Author Topic: Whats your favourite shot on a pinball??  (Read 435 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Whats your favourite shot on a pinball??
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:27:08 PM »
Fixing up a Bally EM at the moment for someone.. cant stop myself from playing it though. Bally EMs have a REALLY nice feel to them and im enjoying just knocking the ball around.
What im really getting a kick out of though and its one of my favourite features on a pinny is THE SPINNER!!!!!

LOOOOVE this shot... shoot the ball cleanly up the lane and spin that baby hard.. each turn is worth 100 points.. watch the reels click round, points rack up and enjoy the " earthy" clicks of the relays as they work hard to keep up with THE SPINNER.
Amazing Spiderman has a good spinner shot too.. loving it.
Bally LOST WORLD.. favourite shot was THE SPINNER.
definately one of my favourite features on a playfield... pretty sure it got lost as DMD took over but im happy to be proven wrong.. shame if its not there anymore..

Anyway.. for me.. THE SPINNER.

Whats yours?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Whats your favourite shot on a pinball??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:25:04 AM »

In line drop targets. Paragon "Valley of the Demons". Bonus multipliers, Extra Ball and special. I've only done Special once that I can remember. Tough and rewarding. Fathom has captive balls behind both in line drop targets. Once the balls are captured, you have to knock down all six drop targets. It has the "combo shot" that has not equal in pinball. From the right hand in line drop target, the ball runs onto the flipper for a HARD shot to the top of the playfield where the second in tine target bank is. So if you knock down all right hand drop targets to release the first captive ball, when that ball ejects, and all but one top in line drop is standing, you can knock that over and have 3 ball multiball. Really hard to obtain, but this shot is my favorite in pinball.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:36 AM »
I defy anyone to have completed the inline drops on Centaur.. best ive done is 1 remaining.. absolute killer of a way to achieve multiball

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:13:34 AM »
Anyway.. for me.. THE SPINNER.
+1
Bally HGT the best; when new was fast, bouncy and fun to slam either of the two centre spinners.
Williams FP close second. Fast shot from right flipper to ball lock 1 at top produced some awesome sounds.
AC/DC spinner on War Machine with 1.52 software runs shaker continuously while spinning. Hard hits produce some heavy tremours.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
Spinner for me and my favourite is the Firepower spinner shot into the top right lock hole  ()
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »
Love the inline drop target shot for multipliers and then special on Eight Ball Deluxe.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »
Great topic Gav!

It's long shots for me.....the Hidden Hallway on Funhouse, the shot to  the Bouncer on BBB, the spinner shot to the lock on Firepower. the spinner shot to the lower playfield on Black Hole, And the greatest of them all- the right flipper shot to the the left lock on Spirit.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
For me it's about the sound of Metal on Metal and the tie fighters screaming down from the DMD when you hit the ramp on DE Star wars. A quick game is the perfect therapy when I come home from work.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
Big fan of long shots and especially orbit shots that you have to nail between tight pop bumper set ups - think WH20 right orbit, Funhouse right orbit and TSPP left orbit as some examples - ALL very tough shots and SWEET AS when you nail them  *)*
DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »
Volcano ramp shot in Congo - very tight between the three bumpers (that represent hippos in the game).

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
Orbits and ramps in combos. ^^^
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:01:40 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »
I like close dangerous shots ie. center targets like SM$M, Firepower, Mystic etc. where the balls flys back at you with speed. Spinner shot on Wizard is a cracker, but my favourite shots for 'feel' HAVE to be classic Stern drops. Can't beat 'em.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:03:27 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »
I like close dangerous shots ie. center targets like SM$M, Firepower, Mystic etc. where the balls flys back at you with speed. Spinner shot on Wizard is a cracker, but my favourite shots for 'feel' HAVE to be classic Stern drops. Can't beat 'em.

then you would  like the horse shoe on SOF with a spinner on the entrance and spinner on the exit, and it is close to the flippers, if you hit it wrong it come sback at you straight down the middle of your flipper with stupid crazy fast speed. and it looks cool when the lights from the spinners fire up and strobe, it is ok to hit the horseshoe when you intend to do it because you are ready, however right beside it is the shot lane to catch the ball for multiball also with a spinner. however if you dont get it into that lane good chance it will catch you by surprise when you hit the horseshoe by mistake. and its fast in its return
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:49:47 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Quote from: Wotto
link=topic=8839.msg115177#msg115177 date=1339205150
Big fan of long shots and especially orbit shots that you have to nail
between tight pop bumper set ups - think WH20 right orbit, Funhouse
right orbit and TSPP left orbit as some examples - ALL very tough shots
and SWEET AS when you nail them  *)*

yep love long orbit shots like whitewater  through the pops, very satisfying when you hit it.  Racking up a few continuous long orbits off the same flipper like hs2. And love the spinner orbit on wcs94 when the gate is up and you are flying 2 ur next destination

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »
Favourite also would definitely be spinner, although inline drop targets would be a close second.  Favourite hammering of the spinner would likely be on the Bally Freedom.  Although I have the SS version, I played the EM version in my youth, and the satisfaction of nailing the spinner (and this game had spinners on both sides of the PF) was right up there.

In-line also a favourite, and remember again in my youth playing Future Spa heaps of times.

It has the "combo shot" that has not equal in pinball. From the right hand in line drop target, the ball runs onto the flipper for a HARD shot to the top of the playfield where the second in tine target bank is. So if you knock down all right hand drop targets to release the first captive ball, when that ball ejects, and all but one top in line drop is standing, you can knock that over and have 3 ball multiball. Really hard to obtain, but this shot is my favorite in pinball.

Nino, not the only way to do this.  I had the great opportunity of playing this pin at a recent meet, and played it for hours.  In fact, I found the easier way to hit the top inline targets was actually with the bottom right hand flipper.  Not an easy shot, timing is everything, but more chances this way than trying with the top right hand flipper.

I defy anyone to have completed the inline drops on Centaur.. best ive done is 1 remaining.. absolute killer of a way to achieve multiball

Totally agree with you Gav.  Centaur was also setup right next to the Fathom at the said meet, and also played this game for hours.  Really enjoyable game, I must say.  And yes, the inline targets on this one are very, very tough.  Most balls I only mustered one, maybe two targets.  Just once the whole night did I actually drop all of them, but a very rare occurance.