Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22538 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »
Well done  ^^^
How many Hulks is Bruce bring in ?

Apparently 16 LE models in total, 8 x HULK n 8 x Blue LE. He may get a little less, he may get offered slightly more as time passes.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
I jumped on the Hulk bandwagon.So ugly could not resist it...kind of stands out and screams "play me"!
Placed my deposit with AMD this arvo. Bruce said it should be in 3rd week of Jan 2013.

Congratulations mate. Good positive stuff ! Nice people at AMD too. Thanks for sharing the great news.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
I jumped on the Hulk bandwagon.So ugly could not resist it...kind of stands out and screams "play me"!
Placed my deposit with AMD this arvo. Bruce said it should be in 3rd week of Jan 2013.

Congratulations mate. Good positive stuff ! Nice people at AMD too. Thanks for sharing the great news.  ^^^

All my dealings with Bruce have been A1, he is a top operator.If he ever gets out of the amusements business he could teach some younger business managers and operators how to deal with people.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
Gotta admit.. if i was going for one of these then it would be HULK for sure... no missing that machine in your line up

Agreed I'd love a hulk LE great looking machine.

Peter

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »
Well done  ^^^
How many Hulks is Bruce bring in ?

Apparently 16 LE models in total, 8 x HULK n 8 x Blue LE. He may get a little less, he may get offered slightly more as time passes.

Is that it!?

I think Stern have underestimated the demand for these machines in Australia if that is all they have allocated.
Bit of a slap in the face if you ask me.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
Stern export to 30 countries, not many to go around with only 250 LE models each, or 300 max if they do it that way.
I personally reckon they shld do a 500 run of each, do the first 250 each, and if sales are high, start again into the next 250 etc...

USA demand is huge for the LE, probably lucky Australia even got that many....we need LE production to be higher...
Personally, I dont see any benefit in limiting LE production at all...make them til people stop asking for them....its not going to affect 2nd hand prices, cause people always want 90 percent back on what they paid for a LE anyway if its in quality condition....

Call it 1000 LE model, if they get to 870 and no one buys anymore at all, its still a up to 1000 x LE model on paper. But Stern sells 870 units til the market wants no more...and stop production at 870.....who is going to know if they built 870 or 1000...but u cant do it the other way n say 300 only, then do another 200, people get pissed off...best to cover demand by saying they can build more from the start to cover themselves, then people dont get unhappy when they want a LE n miss out...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:10:36 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
I agree with you on the numbers of LE's.
If the demand is high then make more, however it is supposed to be a limited edition so you have to have a limit. 500 is good I reckon.
The LE's, Premium's and Pro production is a great business model as it caters to everyone but I would think since the Hulk LE's sold out in minutes that Stern would rethink the amounts produced.
Just doing themselves out of the coin I think?!
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
I did not ask him about numbers and he was not aware of which of the 250 will come to Australia .
I managed to secure #10 with an additional $250 over the standard LE price.

That's the one he offered me , No 10 not bad at all  ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
It was rumoured that the Avengers will have the spotlights built into the apron so you the player can not see these anymore which is a improvement, not sure if on on LE's and Pro's
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »
The Premium should sell well like acdc has I'd say, I'll wait for that.

Peter.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »
The Premium should sell well like acdc has I'd say, I'll wait for that.

Peter.

Any potetntial bugs or issues that may arrive with early games off the line could be dealt with by then too ( fingers crossed) and there may be a code update around that time as well.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »
Better hope the Pro's sell really well, 'cause if they don't, no Premium.
Why else would they delay the production of them?

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2012, 04:33:18 AM »
The ol' Limited edition- limited to how many they can sell. *.*

Needs to be and continue to be capped at a figure publicised from the start.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »
Better hope the Pro's sell really well, 'cause if they don't, no Premium.
Why else would they delay the production of them?

I think its a decent marketing angle to make sure every single LE model gets snapped up ASAP by every Stern dealer even before production has even started n all the allotted LE games get SOLD to waiting excited buyers who have only seen the machines via photos. Its a quick 3 or 4 million dollars to Stern to cover all its costs n designs etc n licencing...then probably there is still a nice chunk of profit left over from the initial 500 sales, then the Pro and Premium make even more profits cause all the upfront model costs have been paid for easily by the 500 LE sales...Gary seems to have this down pat by now....
Thats only 250 of each model. It seems that if a Premium model gets introduced to the lineup, they seem to make less of the LE models.
I would have thought there would have easily been enough interest for Stern to do maybe 350 of each model, maybe even more.

It certainly is a way to make sure LE buyers machines stay highly priced on the 2nd hand collectors markets, cause everyone wants one so to speak, but not everyone can afford to get one straight away.
What makes it difficult is if u have just purchased a BNIB machine, its not like u can just instantly fork out for the next model, even if you really really wanted that LE that is coming out....hence the Premium meets the gap, but its not the same really as having the true LE.... maybe also, they make the LE run shorter so that the unsold previous models LE like X Men LE get snapped up as well by people who missed out on a Avengers LE...i guess the marketing dept has everything worked out for a reason if they are doing only 250 eaqch, instead of 350 each...thats why it will be good to speak to Gary Stern when he comes to Australia and ask why only 250 LE models each n not more ?...

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2012, 12:41:51 PM »
That is one thing stern definitely have done right limiting LE models reward the people who jump on board early, as long as the game is not a dog you should hold more resale value.  Just gotta hope stern never re-release a LE for a quick cash grab, that would be insulting for initial purchasers