Author Topic: New Pinball for our shop  (Read 440 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
New Pinball for our shop
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
time for a change Sick to death of my Gtb, will get beaky to service it and its going.
 today bought a Williams Millionaire machine, little bit fancier than the rock machine currently sited.
not a tittle i would own my self in my line up but think its cool enough to fit into the shop and another game that can be beaten up by kids and i wont get to upset about.
even though its to go into my cafe im still excited to have something new.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:29:12 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: New Pinball for our shop
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »
Nice one something different which is always a plus

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
That's great,  ^^^ I wish some (or even one) of the cafe's around my area would have a pin or two on site.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
That's great,  ^^^ I wish some (or even one) of the cafe's around my area would have a pin or two on site.

its interesting that anything pinball no matter the title is popular. majority of people who come in havent seen pinball for many many years and so its not a case of what title i have people just like playing pinall. its not like the old days when every one had pinall and you needed to better the other store, it seems so rare to have a pinball in a cafe people are just excited by anything, which suits me cos i can put cheap banger pinballs in the shop and people love it. lol

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »
Haven't seen that title in the flesh before, looks interesting!

And yeah, it is a novelty to see a pinball machine these days.

Offline tstevens

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »

its interesting that anything pinball no matter the title is popular. majority of people who come in havent seen pinball for many many years and so its not a case of what title i have people just like playing pinall. its not like the old days when every one had pinall and you needed to better the other store, it seems so rare to have a pinball in a cafe people are just excited by anything, which suits me cos i can put cheap banger pinballs in the shop and people love it. lol

Where's the cafe , Here in Melb? I used to love Millionaire
Troy Stevens
(Cant Live Without My Genie!!)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »
sorry mate, on the sunshine coast qld. so you dig this game? cheers i recon it would be cool novelty machine

Offline 48

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
That the one that Tony had mate?
Lets go Brandon!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
That the one that Tony had mate?

It sure looks like a shed picture.
Congrats on the new game!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
Hi Jason   out of interest what do you charge per game  I had a mate ask me about putting a game in a barber shop

For a 90s game you would have to get  2.00  for 5 balls           Howzat

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
Yep pin looks like its from the shed.

Great to see another pin sited  $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
Nice work, it would be great to find some more pins sited around here  *%*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »
Hi Jason   out of interest what do you charge per game  I had a mate ask me about putting a game in a barber shop

. No I charge $1 for five balls on these old games people seem happy with that, it seems to have very little interest for teens, mostly young kids with their parents like playing these games, and then middle aged peoPle. $2 is alittle rich for an old game IMO. Maybe a new one, but lots of people play em @ $1 and it's a good talking point in the shop. And yes it's from tony I haggled him down on it. I've bought enough machines from him now. Got a bit of Playfields wear I'm wanting to learn Playfields repairs so I got this machine as a trial, I found a nos Playfields if I stuff it up. Lol I want to learn learn how to repair Playfields and asked the help from retro pin on advice in the process.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »

. No I charge $1 for five balls on these old games people seem happy with that, it seems to have very little interest for teens, mostly young kids with their parents like playing these games, and then middle aged peoPle. $2 is alittle rich for an old game IMO. Maybe a new one, but lots of people play em @ $1 and it's a good talking point in the shop. And yes it's from tony I haggled him down on it. I've bought enough machines from him now. Got a bit of Playfields wear I'm wanting to learn Playfields repairs so I got this machine as a trial, I found a nos Playfields if I stuff it up. Lol I want to learn learn how to repair Playfields and asked the help from retro pin on advice in the process.

1 buck a game, that's great! Also good that the kids coming in get probably there first pin experience.
 Good luck with the playfield work if you decide to go for it and make sure you post us all some updates!  *%* I love watching the work some of the guys do on there playfield restorations and it'd be great to see how you go on your first one. Plenty of lessons to be learnt I bet. I'd love to have a crack at one one day also but I can be a bit impatient.   !@)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »

yer the areas in which the wear are on solid colours and i was carefull on picking a game with wear but not scary amount of wear. but even still i have wanted to do this in the past, but have been scared but i have decided its time to do give it ago, after reading so many crazy threads here where people have done some extrodonry work, i just need to fix a few decals on some inserts and airbrush a few areas that are all solid colours. but stil lscary for me.

as for the kids playing the pin, what i hear everyday, is a kid asking their dad or mum what the machine is, and the kid looks absolutly amazed by the lights and the size. and the parent always says, "thats what we played before Computer games" lol, and then almost always give the kid a $1 for the experience, if i had a dollar for every one who was a pinball wizard back in the day, (so they tell me) id be rich, oh wait they put that dollar in the machine and fail lol

1 buck a game, that's great! Also good that the kids coming in get probably there first pin experience.
 Good luck with the playfield work if you decide to go for it and make sure you post us all some updates!  *%* I love watching the work some of the guys do on there playfield restorations and it'd be great to see how you go on your first one. Plenty of lessons to be learnt I bet. I'd love to have a crack at one one day also but I can be a bit impatient.   !@)