Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22660 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »
What's so wrong having a change? I've had pinballs for 33 years got a playball for my 13th since then I've always had a pinball or pinballs in my house or dads house lol, I've had all types EM SS lots of the 90's great games TOM CFTBL WH20 and lots lots more but lately I found myself enjoying stern games and its not always theme but it does help, I enjoy the flow and smoothness and with acdc it feels better not clunky like the earlier ones. I will have my new Tron next week and that's not really about theme it's the feel and rules, I also love the B/W games and always will but at this point I have two sterns and am happy but I like playing not fixing or restoring for me pinball is about playing.

Peter

P:s pinballs fun so keep personal insults to yourself :-) AP is a great forum keep it that way.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »
U make a few interesting n correct points Nino.  
I M O, the Stern fanboy club is no different to the B/W fanboy club versus the other Manufacturers fanboy club, versus the SS or EM fanclub etc...we all have our favourites...and we all believe our favourites are the best. We all have passion for our team so to speak...and sometimes, if you barrack hard for say the Stern team, some think u are barracking hard against the other team automatically, which isnt true..a vote for one doesnt mean a vote against the others (although sometimes its true too.lol)

Stern will cater to Stern fans...which I believe are growing...look at how many BNIB Stern owners are on AP in the last 2 or so years...lots compared to before...it doesnt matter if u love or dislike Stern, it just matters that people dont get upset with you if you dont back the same team...I am a huge Stern convert now...wont be going back...and I do even send Stern criticism letters from time to time because I am balanced enough to pick on them for things i see as bad, as well as praise them for the good.

Its human nature for people to group themselves with people who think the same...Mainstream is pinball owners...I dont think its a good or bad look to be a Stern or anything fan...just be a pinball fan...and a bit of fun n healthy competition never hurt anyone....everyone needs to remember that just because someone disagrees with a view, its not personal. Lets keep the place both passionate n fun

mate..... you need to read your own posts. This sounds like a personal note to pull back a bit on the Stern cant do anything wrong attitude and if its a pinball from them, ill love it no matter what.

Saying something like " i trust them on gameplay enough to buy this without playing it" is a fools statement. I wouldnt trust anyone with that much cash even if i did think the sun shone from the back end of them.

Mate.. noone is bagging Stern cos its fun... we ALL want them to pull something out of the hat and continue pinball, but if they dont do it then we cant give them, the praise we would like to can we?

AVENGERS is a great theme... HULK title looks really cool.. love the look of this green gem. But the PF art is so very so ..so and the audio... well.. that is a real mistake.

So in summary, and without undue criticism.. we have a GREAT theme that hasnt ( so far) appeared to have been executed well..

.. and that my old pal is Stern all over

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2012, 09:12:20 PM »
a pinsider (Gexchange) who is a Stern distributor has played the game and posted this comment and info.

I have played the Avengers Pro, So if you have questions let me know.. I'm trying to follow this thread but as you can all guess Ive been super busy taking orders as well. If you have a question and I haven't answered if feel free to PM it to me and I will try and answer it.

One Question I have gotten over and over again is what does the lifted play field area in front of Hulk do.. That is pressure plate for the switch for Hulk, it activates the Magnet, and hulks movements and sounds. I'm guessing as well but I don't know that it will probably activate the shaker motor as well.

The Hulk machine is very much geared towards Hulk because Hulk is a very large part of the Avengers movie. The Normal Avengers LE has the Most beautiful mirrored back glass I have ever seen in my career.. Not that the hulk on is bad but the Avengers LE is Breath taking.

Anyone who wants to question my motives behind my postings.. I will say this. I've put my money where my mouth is by taking the largest order of any distributorship in the Nation. I believe this game is a winner.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »
another comment from Gexchange

Can't Remember if I posted this or just sent it to my Email list.. But here it is incase I didnt.

So as many of you know I spent Wednesday Visiting Stern to See Avengers and Avengers LE. I spent well over an hour talking To Mr. Gomez about his game, and had the pleasure of him giving me a walk through of the game. I also spent about an hour playing the pro version of the game, let me talk about some of the high lights. First let's start with the Hulk Character, he is perfectly sized for his placement and isn't blocking the view of anything. This Character interacts with the player both in movement of its self and the Ball. Furthermore the Hulk talks to the player and the game in the different call outs. This game features Pinball themed Call outs done by voice actors custom for Stern. These are not simply just rips from the movie, its pinball based call-outs in Avengers voices!!! I will get your two such call outs, First is by Ironman "Jarvis divert all available power to the flippers" the second is The Hulk "When Hulk Get Points?" These are just a couple that I remember off the top of my head, there were many more that I don't remember the exact phrase including one by hulk asking what happened to the metal ball?.

