Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22629 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2012, 07:06:08 AM »
The fellow from the USA has done well to visit the factory n play the game.

Well done Stern.

He's a Stern distributor more than likely invited by Stern to give a glowing review as part of their marketing strategy.

Give me someone who doesn't have a pecuniary interest in the success of the machine and I'll give it some credibility (swinks to his credit mentioned at the start the guy was a Stern distributor.  *%*)

Otherwise the "first hand account" has all the sincerity of a Demtel ad.

We have also seen what happens when independent parties post opinions contrary to the hype machine on Sterns facbook page (as OliviaJason found out the hard way).

Sterns focus seems to be more about controlling perception rather than facing reality.

Just to add, Stern should be paying more attention to and addressing the criticisms of the Olivia Jason's of this world (a small business owner with regular to high volume through traffic that doesn't rely solely on pinball machines for income) in order to convince them to buy and site their machines, rather than preaching to the Stern faithful to build an in house shrine of Stern pins where they will not be seen or played by 99% of the general public.

I've said it before, there is all the potential for growth in the first scenario and nothing but a dead end road (10 years at most) in the second.

Well said Pinsanity!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
The fellow from the USA has done well to visit the factory n play the game.

I knew it was a winner the moment i saw all the media pictures. Go Avengers. The sales orders should go thru the roof the moment the first gameplay videos come out.

Well done Stern.

Looks like you have had a big change of heart after bagging the movie.
 #@#

Daz, the media pictures I mentioned are the Stern media pictures of the Avengers Pinball machines we all just got to see.
I didnt like the movie that much (I didnt hate it either) it had too much of Iron Man saving the day. But I love the Pinball and the movie wont stop me from buying the pinball at all...

And ofcourse, re someone else mentioning the guy being a Stern agent who was lucky to be able to visit the factory and see the machines so early, it was clearly evident he was a Stern agent from his posts IMO. The Stern agent gave the product a good review. He is a Stern Dealer....last time I checked thats what Stern Dealers did, they sold Stern Pinball machines...and thats usually hard to do if u bag your own product...His job as a Stern dealer is to promote his product by saying positive things...Its our job as Stern buyers (if u like modern day Stern pinballs) to drive down, play one and see if the dealers deskriptions were correct.

Generally, I thought the idea of these threads, lets say (Avengers 2012) is for people who are interested in say Avengers, to talk about the Avengers machines, about the actual Avengers product. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to keep quoting every post i post and write negative things about it.
I wrote "The fellow from the USA has done well to visit the factory n play the game. Well done Stern." and I get quoted, a whole page gets written about it...wow. What is it, the spanish inquisition about COT posts repeatedly. Seriously. Lets focus on the reason for the thread, Avengers 2012, not personalities.

Perhaps someone who wants to talk about anything and everything negative Stern except Avengers Pinball machine 2012, should open another thread.
That would be a great idea, then this thread wouldnt be cluttered with stuff which has nothing to do with the Avengers Pinball product. Keeps the place sooo much more positive, then these threads dont turn into Anti Stern people posting against Pro Stern peoples thoughts n posts like the example i just highlighted, and it actually stays about the Avengers Pinball Product.

It will be nice to see the last piece of the Avengers puzzle,, the Premium model...if anyone sees anything, post away...It will be great to see the last model which apparently is going to be red ?  ^^^
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:51:14 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
Whole thread has been about Avengers and its manufacturer..Stern.. except this and your post which are now posts about posts!

Ok... i get it now..  only those with POSITIVE comments about Avengers are allowed to post?

We are NOT to discuss Stern?
we are NOT to discuss the artwork unless we feel its outstanding..etc etc etc ?

..Did you end up finding out what the STERN fans didnt like about the machine??...I am genuinely interested on what the Stern fraternity feel is not so positive about the game... it may well marry with what has been said on here before.. you could then label the points as constructive criticism, which oddly enough would be positive

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:19 AM »
Perhaps u should reread my last post again. Never said anything about being allowed or not allowed or any of that other stuff...mate, not even worth discussing anymore...I am only talking about the Avengers product herein..

and to answer your question...the Stern fans only complaint i have recieved so far, was that there is no info on the Premium, or no video, or downloadable brochures yet..but it has only been 48 hrs since media release so that may be normal...

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Perhaps u should reread my last post again. Never said anything about being allowed or not allowed or any of that other stuff...mate, not even worth discussing anymore...I am only talking about the Avengers product herein..

and to answer your question...the Stern fans only complaint i have recieved so far, was that there is no info on the Premium, or no video, or downloadable brochures yet..but it has only been 48 hrs since media release so that may be normal...

