Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22667 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »
The Premium Avengers model is apparently going to be mostly RED. Thats the email I just got from a mate in the USA anyway who is a dealer....Premium details held back so all LE models get taken up/reserved this next week to ten days.

Red Premium
Green Hulk
Blue LE
Silver Pro

RGBS

We will know soon enough if the Premium is going to be RED.
I have put my hand up for a Pro when they arrive...I trust gameplay enough to order without a play...After relooking at photos for a few good hours, the Pro still looks like a winner for sure. They all look great.  Looks like 2013 is going to be a busy year to pay off this stuff.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
some screen shots to save people swapping through websites.

- pro and le next to each other
- pro playfield
- le / premium playfield
- le playfield ramp flip
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »
some more shots

- another ramp lift shot
- flipper zone
- ball lock
- pops

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2012, 08:02:16 AM »
and the hulk toy

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
It's coping  a bit of bashing in the US , a lot of negativity .
I think it's looks to be a poor effort from Stern but will reserve my opinion until i see game play .
US price in the mid 6K for a LE already , it's a bit alarming .
Price here should be in the low 7's IMHO .
But what do I know !
One would think Stern would release game play video at the same time.
Time will tell .

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »

Whats up with the dull playfields ? No clears on them at all - that's what it looks like. Artwork is really poor.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »
MMmmm... it doesnt look to be a players machine... has a great HULK novelty toy, but from the pics i dont see much to shoot for unless of course im missing something.

VERY very typical STERN artwork... its the same Stern layout they use over and over... Main characters centre stage just above the flippers.
Id really like to see Stern move the layout around once in a while.

Did i hear that the audio is not the actual characters from the movie??.. oh dear oh dear, that will detract from the collectability straight away.

A smart man would be wise to keep his $$'s firmly in his pocket until more is known on this one i reckon

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »
Love the old school lock unlike the virtual lock and the hulk LE is awesome cant wait to see it and checkout the flow and gameplay.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
People who like to play n own these modern style Stern machines are mostly liking everything about these Avengers models from the feedback I have been getting about all the media photos.  Once u buy n own a modern Stern machine BNIB, all these new titles are instantly on your radar which is fun and interesting.......and I think the more people bag Stern, the more it firms up the Stern faithful.lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
You mean the " touchy feely" Stern fans?? The ones that take every impartial and objective post as criticism?

You also say " MOSTLY" ... so any chance you can elaborate on that?... as in what the Stern faithful are not mostly liking?

But with every Stern fan only mostly liking it could be a case of Stern fans propping up Stern fans....... !*!

Id be interested to hear what the fans think of this... i cant really see anything other than a couple of shots on this, but its early days and a gameplay video will put all speculation to rest.

Hulk Green looks like eye candy.. nice looking game.

The silver though??  mmmmmm... not a lot of punch with the colour choice.. looks a bit lack lustre.

Im hoping HULK smash does something that will suprise us all... and i dont mean wobble...... !*!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
MMmmm... it doesnt look to be a players machine... has a great HULK novelty toy, but from the pics i dont see much to shoot for unless of course im missing something.

VERY very typical STERN artwork... its the same Stern layout they use over and over... Main characters centre stage just above the flippers.
Id really like to see Stern move the layout around once in a while.

Did i hear that the audio is not the actual characters from the movie??.. oh dear oh dear, that will detract from the collectability straight away.

A smart man would be wise to keep his $$'s firmly in his pocket until more is known on this one i reckon

Spot on Gav, I don't think there would be too many others who have been hanging for this game as much as I have. I have $$$ ready to go but will just not toss it away blindly because of the theme no matter how much I love it. There is too much here to keep me very cautious in the buying dept but custom audio is one of the big ones....cmon, it MUST have audio from the film otherwise it is not the real deal, just a sad immitation of what it should be.

I can't believe anyone would think the gameplay would be a winner without seeing/playing the game for themselves.

If I am to get one after everything s all sorted and I am happy with gameplay etc it will be LE or Prem, the pro cab art in the silver....hmmmmm not for me.
I will wait and see how it all pans out, $8950 for a LE is a shitload of money to lay out blindly on a machine unplayed and untested.
I am not a fan of Stern, I am a fan of super heros,  don't get me wrong I am glad that they get built but I do wish that stern did not have the monopoly on these titles.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:50:23 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:50:04 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
For me on this game it is theme, I love my IM and recently discovered that I am a growing lover of either monster (MB, SS) or superhero themes (IM, XM) and I like some of the features of this game and I like a open plan fan style and there are some features that I am still very curious and am intrigued about, the right entry ramp that goes to the left that seems to have a diverter to either the left flipper or drop into a ball pop out thingy, also like the flap thing in front of the Hulk - does it flip up so you have to hit the hulk or does loki pop up ??? I like the looks of the ball lock and the drops and intrigued about the orbit ramp I think it is (left to right).

