Author Topic: Operation Millionaire pinball cleanup  (Read 837 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Operation Millionaire pinball cleanup
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
Ok introducing my newest pinball, lol
To go into my cafe as a replacement for my GTB.
this is my New Williams Millionaire Pinball machine.
Despite the name it doesn't look like a million dollars but hopefull yit will do shortly.

will involve my first play-field touch up. but ill show you what i have and the plans.
Over all the cab art is very good. but grubby
headbox art very good but dirty
side rails look like shit because of it being grubby and dirty, but will clean up like new i recon.
playfiled dirty as buggery, some playfiled where as seen in the pictures, but over all not to bad. plastics are good, the colour of playfield is good but dirty, and a few inserts will need decals. other wise a good playfield.
playing condition, well everything is there and it works.
trsanslight great but dirty and desplay is good but dirty.
prety much a very dirty machine but over all good.
going by what i am looking at fixing those inserts and playfield wear spots and i have good machine to be sited.
even came with $1 coin mechs which is handy and its almost ready to go.
oh and before i start i should say a big thank you to Retropin for the time he has taken to give me a crazy amount of advice on playfield reapairs and given me inspiration to try my first touchup.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:52:19 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
Re: Operation Millionaire pinball
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
ok Mylar is scary shit. easy to remove but scary when you get to inserts. paint side isnt a problem with mylar just inserts are. anyways took about 10minutes to do a playfield, just now its the fun part of cleaning shit from the mylar off it. heres some pictures.
you can see by the first picture why there is wear around the routlette thingo, it wasnt set level and bits of foam stuck in there to raise the clear plastic upto playfield level however now long at playfield level.
and even with the garbarge from the mylar the playfiled already looks allot brighter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
Re: Operation Millionaire pinball cleanup
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
tearing down the machine.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
Shouldnt this be in the chick with Pinballs thread?   Always love chicks who know how to handle a tool!!!   Sorry mate couldn't resist....

By the way I stripped a millionaire playfield a while back if you get stuck for parts I may be able to help  ^^^

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »
Shouldnt this be in the chick with Pinballs thread?   Always love chicks who know how to handle a tool!!!   Sorry mate couldn't resist....

By the way I stripped a millionaire playfield a while back if you get stuck for parts I may be able to help  ^^^

ahahaha, dont worry i get that all the time being the car scene before pinball, she knows about as much as i do about cars and can do pretty much everything i can do with them. so she is very used to "Shop Talk" and so am i lol.

ok on the parts for millionaire what plastics do you have. after striping down i found a few broken, not something noticeable but if i can get good better plastics id be happy. thats about all i can think of, send me a price for plastics if you have them. cheers mate

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »
I'll dig out the tub and see what plastics are left

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
I bought a complete NOS wired Millionaire Playfield from a US distributor when it closed a few years back for $400

Also got Bad Cats, Bride of Pinbot and Police Force.

Wish I still had them!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
I bought a complete NOS wired Millionaire Playfield from a US distributor when it closed a few years back for $400

Also got Bad Cats, Bride of Pinbot and Police Force.

Wish I still had them!

wish you still had it also, id probably make an offer on it.

ok some pictures of it complete. all ready for the shop. was hoping to have it in the shop tonight, and have spent the last 3 night working my ass off to get it done, however it happens to be raining like a bastard today. so i wont be able to transport it to the shop today. fingers crossed tomorrow.
over all came up pretty good i recon.
now on the inserts were garbage and they didnt look that fantastic some one must have lifter mylar years ago and pul lthe insert letters off and then laid new mylar over them,
so i removed the mylar and went to the print shop and got them to do some new letters.
 lucky the exact font was actually just a regular word font and the missus found it, only problem is some of the letters were black and some were white and the print shop printed the wrong letter white and the others black lol.
so the letters that should be black are now white and opposite for the others.
not worth complaining and it makes little difference to me. put down the decals and wacked some mylar over them to protect. cost me $20 to do the entire playfiled in decal helping a bucket load the font was stock.
looks prety good i recon

seeing the font was a word font, the missus made up a card that matches the machine,
Im looking forward to getting this bloody thing out of my lounge room.
i have been enjoying the game, its easy to get into multiball but hard to make big score and you need to get into multiball 3 times a ball to get you into a position to make score. which is sort of hard as it is a drain monster. it is also very hard to get used to using the thrid fliper button to use the third flipper.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
Shame about the white/black letter mix-up, but yeah, it makes no difference to playing the game.

Your customers should have a ball with this machine.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
Shame about the white/black letter mix-up, but yeah, it makes no difference to playing the game.

Your customers should have a ball with this machine.
to be honest i should have made it all black, the white inserts let the machine down, it doesnt fit in with the machine, where as the black does.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »
Cleaned up well, good work

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »
Cleaned up well, good work

thanks mate, well the update is, all ready for the shop and will be in tonight ready for the weekend. will be interesting to see how well it is received by customers. and if it will pull more money than the rock machine or less, lol the rock machine pulled good money, so be interested to see if there is a difference or not.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »
Nice clean machine even better in the flesh.

It even has a nice set of boards all with matching serial numbers.

When i played it i noticed a lot of sounds are the same as pinbot

You have done a great job mate  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »

did we work out which was designed first?? pinbot or millionaire?? both very simular age, ill go check this out later

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »

i worked out why, lol both have Music by Chris Granner. both made at the same time, idp says 87 yet my machine says its 86. so thats weird.