Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22980 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
Having Gomez linked to this game has me very nervous indeed!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »
Cant wait to see this new table :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
a green hulk that glows bright green and smashs the playfield followed by shaker motor etc.....

sounds like the Avengers pinny is going to be awesome..... bring on 2013.... watch the LE models sellout in a record time, hence the premium model coming back perhaps.....

no single designer designs any game by himself anymore at Stern apparently without the whole design team having a say in it etc, so no one person can stuff it up...Avengers will be good...if not spectacular regardless of who puts their name to it...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:24:13 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »
a green hulk that glows bright green and smashs the playfield followed by shaker motor etc.....

sounds like the Avengers pinny is going to be awesome..... bring on 2013.... watch the LE models sellout in a record time, hence the premium model coming back perhaps.....

no single designer designs any game by himself anymore at Stern apparently without the whole design team having a say in it etc, so no one person can stuff it up...Avengers will be good...if not spectacular regardless of who puts their name to it...

I find this hard to believe, Gomez needs to redeem himself big time after the Transformers fiasco but I hope he gets help. He needs it big time!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
Lets hope the ho humness of Transformers was due to cost cutting, and a lack of time and or vision from management, or any other excuse/factor versus just a lousy Gomez design style....It just didnt have anything special going for it. I played a few games on a brand new T/F LE and just didnt feel anything special, or anything at all, and then cancelled my T/F order a few weeks later...It just had no personality to me. .....Compared to playing AC/DC and X Men for the first times, both of these titles just felt exciting, with loads of instant fun factor and likability. T/F just didnt have any of that at all. T/F looks the part, the audio and dot matrix are cool, but shot n playfield wise, it just felt too repetitive and not random at all, sorry.

I just cant see Gary Stern or Steve Ritchie (now in his new position) letting any machine out of the building that will look like a backwards step after the great work of AC/DC and X men titles.(excl T/F home game toy thing.lol)

Something tells me the LE versions of Avengers are probably already close to sold out with substantial pre-order pre-interest with dealers everywhere just taking a risk on it being great with their hands up for numbers already etc. I am hoping the Pro is just as good as the X Men and AC/DC Pros, because if a Pro is good, the LE follows suit. Every title needs a decent Pro to start with, like solid foundations I guess.   

How much different to the X men feel and layout will Avengers be ? similar wouldnt hurt, cause X Men is great, but totally different could be a big risk, cause sometimes big changes can work or fail.....need that dam time machine...I hate waiting in dam suspense...

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »
There are two Stern themes that I would be really interested in trying to buy.  Transformers was one of them and Avengers is the other.  I have this bad bad feeling that Gomez will strike again and ruin what should be a killer title for Stern.  I do hope I am wrong but looking at all of his previous designs, only JM really does it for me, the others I simply don't like the game play.

Fingers crossed someone gives him a hand with the design.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »
Hey Blair (formerly Pintoxicated, now Pinister)  whats the go with the avatar name change ?  !@#

I am assuming u are standardising the name acrooss several forums or something...Its hard to get used to that new name...whats the insight to the name change if u dont mind me asking ?  !@#

Cavey

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:46 AM »
I might change mine to Brett to:      acdcisthebestpinballevermade   

Lol Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 02:53:32 AM »
I might change mine to Brett to:      acdcisthebestpinballevermade    

Lol Peter

I might change mine to    

toomanyfukinpinballsandthewifenevershutsthefukup

or

itsonlymoneyanduhavetocollectsomethingfrigginweirdsowhynotpinballs

fukthesethingsareheavyandigotatorndiskwhenimovedhouselast

or

ifuarereadingthisumustbebloodyboredsogoandplaypinballusillybastard

@.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% &^& &^& &^& &^& &^& &^& &^&
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:57:06 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2012, 04:08:57 AM »
There are two Stern themes that I would be really interested in trying to buy.  Transformers was one of them and Avengers is the other.  I have this bad bad feeling that Gomez will strike again and ruin what should be a killer title for Stern.  I do hope I am wrong but looking at all of his previous designs, only JM really does it for me, the others I simply don't like the game play.

why bother designing it? it is stern after all,
its their god given right to make a pinball machine with no innovation, slap a some sort of movie or comic franchise to the cab and get some stooge who learnt how to photoshop from a 3year old to cut and past some generic pictures to a playfield,
find some $2 toys from the reject shop and glue them to the playfield, bingo you have a stern.

Do they call it area 52 because the team at stern have locked them selves in a bunker for the last 20 years away from reality with a handful of comics, movies, and a collection of three cassette tapes as their only form of inspiration? i could imaging sterns design office, it would have boring plain white walls with a big sign hanging as you enter reminding the designers of the stern moto's, "ideas are a thing of the past" and "if its original it aint a stern"

a stern is like a happy meal from maccas, you get a pile of shit in a licenced themed box and you are only happy because it has cheap licenced toy that is included.
woohoo Stern keep the original ideas coming, you are so inspirational with your themes and design, if stern was a car designer they would be so innovative they might be able to power them on steam, the LE model of the stern car would come with wheels and fire poker to prod the coals to make it go faster, at only an additional $3grand more than the pro stern car, wow
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:36:49 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2012, 04:45:26 AM »
There are two Stern themes that I would be really interested in trying to buy.  Transformers was one of them and Avengers is the other.  I have this bad bad feeling that Gomez will strike again and ruin what should be a killer title for Stern.  I do hope I am wrong but looking at all of his previous designs, only JM really does it for me, the others I simply don't like the game play.

why bother designing it? it is stern after all,
its their god given right to make a pinball machine with no innovation, slap a some sort of movie or comic franchise to the cab and get some stooge who learnt how to photoshop from a 3year old to cut and past some generic pictures to a playfield,
find some $2 toys from the reject shop and glue them to the playfield, bingo you have a stern.

