Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22739 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
MartyJ, u were correct, I did completely change my mind about AC/DC Pro when i saw it in the flesh compared to my first ever post about the internet photos which were just plain awful..the angus head scared alot of people too, but it also seemed to be a non event when seeing the machine in person.
I did end up posting photos n videos of the AC/DC Pro machine on AP after flying to Sydney and AP was the first pinball site in Australia to see all that great stuff, so hopefully I/it made up for my initial and incorrect thoughts about the AC/DC artwork. Since owning it, the angus face hasnt bothered me and the machine is so far better than those bad initial internet photos...guilty of jumping the gun back then 100%. I said that shortly after my initial posts.

I have said since, that seeing a new Stern in person is 10 times better than the internet photos if u are unsure. Thats why I flew to AMD again for the X Men Pro machine, and it was worth it. Again, so much better in person. ** I will say that Stern could do something with its internet photos, maybe a much higher resoloution is required. Even X Men is far better in person than the site photos show. The colours are vibrant in real life, the internet photos do no do these new Stern machines justice at all, but its still a good general only guide.

Avengers will be great too i hope...so far they look good to me, but again, I bet the colours look sensational when I get to AMD again compared to the Stern site. Does anyone else think the resoloution on the Stern site is a little low compared to the highest of high definition photos ?

Is anyone here considering a Avengers machine or a X Men in 2013 ?

p.s - Pete(Gorgar), who said u cant buy a Avengers to stick next to your AC/DC LE and Tron Pro ? Your decisions so far have been spot on.  ^^^

p.s - Nino, I said later there was a difference with B/W artwork for licenced/unlicenced v Stern and added clarrification. Its all good if i made u laugh.lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:16:08 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:51:41 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
Yeah I am most 90% there on one of the formats, probably a pro and put metallic green trim on it with black mirror blades and led package and sub of course.

I will be completely SOLD once I see a gameplay video and love it.

Hulk LE is cool but a shame it did not have the Avenger team on it and the lime green on the edges of the backbox is a different green which just doesn't look right.

Unlike X-men the pro cabinet on this one is not the best art of the three a little dull but hey you play the playfield not the cabinet and either chrome or a custom colour trim will change that.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
Dont write off the PRO colours too quickly Swinksy, cause the photos are never even close to seeing one in real life as u know....I reckon the cabinet artwork on the Pro is best so far when looking for the Avengers Team shots...this is going to be dam nice..I can just feel it....gameplay just has to be ticked off now, but the Pro looks very modern and spacey with that silver/grey/unusual light colour combos...makes the other colours pop for sure.

I am SOLD on the PRO i reckon....I will just fly down to AMD as usual, or visit Timezone if they get one up here....also, the Premium ?...is it a go or not...where is the official word/photos on the supposed Premium model...that will throw a spanner in the mix as well with decisions..but time n time again, the Pro is the best bang for ya buck..If i was spending money without being budget responsible, the HULK LE would be here with the PRO, but that green is bright n looks great....but you have to draw the line, and anymore than $6600 with shaker n delivery is past what I am comfortable to spend on any pinball machine...unless the Premium blows me away x 10....bring on gameplay videos/any videos n more photos...

Stern filled in the blank space page finally.lol  %.% %.%

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx

AND the Pinball News website as well....

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avengers/index3.html
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:36:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »

Even X Men is far better in person than the site photos show. The colours are vibrant in real life, the internet photos do no do these new Stern machines justice at all, but its still a good general only guide.

I agree Cavey. X Men looks a lot better in the flesh than in pics on the web. I had a number of games on an LE a few weeks back and loved the game play. Great sounds too. If I was in the market for a NIB at the moment, this would be the one.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
I'd be happy with the Pro if I had a pot of gold, but I'd like to put blue legs and rails on it instead of buying an LE.

If Stern decide to do a KISS machine, I'll be in, but until that time, will be happy with AC/DC and Tron I think.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
Is there something infront of the hulk figure on the LE that pops up?
It sure looks like it.

I got a email from amd today and the prices for the le and pro are the same as X-men, so I was jumping the gun a bit about a price hike.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:08:03 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2012, 01:09:01 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:51:19 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »
It sure looks like it.

I got a email from amd today and the prices for the le and pro are the same as X-men, so I was jumping the gun a bit about a price hike.

drop targets im prety certain

Behind the drops, there is a section of pf that looks like it may have a something under the pf.
Unless there is drops behind drops?

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2012, 01:16:50 AM »
 <..>
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:51:05 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:57 AM »
It sure looks like it.

drop targets im prety certain

Behind the drops, there is a section of pf that looks like it may have a something under the pf.
Unless there is drops behind drops?

oh i see, it looks like where the hulk smashes, i guess its to look like the play field is breaking

oh btw, what is with the cube that is on both the transformers home pin and this game?
the transformers home pin looks like a very simular layout  to this game

Yeah that could be it, just an effect maybe....I was hoping maybe loki would pop up and hulk would smash him silly, that would be cool.
The cube on this game is the tesseract, a source of power that can open dimensions, first seen in capt america and again in the avengers.
The cube on Tf is the all spark, from the tf movies.
Layouts do look simmilar, that doesn't worry me as I actually like the pf look of "the pin"...it looks like a better player tha tf.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:54:41 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2012, 01:35:38 AM »
Unsure of the feature, spin the cube.....like totan lamp and light up the letters....don't know what else it does other than that.

Went to work after viewng the pics this morning and have come home to suss them out again.
The more I look at the pf the more it is starting to intrigue me with the shots, there is a fair bit going on and it could be pretty frenetic with good flow.
I will more than likely grab one as long as the gameplay is solid and it doesn't have shithouse audio.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2012, 01:38:37 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:50:38 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »
if it spins and you have to get the ball into it for magna lock that would make sense, other wise i cant see much reason for it.

Under the tesseract written on the pf it says spin to unlock the power of the tessearct or something like that, it looks like there might be a magnet under there as well?
It may have some sort of hidden power as the pf writting suggests or it may just do the same thing as the lamp on totan.
 !@#

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:58:38 AM by Cow Corner »