Yeh i read it.. its where you admit that the review you posted about to promote this machine actually counts for squat as the guy will talk it up no matter what... quite right.. not worth discussing anymore

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Can't wait to see how hulks picks up the ramp then shakes it then puts it back, am I right is that what happens now that's a new very cool feature. Also like the drops as I do on mine now waiting for a video of this game.

Peter

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Whole thread has been about Avengers and its manufacturer..Stern.. except this and your post which are now posts about posts!

Ok... i get it now..  only those with POSITIVE comments about Avengers are allowed to post?

We are NOT to discuss Stern?
we are NOT to discuss the artwork unless we feel its outstanding..etc etc etc ?

..Did you end up finding out what the STERN fans didnt like about the machine??...I am genuinely interested on what the Stern fraternity feel is not so positive about the game... it may well marry with what has been said on here before.. you could then label the points as constructive criticism, which oddly enough would be positive

Sit UoBoo Sit  ..... good guard dog..... grrrrrrrrrr
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
I have placed a order but will be looking for a refund if the gameplay video and audio are crap and don't meet my expectations.
Going out on a bit of limb here without playing one, this has me a little nervous but I love the theme.
Hope I don't have to wait over a year for code updates to be completed but I am sure this will happen as well.
Cmon JJP, build a super hero pin and take the monopoly away from Stern!

Where is the shield hellicarrier?
That would have made an excellent upper pf!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:59:42 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
I have placed a order but will be looking for a refund if the gameplay video and audio are crap and don't meet my expectations.
Going out on a bit of limb here without playing one, this has me a little nervous but I love the theme.
Hope I don't have to wait over a year for code updates to be completed but I am sure this will happen as well.

Well done congrats did you order the pro?

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »

Well done congrats did you order the pro?

Peter

Nope.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
Stern site has new pics as does the facebook page.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:04:23 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
Standard LE for me. The dedicated hulk cab and backglass is too much, it needs the rest of the team on there somewhere, even my kids said that.
Apparently there are only 13 of each LE models comming to Aus.

This will be my last pinball purchase for awhile.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:00:03 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »
Can't wait to see how hulks picks up the ramp then shakes it then puts it back, am I right is that what happens now that's a new very cool feature. Also like the drops as I do on mine now waiting for a video of this game.

Peter

Yeah i am also looking forward to that, will be interesting to see if he actually grabs it, the arms follow the movement or the ramp just moves up and down.

Standard LE for me. The dedicated hulk cab and backglass is too much, it needs the rest of the team on there somewhere, even my kids said that.

Good call, not a fan of the Hulk version. Too much green, I will be interested to see the premium as well. I just hope it is not what the rumours are saying and that the premium will only be done IF the LE's sell out. Will have to wait and see.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
If you want to see what the Hulk has shaking above his head, it appears that the metal ramp in fron to the hulk actually seperates into half and moves backwards on a arc and stands above the Hulks head. It can be clearly seen by stufying the photos in the following link.

http://www.pingamejournal.com/update/

Thats why they have made the main ramp from metal, because it needs to seperate, go backwards on a arc motion and move backwards n forwards above the Hulks head. Quite alot of thinking must have gone into this. A smart feature. A plastic normal ramp would never have been rigid enough.

LE photos below of ramp moving backwards over Hulks head. (if the photos are small, maybe click on them to enlarge).

Also, on Pro model, balls lock and stay on back left ramp with the lock lights n plastic indicator set, but with the LE, balls lock on the right ramp and the lock indicator plastic has been moved down to the right middle. Unlike the last 2 x titles from Stern, this Avengers title actually has vast differences between Pro model and the LE model, as opposed to the very subtle differences mechanically on the last few titles.

With the LE having a different headbox as well, I expect Le models will get further n further apart from the Pro models over the next few titles...as long as this doesnt turn into price hikes, its good news for Stern buyers of LE models.
It begs the question, will the Premium model feature from now on, on all models, or just some models...and again, will the pricing be attractive for those that wanted a LE model, but missed out...yes, u will get the same playfield perhaps, but how much of a $ difference will it be between the Pro and the Premium...interesting to see which models get LCD with Stern and which wont..(assuming Pro wont to save $ for operators)...and the size of the LCD...will it just replace the dotmatrix or be bigger n positioned differently...lots of good stuff for Stern fans to look forward to..

Whats the next Stern title....will it have LCD...and what new features...fun n interesting times ahead.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:21:03 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »
I suppose it makes sense that Stern wouldn't supply details of Premiums yet until the LE's sell out as many guys would save a grand or so and get the premium. A little different but related is that AMD still have LE Wolverine's and Magneto's so if they got LE Avengers in and then Premiums more focus maybe on the Prem's.

But based on the specs the Premium is going to have a Red Apron so that suggests Red trim.

Still I think apart from the mirror effect that you can't really tell with the issued photos so far the Pro translate has the best art, personal thing.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts