Author Topic: X-Men - Mods  (Read 24826 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: X-Men - Mods
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
I have left my AC/DC stock without LEDS, will prob do same with X Men, std still looks the goods. X Men has LEDS in pops already and a few around.
Hard to change out stock when it looks so good std. Will have to have a play n see really.

Always YES to the shaker motor. Cant order a BNIB without that mandatory add on. It would be missing something major without that.

So have you ordered a X Men Brett? !@#

YES   ^^^ If u play one Leon, U will want one for sure. Great machine and it looks dam nice. Colours are exceptional everywhere.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »
here is a effective mod for the game, but more for the games room.

utoplay=1&rel=0

and some comments about the lighting

from pinside
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
There are so many cool mods u can make for x men just from the available general x men toys for sale on eBay. Even big w and k mart had some great stuff when I visited the other day, especially large toys for a custom topper.

I am off to the Sydney markets tomorrow and will have my eyes open for any large x men topper toys, hope to pick up something exceptional for a mod or two.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 10:32:35 PM »
All this positive chat I'm wondering if I should have gone with XMEN instead of Tron? Anyway Trons only probably a abit over a month off so time will tell :-)

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
I have the Iceman, blackbird and storm from hemi on order.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »
If I had the extra money I would have bought a second edition tron in a heartbeat, especially cause u can add the el mod wire easily to make a tron le look wise.
U can also get a x men later if u want. Tron is such a cool looking game and both the audio and the dot matrix displays are so cool and unique, it is a excellent game in anyone's collection.

Pete, you will enjoy tron, it's a game you can take your time with, chose your shots wisely and build good points and a great game. U can't have every pin that is just flat out. U need a variety and tron will go perfectly with your acdc Pete.
That new translite is excellent. I reckon the second edition release will hold its value better from a collectors point of view. Can't wait to see yours come pete, Xmas present for sure.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:45:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 11:28:36 PM »
Yeah can't wait to get Tron it's very exciting but I'm a impatient person and want it now lol, 5 weeks to go.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »
If I wasn't now saving again for Avengers I would seriously consider a Tron.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

What about the SM on ebay ?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

What about the SM on ebay ?

What about it?
Overpriced I say.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 12:08:56 AM »
Has anyone got any more leads on anymore X Men mods ?   !@# !@#

also, there are no X Men toppers avail on lasserterrific except the magneto one....looking for the blue wolverine one ?  and any other NEW mods for a X Men if anyone can help....... !@# !@# !@#

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 03:23:59 AM »
The Iceman mod is very cool and either this or a cyclops figure should have been put into this part of the playfield and incorporated into the gameplay from day one. It not only looks fantastic lit up in blue led through the see through iceman figure and white led in the flasher but I also think it really adds to the feel of the game in general. The storm/xavier mod is pretty cool too...provides a strobe type effect to the backboard where the storm figure is when in the storm mode, the xavier scoop pulses red led when in use., haven't got the blackbird mod in yet.
Still have to put the mirror blades I got from Jady ages ago into it as well.
I don't think I will spend the money but the pro would look really nice with chrome legs etc as well.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
The Iceman mod is very cool and either this or a cyclops figure should have been put into this part of the playfield and incorporated into the gameplay from day one. It not only looks fantastic lit up in blue led through the see through iceman figure and white led in the flasher but I also think it really adds to the feel of the game in general. The storm/xavier mod is pretty cool too...provides a strobe type effect to the backboard where the storm figure is when in the storm mode, the xavier scoop pulses red led when in use., haven't got the blackbird mod in yet.
Still have to put the mirror blades I got from Jady ages ago into it as well.
I don't think I will spend the money but the pro would look really nice with chrome legs etc as well.

Daz, do u have any photos of any of these mods, or any links to any sales/order pages of where to buy them from etc.  !@#
Thanks in advance.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:02 PM »
OK, after looking at Iceman n Cyclops n other little figures that some are adding to X Men,which were good add ons when its daylight and u can see the playfield easily, I have worked out a very simple mod for my X Men Pro that is simple and cost effective that anyone can do by spending $6 tops.

On the X Men Pro, there are 2 Flasher bulbs with Blue dome covers on the Left side of the playfield (representing Magneto) and 2 Yellow Flasher bulbs/domes on the right side of the playfield representing Wolverine.. The Blue ones on the left side look good, n the colour is nice when the flashers go off, but the right side yellow ones dont seem to pop anywhere near as nice as they could.
So, what I have decided to do is replace some. I will change the blue x 2 to red for magneto, and change the yellow x 2 to blue. It will work much better. In fact I was going to add a extra few flasher domes each side of the playfield, well, at least one more of each anyway.

I have incl a photo of the stock playfield with the flasher domes as discussed. Red will look so much better IMO. $6 mod worth doing I think.
*as usual click on the photo for it to double in size.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:45:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »
continued............

With the first photo expanded, u will see there is plenty of room on both the right side and left side of the plastics to add an extra flasher dome, right next to the front flasher domes on both sides.

On the left side, I will add 1 x extra dome cover in front of the existing one, and after changing the colours, I will have 2 x reds on the left side, one front n back, and the added one will be in blue at the front next to the red.

On the right side of the playfield, the added dome cover will sit next to the original one, I will have a blue one at the front and a blue dome cover at the back, and the newly added one will be yellow.
This way, I can utilise existing parts, and the only bill will be for 2 x new red dome covers which I already have, and 1 x extra blue dome, and I only have to add a little wiring, and the flasher bulb holders x 2, which I already have.

I will take photos one I finish it.  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:01:24 AM by Caveoftreasures »