Author Topic: X-Men - Mods  (Read 24814 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: X-Men - Mods
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
Looks good.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »
X-Men Magneto LE with red blades - not mirror look good and better than black painted sides. Will have to do some red mirror blades.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
Flipper Fidelity have released their kit for the X-Men Magneto

utoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »
here is a definite mod - cliffy for the hole. This is still a pro to type.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »
here are some figures that could be strategically placed in a game, though wouldn't whack the whole lot in.
http://www.disneystore.com/figure-sets-toys-modern-x-men-figure-play-set-7-pc/mp/1298779/1000262/

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »

I have the cliffy on order.
Do you have any blades left?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

I have the cliffy on order.
Do you have any blades left?

PM sent

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
The ONLY thing the X Men machine needs is a set of mirror blades IF u want it to look wider etc. Otherwise, it really needs nothing whatsoever.

Also, the X Men Pro at Surfers Paradise, as of this afternoon, whilst opened up n cleaned etc, has had 1400 games in just over a week (5 ball games with ball save turned on etc). The pop bumper count is over 90,000 hits, the front scoop has had over 35,000 hits and shows no wear at all.  If the game is used in a home environment, it would basically never cop any wear at all really, but I guess for $65, a cliffy wont hurt, if u like the look of it.

A week at timezone for a pinball game is like a years torture from a home collector on speed. Watching people hitting both flipper buttons for 20 minutes non stop is extremely painful.
Is there a law against pinball abuse out in the wild ? lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
The ONLY thing the X Men machine needs is a set of mirror blades IF u want it to look wider etc. Otherwise, it really needs nothing whatsoever.

Also, the X Men Pro at Surfers Paradise, as of this afternoon, whilst opened up n cleaned etc, has had 1400 games in just over a week. The pop bumper count is over 90,000 hits, the front scoop has had over 35,000 hits and shows no wear at all.  If the game is used in a home environment, it would basically never cop any wear at all really, but I guess for $65, a cliffy wont hurt, if u like the look of it.

A week at timezone for a pinball game is like a years torture from a home collector on speed. Watching people hitting both flipper buttons for 20 minutes non stop is extremely painful.
Is there a law against pinball abuse out in the wild ? lol

Besides from the blades and the shaker( which is being installed by amd for me) both of which are aftermarket costs I will be adding the cliffy, non ghosting leds and a custom topper.
I like the look of some of those figues but I agree that you wouldn't want to overload the machine with them.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 10:10:08 PM »
the X-men LE I played had a sub but with the standard issue speakers and it sounded awesome.

Chrome or a Metallic Gun Metal Grey or that Black Nickel trim (like on page 1) would look sweet as well but they can happen in time - just be great to get it and gamer on - congrats guys, lucky buggers  @@*
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:11:53 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »
I have left my AC/DC stock without LEDS, will prob do same with X Men, std still looks the goods. X Men has LEDS in pops already and a few around.
Hard to change out stock when it looks so good std. Will have to have a play n see really.

Always YES to the shaker motor. Cant order a BNIB without that mandatory add on. It would be missing something major without that.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »
I have left my AC/DC stock without LEDS, will prob do same with X Men, std still looks the goods. X Men has LEDS in pops already and a few around.
Hard to change out stock when it looks so good std. Will have to have a play n see really.

Always YES to the shaker motor. Cant order a BNIB without that mandatory add on. It would be missing something major without that.

Check out some of the vids on pinside in the x-men pro thread. Some guys have added some top quality leds to it and it looks superb.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »

Remember guys pics and videos when you lucky guys open your new xmen games I can't wait to see

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »

Remember guys pics and videos when you lucky guys open your new xmen games I can't wait to see

Peter

Will do, same goes for the tron mate.
 ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »

So have you ordered a X Men Brett? !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.