Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22918 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
mmmm, cant see a KISS pinball being made...KISS was great for a few years around the 1978 era etc, and its all been down hill n too many band people changes etc etc since..they arent even a shadow of their former selves, where as AC/DC has remained current n together for the last 30 yrs...

also, I was told that the next title after Avengers, being done by John Borg and released in uSA;s spring is action and is movie based...so its no more for band pinnys for Stern i believe....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2012, 11:05:06 PM »
mmmm, cant see a KISS pinball being made...KISS was great for a few years around the 1978 era etc, and its all been down hill n too many band people changes etc etc since..they arent even a shadow of their former selves, where as AC/DC has remained current n together for the last 30 yrs...

also, I was told that the next title after Avengers, being done by John Borg and released in uSA;s spring is action and is movie based...so its no more for band pinnys for Stern i believe....

Your are taking the piss, right ? I think you need to spend a bit of time researching the facts on the two bands before making completely inaccurate comments !

This is an Avengers thread - but mark my words - "if" a KISS pinball is remade, it will sell far more than AC/DC did. Stern know this, and that's why they continue to pursue this remake. AC/DC was their third or fourth choice.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
I knew you and Pete were big Kiss fans and would reply very quickly..but which bit is innacurate...lol
I can tell u are a passionate KISS fan.

The KISS army is still strong, but does it equate to massive pinball sales...(or will it just be us pinny n kiss fans as usual).alot of people like me bought the AC/DC pinny cause I liked the pinny, not the band......pinny purchase had nothing to do with band at all....AC/DC isnt as huge in the USA as KISS, I know that. But, >

> Isnt it a fair proposition that KISS is mostly remembered by most of the world for their makeup days etc, back in their biggest days around the 1978 era etc......(we are not talking crazy mad Kiss fans who live n breathe KISS daily but the average Joe Blow)...isnt KISS known mostly by the masses for the makeup days...?....and to prove a point so to speak, wouldnt a KISS pinball fail unless it had KISS pictured in makeup...with the original lineup ? (no one will do a unmasked pinny with current members - equals nil pinny sales) Therefore, if they werent a shadow of their former selves, they would be doing a unmasked pinny with the current line up ! Am i wrong...

but Stern wont be doing a Kiss pinny from what i was told...tried n failed repeatedly and have given up..So we will have to make do with Avengers...

send me a PM Nino about KISS ands educate me if I am off the mark )P.S - i still like KISS - their old stuff and still think Paul Stanley is very very talented....

Back on topic..

Avengers - cant wait to see the HULK LE !
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:28:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »
Everyone would like the originals back but that wont happen but if stern make a kiss pinball they'd out sell AC/DC for sure and I'd drop a deposit on an LE Straight away. Gary has spoken to kiss several times but as usual Gene wants to much.

Peter

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2012, 01:42:17 AM »
I think the ludicrous prices of the current KISS pinball machine show that people will lap up another KISS pinball machine. KISS fans will buy anything KISS related and the pinball machine would be the holy grail of their collection. As for the make-up, you wouldn't see the members on any product without make-up these days? They haven't gone sans make-up since around 1995?

I bought AC/DC for the uniqueness of a pinball machine with twelve full music tracks from a band that I wasn't originally a huge fan of, but knew and liked all the songs. Being a great game was a bonus. I think the same would be for KISS. I'd buy it regardless of who the band members were under the make-up as long as it had all the songs and the imagery that comes with the band.

Going by Pinside though, the strong rumour for the next music themed pinball machine is Metallica. I was a big fan back in high school, but will wait to see what the machine is like if it gets released.

Back to Avengers, I check every morning to see if any photos are available yet. The count down is on to December 1?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
Statements made but not yet 100% confirmed from the pinball show this weekend that:
- the pro will leds - but no price change
- 3 flippers
- upper playfield (with WH20) referenced - not sure if a premium / le only
- HULK LE, and AVENGERS team LE

other comments were the Avengers is the last dmd as the next pin will be a lcd and the pro's won't change in price in the future but the premiums and le's will wear the cost of any price increase of the pro's.

I hope it has 3 flippers and a upper playfield like wh20, that would be cool.... can't wait for the pics!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
Not another super hero pin please lol

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »

Peter

Yep and I hope that there are many many more of them to be made.
 *)*

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
bruce confirmed yesterday that there is a hulk le and and standard le avengers also premium and pro
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
Too many models again IMO.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:53:59 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
Too many models again IMO.

Agreed... thats 3 models right? Why?

I can understand a standard model ( called PRO) and then a bling model ( premium or LE) but to have 3 is all a bit convaluted... is the Premium a limited run model thereby making it a LEP?

Its a very complicated sales and manufacture structure and is really unnecessary

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
It sounds like four models again, the same as AC/DC. I just wish they'd build two good versions and be done with it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:17:03 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
It sounds like four models again, the same as AC/DC. I just wish they'd build two good versions and be done with it.

Agreed! Maybe LE and premium?

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

Peter

Yep and I hope that there are many many more of them to be made.
 *)*

hey cow, youve been in your job for a while now, are all cashed up ready to buy this one?
long over due celebration pin for getting the job what better excuse is there? lol

*%*
First celebration of being on the gravy train was X-men. I had saved up for the pro in just under 4 months, I have been saving again since that purchase.
Avengers LE or pemium is next if it is the goods and plays well/ meets my expectations but I am also chasing older b/w titles like cftbl and wh20 as well.
I Love my job!!!!!