Do they call it area 52 because the team at stern have locked them selves in a bunker for the last 20 years away from reality with a handful of comics, movies, and a collection of three cassette tapes as their only form of inspiration? i could imaging sterns design office, it would have boring plain white walls with a big sign hanging as you enter reminding the designers of the stern moto's, "ideas are a thing of the past" and "if its original it aint a stern"

a stern is like a happy meal from maccas, you get a pile of shit in a licenced themed box and you are only happy because it has cheap licenced toy that is included.
woohoo Stern keep the original ideas coming, you are so inspirational with your themes and design, if stern was a car designer they would be so cutting edge they would be making them steam powered.

:lol
No I am happy becuase they make some good games with themes I like that play great, simple as that.
No photoshopped artwork on xmen or maccas toys for that matter. The artwork on x is some the best ever on any game. Tough as nails to play with super tight shots and fast. A good code update will make this pin one the great players pins.
Pile of shit....lol...don't think so! I can name heaps of old orignal themed pins that are though.
Avengers will be great too I hope, who cares if they make pins that are movie or comic book based...only a VERY small minority seem to jack up about it.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »
i have an early 80's pinball, it has a ramp and bit of a raised playfield at the back a few drop targets basic sounds but at least has good art, its fun to play.
thats all fine its limited by the tech of the time.

now i have another machine built 5 years later, a bit better tech has come along and the game has a rediculas amount of inovation in comparison to the first machine, and has great art and all that and better sounds.

then we can look at some of the Dmd's that came about 5 years after that machine and thats a step up again.

now come on, its 2012 mate, stern have not gone to the next step, we have seen decade after decade of machines being built with new innovation making the game that much better than the last. right upto the late nineties, then it all stops and its the same crap from that point till now, and when a half decent game comes out like acdc its a revelation wow, how fantastic, then back to pumping the same shit as before.

well no ones complaining? well they sell a few thousand machines world wide? out a world wide population of 7 billion, hmm.

it is pretty frigen piss poor imo that you have sys11 games from the 80's that have more going for them than a 2012 model pinball.
and for xmen not having a cheap toy stuck to it??? well that wolverine looks pretty cheap to me and thats the feature item of the game.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:19:46 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2012, 07:54:52 AM »
Hey Blair (formerly Pintoxicated, now Pinister)  whats the go with the avatar name change ?  !@#

I am assuming u are standardising the name acrooss several forums or something...Its hard to get used to that new name...whats the insight to the name change if u dont mind me asking ?  !@#

Cavey

No reason Brett, just something that popped into my head.  Peter asked me the same question.  I will probably change it back, I like the old one better. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
i have an early 80's pinball, it has a ramp and bit of a raised playfield at the back a few drop targets basic sounds but at least has good art, its fun to play.

now i have another machine built 5 years later, a bit better tech has come along and the game has a rediculas amount of inovation in comparison to the first machine, and has great art and all that and better sounds.

then we can look at some of the Dmd's that came about 5 years after that machine and thats a step up again.

now come on, its 2012 mate, stern have not gone to the next step, we have seen decade after decade of machines being built with new innovation making the game that much better than the last. right upto the late nineties, then it all stops and its the same crap from that point till now, and when a half decent game comes out like acdc its a revelation wow, how fantastic, then back to pumping the same shit as before.

well no ones complaining? well they sell a few thousand machines world wide? out a world wide population of 7 billion, hmm.

it is pretty frigen piss poor imo that you have sys11 games from the 80's that have more going for them than a 2012 model pinball.
and for xmen not having a cheap toy stuck to it??? well that wolverine looks pretty cheap to me and thats the feature item of the game.

You have to be kidding! pinball is nearly dead, the fact that there are any manufacturers running around at all any more is astounding.
Pinball will be dead with this generation, no doubts about it.
Both of my nib sterns are better players than any 80's game, system 11 game or just about any 90's game for that matter.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:07:21 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »

You have to be kidding! pinball is nearly dead, the fact that there are any manufacturers running around at all any more is astounding.
Pinball will be dead with this generation, no doubts about it.
Both of my nib sterns are better players than any 80's game, system 11 game or just about any 90's game for that matter.

pinball aint dead, stern is almost dead, and he aint pinball. stern is like that dodgy 7/11 that is the only shop in some town, it sells overpriced shit they think they are the bees knees but once woolies comes into town every one who shopped their relized just how crap that 7/11 is.

ive gone out of my way to play a bucket load of sterns of late, and they dont even come close to being outstanding.

you could grab one top of the line standout machine from each era over the last 60 years, put them in a shopping center side by side and ask people to pick out the oldest to the youngest, i recon they would be able to tell on every machine from the 50s to 90s but when they get too the 90 and late model sterns from 2000 and the 2010's, a person who isnt in the know wouldnt be able to tell what one is the most modern. stern are not innovators
they are just pumping out B-grade style 90's pinballs.
and there are plenty of things that have almost died in fasion that have made a massive reassurance because of invotaion and marketing. thats know excuse

and pinball aint dead, if you saw how many people played my dodgy shop pinball and who was playing it and the attention it gets all day you would see there is a market, i know of three people who have bought their first pinball from playing my average old game in my shop, and about to have 4th as the tattoo shop up the road now wants one in their shop.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:45:41 PM by Olivia_jason »