The art on the playfield I don't mind apart from the box outline around the pops - Capt America I think. The art of the cabinet - hulk le is cool in a way but would of like the avengers team in the back ground to still link it in butI just think of lots of snot to be honest when I see it as well. The pro is lacking a bit of colour so reckon a custom set of rails will change / help that. The blue le looks cool though hope it is a metallic not a flat blue like on X-men otherwise looks a little plastic. My IM has the US set of candy apple red and it adds that high end feel and I like that. The Avengers Premium (CC be interested to know) is the pro cabinet art with rumoured red trim like on the AC/DC so don't like that personally - Premium with a metallic green or blue would be cool and help the cabinet art a little to bring out some colours,

For me I do like some Sterns but if JJP did a monsters or superhero I would be there as well. I like the idea of this one as well because no interest in purchasing JJP's WOZ and Hobbit and Stern's Metallic / Kiss and Star Trek ,so nothing for me for a while so this will be a possible first and last NIB for me for a long time.

Lastly a Monster's and Comic SuperHero's game is a game theme that I think will not out date like some other games. Interestingly when IM first came out I was not into pinball but I read it was not well received due to being a budget style game but now a sort after machine which I think this will fall into a similar category as targets are hidden but some photos show them tucked around and has a few ramps and a interactive toy and ball lock so I think this has potential to be a great game. But that is my personal opinion and don't expect anyone to agree.

My thoughts anyway guys but looking forward to a gameplay / explanation video to help make my mind up. Interesting that Stern never did a promo teaser video this time around not even a week before.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:23:31 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
People who like to play n own these modern style Stern machines are mostly liking everything about these Avengers models from the feedback I have been getting about all the media photos.  Once u buy n own a modern Stern machine BNIB, all these new titles are instantly on your radar which is fun and interesting.......and I think the more people bag Stern, the more it firms up the Stern faithful.lol

I agree with your comments. But it seems that a "culture" of Stern lovers are alienating themselves from the mainstream. The "fanboi" mentality is growing. Stern will fail if it caters to the "fanbois". As that market reduces, their sales number reduces. The "Stern faithful" = "Stern Fanbois". This is not a good look in my opinion. The are a lot of pinheads that don't own late model Sterns, and they don't look like adding this title to their collection. I think Stern are under the same microscope as it's competitor - which is a good thing

I think the HULK version looks a real winner. I do like the open playfield. I look forward to playing the game, and I hope it is as successful as AC/DC. Playfield artwork is way below standard, but ALL cabinets looks great ! I love the theme.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
U make a few interesting n correct points Nino.  
I M O, the Stern fanboy club is no different to the B/W fanboy club versus the other Manufacturers fanboy club, versus the SS or EM fanclub etc...we all have our favourites...and we all believe our favourites are the best. We all have passion for our team so to speak...and sometimes, if you barrack hard for say the Stern team, some think u are barracking hard against the other team automatically, which isnt true..a vote for one doesnt mean a vote against the others (although sometimes its true too.lol)

Stern will cater to Stern fans...which I believe are growing...look at how many BNIB Stern owners are on AP in the last 2 or so years...lots compared to before...it doesnt matter if u love or dislike Stern, it just matters that people dont get upset with you if you dont back the same team...I am a huge Stern convert now...wont be going back...and I do even send Stern criticism letters from time to time because I am balanced enough to pick on them for things i see as bad, as well as praise them for the good.

Its human nature for people to group themselves with people who think the same...Mainstream is pinball owners...I dont think its a good or bad look to be a Stern or anything fan...just be a pinball fan...and a bit of fun n healthy competition never hurt anyone....everyone needs to remember that just because someone disagrees with a view, its not personal. Lets keep the place both passionate n fun.

Lastly, I have been over the fact i changed my mind about the AC/DC Pro machines looks 11 months ago, so there is no need to revisit that again. Old news. This is a Avengers thread so we can keep focusing on Avengers and the rest is 100 percent history n not important.

Yes, where is the Stern video of Avengers, and where is the Premium photos....needed badly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:28:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »