Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22996 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Yeah you could be right, anything to keep the hobby alive for another generation would be sweet.
I hope it does but I will never know once I have kicked the bucket.
So for now I just enjoy them for myslef,my family and friends.

Anyway back on topic.....when will the Avengers be revealed?

i recon its going to be held off till after JJP' woz

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
Yeah you could be right, anything to keep the hobby alive for another generation would be sweet.

Guys in the USA are saying pictures within two weeks so hope thats true.

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »

i recon its going to be held off till after JJP' woz

If that's the case, it's anyones guess when that will be.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
Avengers will be released before Xmas when Santa slides down the chimney, but AMD have said Avengers wont be offloaded n available here in OZ til end Jan/mid feb...subject to Stern sticking with their currently announced stock production schedules.

No one is waiting for WOZ for any titles release cause respectfully, Stern will have designed and sold John Borgs new model which is due out in spring(USA time) before the WOZ production has even caught up n finished what he has sold already (aprox 1100 units of WOZ).
WOZ may be released in very small numbers (fifty for the show in the USA in 4 weeks time for dealers to look/play with etc) and another 50 machines by early Jan, but they are only just recieving computer boards for the game in the next few weeks, and large numbers of WOZ machines to the public wont happen in my mind really to Feb onwards next year, plus some time.

The more machines/titles/varied stock Stern releases before WOZ starts hitting the streets, the better for Stern.

WHY ? because JJP have peoples monies for the 1,000 Emerald City machine already, and perhaps 100 or so Std models, but in order to get another 1,000 sales of Std WOZ machines (which JJP need) they will now have to compete with buyers also looking at a AC/DC, X Men, Avengers and so on etc.

Its just smarter for Stern to power ahead and now run its own race since it has seen most of the WOZ project inside n out like most of the pinball world has by seeing the machine, or just by looking at the photos n videos etc via Pinballnews website etc.
 Stern will now try every trick in the book to better JJP by adding some enhancements, and by keeping others which it knows work already. example - maybe a bigger Dot matrix display like the huge Sega ones we had with Batman Forever/Frankenstein etc, but probably wont go to a LCD as yet, probably 12 months away, if at all....and if they do a LCD, expect it on a LE, and a dmd on a Pro etc...with pricing to suit..I cant see the Pro ever having a LCD.. Most feedback is that people want the dmd to stay. etc.

As long as JJP and Stern try to out do each other, we will win, if prices stay the same etc, and dont climb.  ^^^
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:21:31 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
Avengers will be released before Xmas when Santa slides down the chimney, but AMD have said Avengers wont be offloaded n available here in OZ til end Jan/mid feb...subject to Stern sticking with their currently announced stock production schedules.

No one is waiting for WOZ for any titles release cause respectfully, Stern will have designed and sold John Borgs new model which is due out in spring(USA time) before the WOZ production has even caught up n finished what he has sold already (aprox 1100 units of WOZ).
WOZ may be released in very small numbers (fifty for the show in the USA in 4 weeks time for dealers to look/play with etc) and another 50 machines by early Jan, but they are only just recieving computer boards for the game in the next few weeks, and large numbers of WOZ machines to the public wont happen in my mind really to Feb onwards next year, plus some time.

The more machines/titles/varied stock Stern releases before WOZ starts hitting the streets, the better for Stern.

WHY ? because JJP have peoples monies for the 1,000 Emerald City machine already, and perhaps 100 or so Std models, but in order to get another 1,000 sales of Std WOZ m,achines (which JJP need) they will now have to compete with buyers also looking at a AC/DC, X Men, Avengers and so on etc.

mmm.. dont quite agree. Stern brought out ACDC to coincide with the WOZ release and hit JJP sales with a cracker of a title that pretty much had guaranteed sales.. he brought in the big guns for this namely Steve Ritchie and dropped the price to a point where im struggling to see any real profit for Stern... it would have been a clever move on Gary's behalf had WOZ been released on time, but it didnt happen.
Now Stern have to release just as good titles at around the same price.. problem is that we know now what to expect from Stern with these next titles.. it will be like ACDC but with different pictures.
I dont see these Stern titles touching JJP's sales at all.. many non Stern buyers will be in for WOZ, the demand for the LE's is unreal, many Stern buyers will also buy WOZ or the next JJP title. i certainly dont think Jack is concerned with what Gary is up to. I do however think Gary is very nervous with what he sees jack doing

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
To my knowledge the AC/DC price was only discounted in Australia by $250 due to a supposed seafreight deal and the strong aussie dollar, with the pricing in the USA the same as its always been.
I thought AC/DC was produced because it was simply next in line versus having anything to do really with JJP.

In fact the price of X Men has gone back up in Australia by $250, so Stern prices have risen, not dropped and the Avengers price will also be up compared to AC/DC.  Also, the LE WOZ models have all been sold, and now people have to pay much more money for a standard WOZ model which is all they are now offering, which hasnt got invisiglass, the topper, the green metal work, signed playfield, etc etc etc....thats not going to be a easy sell when people have got a LE with all the goodies for $1,000 or more less. Makes the std WOZ model look too expensive now.

I see it the opposite way, I see JJP now being on the backfoot...with people wondering how long the next JJP title will take to come out, and WOZ still has to prove itself as a platform, and a playable title, plus many see the LCD screen so far to be not as impressive as first thought...my money is on Stern for the next 24 to 36 months for better performance and better playing games before JJP gets it right....WOZ might have technology on its side, but so did Pin2000 when it came out, and we know how history has treated Pin2000.  At the end of the day, its a games gameplay n shots n theme which make a pinball machine, not the stuff hidden in the bottom of the cabinet to a certain degree...time will tell.

If Avengers is a home run of a game, it will hurt JJP std WOZ machine sales, as will the next Stern title, cause JJP have nothing else to offer except a more expensive std WOZ without bling, which will be that way for another 12 months til the next JJP title comes out, and it could be alot longer than 12 months for a 2nd JJP title...or longer..  my money is on Stern to take a very very dominant role for the next 24 months plus.

I just wish they would all hurry up n release more varied games....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:30:09 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
To my knowledge the AC/DC price was only discounted in Australia by $250 due to a supposed seafreight deal and the strong aussie dollar, with the pricing in the USA the same as its always been.
I thought AC/DC was produced because it was simply next in line versus having anything to do really with JJP.

In fact the price of X Men has gone back up in Australia by $250, so Stern prices have risen, not dropped and the Avengers price will also be up compared to AC/DC.  Also, the LE WOZ models have all been sold, and now people have to pay much more money for a standard WOZ model which is all they are now offering, which hasnt got invisiglass, the topper, the green metal work, signed playfield, etc etc etc....thats not going to be a easy sell when people have got a LE with all the goodies for $1,000 or more less. Makes the std WOZ model look too expensive now.

I see it the opposite way, I see JJP now being on the backfoot...with people wondering how long the next JJP title will take to come out, and WOZ still has to prove itself as a platform, and a playable title, plus many see the LCD screen so far to be not as impressive as first thought...my money is on Stern for the next 24 to 36 months for better performance and better playing games before JJP gets it right....WOZ might have technology on its side, but so did Pin2000 when it came out, and we know how history has treated Pin2000.  At the end of the day, its a games gameplay n shots n theme which make a pinball machine, not the stuff hidden in the bottom of the cabinet to a certain degree...time will tell.

If Avengers is a home run of a game, it will hurt JJP std WOZ machine sales, as will the next Stern title, cause JJP have nothing else to offer except a more expensive std WOZ without bling, which will be that way for another 12 months til the next JJP title comes out, and it could be alot longer than 12 months for a 2nd JJP title...or longer..  my money is on Stern to take a very very dominant role for the next 24 months plus.

I just wish they would all hurry up n release more varied games....

I dont think JJp are on the back foot,
2 weeks ago i would have said i agree, but not after seeing what you are getting with the WOZ and the attention to detail and wifi and everything else. I recon when people see the stuff in a pinball they have never seen before from what this WOZ pinball looks like to be delivering,
stern will have problems, so they might be wise to actually see what JJP have and then react to it,
unless they rush this title out now on current tech and work on a better pinball to compete with JJP??? either way i doubt this will be a fantastic game and i recon it will be obsolete the day it leaves the factory.

thats why i recon stern may delay this title, if they come out with a none game changing tech now, after knowing what a WOZ machine looks like they will fall over very fast,

i thought like you cavey only a few weeks ago, stern wont have problem with a lame titled game like WOZ, but that has changed after reading all this and seeing what they are making as far as quality of a machine for about the same amount as a stern, I recon stern would actually be worried now. even none LE WOZ that plays the same as the LE WOZ no difference playfield wise so you dont feel that ripped off.

woz is getting allot of publicity and it has allot more tech than any stern has, and people have seen that. And if stern isnt paying attention they are crazy to release anything but an a-grade machine with hard core tech.

if you get a picture of Woz playfield beside a stern like x-men, now who seriously has a better looking playfield and more interest? forget the theme, we all know the theme is shit- so we compare only the innovation and attention to detail. sorry but that WOZ has it all over stern.

JJP are getting so much attention in the hobby of late.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:11:57 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:10 AM »

Guys in the USA are saying pictures within two weeks so hope thats true.

Peter

Lets hope so, I am really looking forward to it!

As for WOZ it may look great on the pf( the cab art does not appeal ) but it holds no interest for me at all regardless of how well it is built and whatever innovations it may have in the build quality etc. The audio is just awful and would drive me crazy within 20 mins.
The Lcd is far too big and the videos of the gameplay don't do enough to get me excited about this title.

Having said that, if the next jjp pin is a theme I can get into with a smaller lcd incorparting a traditional backglass as well, then I would buy one after playing it of course but there is the next problem.
Will we be able to play a jjp pin before purchase here in aus and more importantly for me here in qld, will we see them in timezone etc just like new stern?
I will not buy any nib regardless of theme without playing it first.

Anyways enough of the yellow brick rd, this a Avengers thread.
Bring it on, very nervous and excited with anticipation!!

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:12 AM »
A magazine advert.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:48:30 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
Nice find, what mag
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2012, 07:42:54 AM »
Edit
Stuff trying to quote on the mobile
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:46:40 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:30 AM »
silly me the photos say what mag  &^&

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »
Gary will be releasing details after the IAAPA Show
Confirmed 2 LE models

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Confirmed 2 LE models

when is that show  #*#

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »
Confirmed 2 LE models

when is that show  #*#

I 2nd that.
 #*#