Back Glasses on the LE's look great, the Avengers LE (blue trim's) back glass was one of the greatest back glasses that I have EVER seen in my time in this business. The Trim work on both is powder coated Blue for Avengers LE, and Green for Hulk LE. Both have a Sparkly Candy Finish to them that looks GREAT!
The hulk machine really screams Hulk, and Features a Green DMD!

In the LE the Hulk picks up and Throws over his head one of the areas of the ramp making a super cool effect. Hulk Smash!!!   Hulks 6 ball multi ball in the LE is sure to be a pleaser. The pro gets a 4 ball multi ball.

there is a great picture of the lovely Scarlett Johansson in the play-field in her tight body suit looking quick good, that kinda reminded me of the good old days of pinball if you know what I mean.

Over all the software felt very nice while playing the pro, flipper power, coil power and such all felt very dialed in. LE's are equipped with a shaker motor which I'm told is awesome with the Hulk interaction but we were unable to try a machine equipped with a shaker.

This sums up my general thoughts and review of the new Avengers pinball!

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »
"on Pingame Journal's Avengers update page with respect to the general illumination on Avengers:

"There are three strings of lights: RED, GREEN and BLUE that will be used to create a different specific color of playfield lighting depending on which of the Avengers are being played."

Looks like they will be using a system similar to Xmen's lighting just replacing white with green."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
some stuff from pingame journal

- a design model of Gomez
- the 3 cabinets
- the options

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
Wow those comments make me want one! Are all LE Hulks sold? bugger I have the same feeling when AC/DC LE came out and my favs are the 6 Ball MB the hulk throwing the ramp and the MB lock and the general look of the game I just hope the play is smooth and not to slow dam you Stern your making it very hard ^^^

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
I think that Stern would be better making a video to show off the game features
Still pictures seem to leave every one confused

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »
I think that Stern would be better making a video to show off the game features
Still pictures seem to leave every one confused

Agree hopefully not to far off.

Peter ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »

Thread tidied up. Keep the thread "on topic".

A word of warning - any more personal insults will lead to early Christmas Holidays.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
The fellow from the USA has done well to visit the factory n play the game.

I knew it was a winner the moment i saw all the media pictures. Go Avengers. The sales orders should go thru the roof the moment the first gameplay videos come out.

Well done Stern.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Just to be crystal clear... the audio is the actors voices but with lines that marry the pin.. not just movie grabs?

If thats the case then audio comments can be scrubbed

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »
I think it will be cool with custom voice call outs and sure they will add some humour like what was in the movie.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2012, 11:59:59 PM »

I knew it was a winner the moment i saw all the media pictures. Go Avengers. The sales orders should go thru the roof the moment the first gameplay videos come out.

Well done Stern.

Looks like you have had a big change of heart after bagging the movie.
 #@#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2012, 01:52:28 AM »

Well done Stern.

He's a Stern distributor more than likely invited by Stern to give a glowing review as part of their marketing strategy.

Give me someone who doesn't have a pecuniary interest in the success of the machine and I'll give it some credibility (swinks to his credit mentioned at the start the guy was a Stern distributor.  *%*)

Otherwise the "first hand account" has all the sincerity of a Demtel ad.

We have also seen what happens when independent parties post opinions contrary to the hype machine on Sterns facbook page (as OliviaJason found out the hard way).

Sterns focus seems to be more about controlling perception rather than facing reality.

Just to add, Stern should be paying more attention to and addressing the criticisms of the Olivia Jason's of this world (a small business owner with regular to high volume through traffic that doesn't rely solely on pinball machines for income) in order to convince them to buy and site their machines, rather than preaching to the Stern faithful to build an in house shrine of Stern pins where they will not be seen or played by 99% of the general public.

I've said it before, there is all the potential for growth in the first scenario and nothing but a dead end road (10 years at most) in the second.