Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22555 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
agree 4 sure swinksy, u are on the ball for sure...

AMD has some nice stock sitting upstairs..its magic to see AC/DC Pros, AC/DC Premiums, plus X Men Pros plus X Men Blue Wolverine next to Red X Men Magneto etc...all different variants all side by side brand spanking new and lit up..its test players heaven....
Now add some Avengers into the mix, and its going to be great walking back upstairs just outside Bruces office n looking at all the eye candy.  *%*
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

AMD has some nice stock sitting upstairs..its magic to see AC/DC Pros, AC/DC Premiums, plus X Men Pros plus X Men Blue Wolverine next to Red X Men Magneto etc...all different variants all side by side brand spanking new and lit up..its test players heaven....
Now add some Avengers into the mix, and its going to be great walking back upstairs just outside Bruces office n looking at all the eye candy.  *%*
I would have thought ab empty (sold out) show room would be better

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »
Had some people around for a bbq today( non pinheads) and they were very impressed with IM and X-men.
Might have a buyer for my x-men pro, if so I will be getting a magneto LE as well.
 #*#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »
Had some people around for a bbq today( non pinheads) and they were very impressed with IM and X-men.
Might have a buyer for my x-men pro, if so I will be getting a magneto LE as well.
 #*#

Are u really selling your X Men Pro after only 1 x month ?  Are u buying the Magneto LE from the Gold Coast 2nd hand or a new in box LE X Men ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
 #*#

Are u really selling your X Men Pro after only 1 x month ?  Are u buying the Magneto LE from the Gold Coast 2nd hand or a new in box LE X Men ?

Gold coast 2nd hand?
Nope.
The Marvel collection is nearly done, spidey comming soon and my pinball buying days are almost done for quite a long time indeed...if at all ever again.
 #*#
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:11:32 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »
Very nice collection you will have Daz /

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
Very nice collection you will have Daz /

Cheers, i hope there are no more super hero pins made for a long time....my wallet needs a break!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »

Pete, i dont understand what ab empty means ? me confused... whats it mean ?

Daz, explain about selling X Men ? why etc...gameplay on LE not much different at all...are u serious...? explain whats happening... Avengers i understand, but X Men ??  swapping the Pro for a LE, but then u mention spiderman, X Men leaves spiderman for dead...

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
Interesting looking title and the Hulk toy is something a bit different. As always, this will come down to gameplay as to whether it is just an OK machine or something really good to great. To me the theme is fine and the art looks good enough.

I was thinking about the whole fan-boy phenomenon and what it boils down to is an attitude of uncritically accepting how good a title is simply because it was produced by one manufacturer. (I am not singling out any manufacturer or person in saying this.)

To me it is obvious that manufacturers do not always get the formula right and that some titles are better than others for various reasons, even if made by the same manufacturer. Gameplay is a big factor in this for me. In the end, pinball is a game!

I would never personally hand over money for a pinball title without having played it for a while or at a minimum have someone I know and respect tell me that the gameplay is good. Some of you have a lot more trust in manufacturers than I do if you are willing to take a gamble on an unplayed title! (Maybe you like to live on the edge, but I prefer to know what I am getting into!!)

So lets see some video of Avengers actually being played...

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »

Now add some Avengers into the mix, and its going to be great walking back upstairs just outside Bruces office n looking at all the eye candy.  *%*

Daz, explain about selling X Men ? why etc...gameplay on LE not much different at all...are u serious...? explain whats happening... Avengers i understand, but X Men ??  swapping the Pro for a LE, but then u mention spiderman, X Men leaves spiderman for dead...

explain what?
my decisions are my own thanks very much, I see no reason to explain anything to you.
it is a marvel collection and spiderman is a marvel hero...have you been living under a rock?
Spidey is a awesome player but it needs at the very least a decent pinball player to understand that..... #@# When you are there let me know!
I WILL own all the marvel pins.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:41:37 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »

"ab empty" should read "an empty" - that is, Pete was implying that if the titles were that good they would all be sold and no longer available to look at together in the showroom.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »

Now add some Avengers into the mix, and its going to be great walking back upstairs just outside Bruces office n looking at all the eye candy.  *%*

Daz, explain about selling X Men ? why etc...gameplay on LE not much different at all...are u serious...? explain whats happening... Avengers i understand, but X Men ??  swapping the Pro for a LE, but then u mention spiderman, X Men leaves spiderman for dead...

explain what?
my decisions are my own thanks very much, I see no reason to explain anything to you.
it is a marvel collection and spiderman is a marvel hero...have you been living under a rock?
Spidey is a awesome player but it needs at the very least a decent pinball player to understand that..... #@# When you are there let me know!

I thought u were joking.....You have owned the X Men for less than a month.....I didnt expect a hissy fit over a conversation.
Last time i will ever ask u a question. Guarranteed.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

explain what?

I thought u were joking.....You have owned the X Men for less than a month.....I didnt expect a hissy fit over a conversation.
Last time i will ever ask u a question. Guarranteed.

ty that works very well for me.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:57:18 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »
"ab empty" should read "an empty" - that is, Pete was implying that if the titles were that good they would all be sold and no longer available to look at together in the showroom.
[/quote]

thankyou AJ for explaining, i didnt understand the ab bit, but looking at it now, it makes sense. I thought ab meant another company or ?...
It looks good when u walk in to AMD Stern and can test the different models. If you walked into a completely empty ford or holden dealership and there were no stock to look at, it would be very weird, so i guess Bruce-AMD has stock out of boxes avaiable to view n play to make it easier to test a machine and then sell a machine.  I am not sure having stock to look at means the product is no good. If i walked in and there was no stock at all to look at, i would be worried more.

If anyone gets the chance to visit AMD in Sydney, it is worth a visit, nice people.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
Being a stern distributor would AMD be given machines by stern to have on the floor for potential buyers to test drive/play? Or even at a heavily discounted price.

Peter.