball machine on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GOTTLIEB-AQUARIUS-PINBALL-MACHINE-LOCATED-BRISBANE-NOT-WORKING-NO-RESERVE-/251073754700?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3a7529764c

My holy grail for the back glass and play field.
Anyone know anything about the seller?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Aquarius on eBay
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »

There's an "All Pinball" Sign in the background of one of the pictures.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »

Well spotted... Mark Schneider.. used to be All Pinball... then Playwell Games.. now it seems Brisbane auctions.

I think the pictures of the game speak for itself.. its a full resto job

Offline humpalot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

I was thinking that the format of the auction was familiar.

Let's watch all the bids drive the price up  !*!

Offline oldpins

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Thinking, it is a must have if its your star sign and into EM's. Not original paint / artwork, however would be easy to rectify if someone had photos of original artwork.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for the info on the seller  - I'll remember the old "buyer beware" maxim
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 10:58:10 PM »
I think I hit a raw nerve. I sent the following email to auctionsbrisbane:

Dear auctionsbrisbane,

Are you Mark Schneider.. used to be All Pinball... then Playwell Games?
If so, I am advised that you have a reputation for artificially driving prices up on ebay. I am genuinely bidding on this item and am aware of what a realistic price should be for pinball machines. If I become aware of any improper conduct or fraud, I will be taking legal action. I hope this auction will be conducted fairly. If not, pull it now.

He replied:

Dear bossninja17,

Whoever you are,

If you make allegations then have the courage to identify yourself and your sources. Hiding behind a key board making accusations is the act of a consummate coward.

For the record, neither Mark (he was the owner) nor I or anyone else here has EVER done that. This auction along with all others past and present will be run professionally and legitimately as described.

Your threat of legal action is laughable and infantile thinking. Firstly you would have to identify yourself and given your accusation is completely false nothing would come of it. By all means start your legal action.

In light of your false allegations, please don't EVER bid on any of our items, your bids are not welcome at all.

Roger.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »
Bloody hell!! Cant believe you sent that

Given the initial email, id say that reply was quite polite!

Just to add, Roger was his young fella that works/worked with Mark and always seemed a decent bloke
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:11:17 PM by Retropin »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
i know nothing about this guy, but man if i had of receive an email of those sorts i would be going off my chops lol.
better hope what you say is true, if it is true then props for the gutsy effort, if its just a hunch then its not smart at all.

whats the story with this guy is he is a scammer???

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:25:11 PM »
Mark wasnt the nicest guy to deal with.. i once sent my dad there to pick up some parts, he was VERY rude to him and my old man came back steaming.
I once went there as it was just up the road from where i lived and asked if he had a 5101 RAM.. Roger got on the internal phone and asked the simple question.. i could hear the reply being shouted.." Tell the C*nt to F**k off".
Roger got off the phone red faced and said " Mark says he hasnt got any"
I replied.. " its OK, i heard what he said"

Never dealt with him again

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »
What can I say about this bloke, Mark Schneider, what a piece of work!  If you intend to buy anything from him, be very very careful. He has more moves than a can of worms and will intentionally try and shaft you if he can make more money out of it for himself.

Don't be fooled by his email reply posted above.  He is a snake!  Let me explain why I say this....

I once purchased a Haunted House backglass from him, paid and received it in a timely fashion.  From there it was all down hill, it was a perspex reproduction that looked dreadful when backlit in a game.  I contacted him and asked for a refund or replacement.  He ignored my emails initially until I stepped it up a bit with a similar line as yourself, talking about his reputation and how he should do right by our sale etc etc. 

He then conned me big time from there.  Only way he'd give me a refund was if I returned the backglass.  So I bit the bullet and sent it to him.  He receives it and tells me he can't issue me with a refund as he received it broken in several pieces.  Which is just not possible unless someone bent it over a sharp object with a lot of force.  I packed it x10 better than the way I received it from him.  I sandwiched it between thick styrofoam and cardboard. 

Anyway, he tells me if I had insured it, I could have got my money back from Australia Post.  End of Story, he shafted me $330+.  I'm not a fighting man........
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:22:18 PM by Pinballer »

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »
What can I say about this bloke, Mark Schneider, what a piece of work!  If you intend to buy anything from him, be very very careful. He has more moves than a can of worms and will intentionally try and shaft you if he can make more money out of it for himself.

Don't be fooled by his email reply posted above.  He is a snake!  Let me explain why I say this....

I once purchased a Haunted House backglass from him, paid and received it in a timely fashion.  From there it was all down hill, it was a perspex reproduction that looked dreadful when backlit in a game.  I contacted him and asked for a refund or replacement.  He ignored my emails initially until I stepped it up a bit with a similar line as yourself, talking about his reputation and how he should do right by our sale etc etc. 

He then conned me big time from there.  Only way he'd give me a refund was if I returned the backglass.  So I bit the bullet and sent it to him.  He receives it and tells me he can't issue me with a refund as he received it broken in several pieces.  Which is just not possible unless someone bent it over a sharp object with a lot of force.  I packed it x10 better than the way I received it from him.  I sandwiched it between thick styrofoam and cardboard. 

Anyway, he tells me if I had insured it, I could have got my money back from Australia Post.  End of Story, he shafted me $330+.  I'm not a fighting man........

That is a shit story, sorry to hear.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
I think I hit a raw nerve. I sent the following email to auctionsbrisbane:

Dear auctionsbrisbane,

Are you Mark Schneider.. used to be All Pinball... then Playwell Games?
If so, I am advised that you have a reputation for artificially driving prices up on ebay. I am genuinely bidding on this item and am aware of what a realistic price should be for pinball machines. If I become aware of any improper conduct or fraud, I will be taking legal action. I hope this auction will be conducted fairly. If not, pull it now.

Interesting introductory email considering he has something you want  :lol