Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22854 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:53:17 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Not another super hero pin please lol

Peter

Yep and I hope that there are many many more of them to be made.
 *)*

hey cow, youve been in your job for a while now, are all cashed up ready to buy this one?
long over due celebration pin for getting the job what better excuse is there? lol

*%*
First celebration of being on the gravy train was X-men. I had saved up for the pro in just under 4 months, I have been saving again since that purchase.
Avengers LE or pemium is next if it is the goods and plays well/ meets my expectations but I am also chasing older b/w titles like cftbl and wh20 as well.
I Love my job!!!!!

oh ok so you bought a NIB already, wasnt sure if you had or not, thought the avengers was what you were waiting for. good work

Running out of room though in my small house.....I might have to stop, or maybe put one out on site if I can.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
Not another super hero pin please lol

Peter

Yep and I hope that there are many many more of them to be made.
 *)*

hey cow, youve been in your job for a while now, are all cashed up ready to buy this one?
long over due celebration pin for getting the job what better excuse is there? lol

*%*
First celebration of being on the gravy train was X-men. I had saved up for the pro in just under 4 months, I have been saving again since that purchase.
Avengers LE or pemium is next if it is the goods and plays well/ meets my expectations but I am also chasing older b/w titles like cftbl and wh20 as well.
I Love my job!!!!!

oh ok so you bought a NIB already, wasnt sure if you had or not, thought the avengers was what you were waiting for. good work

Running out of room though in my small house.....I might have to stop, or maybe put one out on site if I can.

Always room for another super heroes pin :-)

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

[/quote]

Always room for another super heroes pin :-)

Peter
[/quote]

I am a sucker for superhero pins, you got me.
I would love a Aquaman pinball by JJP......

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
The Avengers sequel has been slotted for a May 2015 release with Josh Whedon to return as writter/ director and the original cast reprising their roles. Whedon is also working with Marvel on a tv series, although it is not clear if this will be the Avengers or not.
To keep Marvel and superhero fans in the groove before the Avengers sequel hits screens there will be Ironnman 3 ( May 2013) Thor The Dark World ( Nov 2013) Captain America The Winter Soldier (April 2014) and another Marvel superhero team Gaurdians of the Galaxy ( Aug 2014).
Along with the next Star Wars film that will hit screens in 2014, the next few years promises to be a feast of good fun popcorn films.
 $#$

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
Rumours are that the new game may have the Sam 2.0 system a Bus System with node boards reducing wiring - which The Pin is using and the next batch of AC/DC Premiums will be manufactured with. A good thing about these boards is that it can run a lcd and also stereo sound. So the big news today in the next few hours could be The Avengers with maybe (hoping) a lcd. They may want to get the jump on JJP and launch a game with a LCD to customers before JJP ?????

Maybe the line up could be:
Pro - with DMD - basic version
Premium - with LCD - basic version
LE - with LCD - tricked version
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
Avengers photos now up on Stern's Facebook page.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
Pics I like the hulk with green DMD

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »
some more photos at Pingame Journal

http://www.pingamejournal.com/update/

looks like Hulk drop targets in front of hulk and he smashes the bridge (ramp) and it lifts up, looks cool, definitely some differences between the pro and le's - cabinet art, ramp laser cutting etc.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »
 !@#

I don't know what to think and if I like the look of it or not, first reactions were not good and I am pretty bummed out that it's another 2 flipper game from gomez.
Hulk bashes playfield and ramp breaks/rises on le only.
Wait and see a video I guess but all the talk that this will be something special......I just don't see it right now.

The news of a price hike on LE does not make me happy either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:21:40 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
!@#

I don't know what to think and if I like the look of it or not, first reactions were not good and I am pretty bummed out that it's another 2 flipper game from gomez.
Wait and see a video I guess but all the talk that this will be something special......I just don't see it right now.

Same here !
I think acdc LE have just gone up in price with that .
I would of expected more , i suppose will have to wait to see game play .

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
!@#

Same here !
I think acdc LE have just gone up in price with that .
I would of expected more , i suppose will have to wait to see game play .

I was keen to put a deposit down a LE before the pics were released, now I am not so sure.
The pro once again looks like it might be a better option but 6 ball multiball on the LE should be insane. Drop targets in front of the hulk on both models are cool.
I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much but this is a title I have really been hanging out for. I really want this to play well, my fingers are still crossed.
Will come down to gameplay and audio for me but I am a little nervous that it is custom call outs instead of quotes directly from the film, if this is true I just don't understand the logic behind it.
It needs the films theatrical score for mine as well not some custom audio job.
Buy this or a couple of nice B/W titles instead? I just don't know.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
MAN I LOVE THOSE NEW AVENGERS MACHINES ! .....Wait til u see one in person, I am betting it will blow u away...

The PRO looks amazing, the Hulk LE is ofcourse bright green and already going to be sold out as we all knew (reminds me of my bright green Godzilla pinball - if u buy a Hulk, u better like green.lol) and the other Avengers LE looks great as well, albeit a little tame colour wise with that lighter blue metal work-body armour, but like when I went n saw X Men for the first time, the machines in person look 10 times better than when u see them on the net...

This is going to be a great game dont worry about that...just cant wait to play one and see one down at AMD (another cheap plane flight down n back).lol

My first impression with the games I like buying because of bang for ya buck and overall fast paced gameplay etc, the PRO is a winner for me..I will definately buy one next year after I have my X Men Pro out of the way..the only way i wouldnt buy the Avengers Pro is if i played it and hated it, but I cant see it happening....the game looks like it is going to be very fast, with lots random balls fling with that spinning circle with the cube ontop with the 2 x rubber posts hitting the ball at high speed...and the Pro still has the HULK who smashs things by the looks of the Pro playfield above shots.....

I am excited..I reckon they look different to the X Men and other games before it....so thats excellent..I think well done Stern..

and by the way, John Borg reckons his next title (after the Gomez Avengers title) is going to be bigger n better...so bring that on as well.....and going by X Men, John Borgs next game should be great as well...whats Mr Ritchie working on ??...his next game shld be great as welll....Stern is going really well....Play them at AMD in Sydney or a local dealer or a local members house, its the best way to tell....I am surprised and happy. Nothing comes accross as being negative with these pictures so far..really like the back wall of the playfield being populated with flashers of all different colours n art for a change..that was a good move...prob more surprises once u play one I reckon...

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:01:10 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »

Certainly not the greatest looking games, but pretty much the level of artwork creativity we've come to expect from Stern.

I'll reserve judgement and won't bang on about how good or bad it is until I've actually played it - all we can judge for now is the artwork.

Hopefully it will be a player, would be good to see a top player from Stern hitting the streets with WoZ around the corner.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
AMD is getting Avengers L.E. 3rd week January,information being circulated this p.m.

for pinball t-shirts