Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22349 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
I have already got thoughts of a 3D printed model so it does not have the rivets - class it up a bit.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
After seeing video I'm glad I bought Tron of course different when playing it but Tron looks faster with more flowing shots.

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
After seeing video I'm glad I bought Tron of course different when playing it but Tron looks faster with more flowing shots.

Peter

The tron does look like a nicer game, it is one stern I think looks really neat

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #363 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
I have played all the Sterns and have a feel for how they all play. I am hoping the Avengers models will give me a positive experience within the first 5 minutes, so much so, that i just want to take it straight away.....
X Men was like that, it was a pin that I just wanted to take home within 5 minutes......hopefully Avengers plays as good as it looks.
I think it will be a winner. My gut tells me it is different enough shot wise to many models before it, and it certainly looks the goods to me.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
WOW!!! Almost 50% upfront and its NON REFUNDABLE???

Thats ridiculous.. I can see why your holding out for ANY gamplay videos.

2.5K..bloody hell

That is why I pulled out...non refundable deposit is a joke.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #365 on: December 16, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »
It looks stop start to a degree like transformers? Is this a George Gomez thing? Pretty games but not fun to play.  Just cranked Tron up for another game now that's fun.
Mr cow you pulled out of an LE?

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
I'm staying with green #10.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
the bottom of the playfield wil be very fast n wide open with -

4 x targets left side for THOR
3 x targets right side for the 3 x Agents
4 x Targets at rear for HULK
1 x fixed blue target left back
1 x ramp to shoot with X spinner
1 x shot to get up right side to pop bumpers
1 x sinkhole to shoot just infront of HULK targets
1 x Tesseract spinning cube to shoot for with its 2 x spinning rubber posts
1 x left orbit shot at left rear -takes u accross from L back corner to  pop bumpers- or it drops into Hulk area first - depends on gate
1 x straight shot to hit HULK when tagets are down
1 x shot to L and R of HULK when targets are down

plus others probably that I havent worked out yet......all shots seem to have alot of rebound capabilities which means not much stop n start, which should add up to alot of flow.....

One play and we will know 4 sure.......Stern says not just one designer gets every say on every title, but the whole team comes in at the end and tweaks everything on the whitewood before proiduction starts.......bottom 2 thirds of playfield is wide open, looks like it will play very fast, totally different to most before it....

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Still too early to really tell but i am with Pete on this one, glad i bought my Tron. (like anyone was unsure about that  :lol ) Although Avengers was never really on the cards for me.

Looks like there is not many shots? Hulk and the Tessaract take up so much space! I also think they should have had another toy to make this more of an 'Avengers' machine. Looks like a hulk pin with few others chucked in.

I will hold proper judgement until i play one though. Mind you i have not played an X-men yet let alone an Avengers!

In saying that i do like that they have tried a very unconventional layout. It may not be for me but i am sure it will be for many.  *%*

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
It looks stop start to a degree like transformers? Is this a George Gomez thing? Pretty games but not fun to play.  Just cranked Tron up for another game now that's fun.
Mr cow you pulled out of an LE?

Peter

Yeah, I was ready to pull the trigger on Avengers blue LE until I heard about the deposit being non refundable, that is just piss poor.
I will wait and see how it pans it with the pro's and premiums, good chance there will be some avenger blue le floating around in the new year as well.....no rush.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #370 on: December 16, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
Its only non-refundable because he has 8 or 10 Blue LE pins avail, and 25 buyers...if he takes deposits from everyone, then they all change their minds, and the rest of the original people who have enquired buy a Pro, or even move to a X Men, then he has a batch of pins he has to pay for in full and then start all over again marketing them......the non refund deposit bit moves sideways the people who arent 100 percent sure, leaving the machine avail to those who are happy to take the LE unseen, and unplayed, which to date, is already apx 16 to 20 buyers already cause the LE titles are all SOLD ofcourse....

Its a hard one, but AMD has to get rock solid numbers before he forks out a few hundred grand to bring over a container full of Pros, LE and Premium models.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #371 on: December 16, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
Its only non-refundable because he has 8 or 10 Blue LE pins avail, and 25 buyers...if he takes deposits from everyone, then they all change their minds, and the rest of the original people who have enquired buy a Pro, or even move to a X Men, then he has a batch of pins he has to pay for in full and then start all over again marketing them......the non refund deposit bit moves sideways the people who arent 100 percent sure, leaving the machine avail to those who are happy to take the LE unseen, and unplayed, which to date, is already apx 16 to 20 buyers already cause the LE titles are all SOLD ofcourse....

Its a hard one, but AMD has to get rock solid numbers before he forks out a few hundred grand to bring over a container full of Pros, LE and Premium models.

How can you be 100% sure without playing the game going on some pic? I aksed this very question and was told it is a gamble but it will be a great game, don't worry....lol..It could very well be a insane game but that is just BS!
Thats a cop out from amd as far as I am concerned if that is the rationale and just like X there will be Avengers LE models for sale in the new yr.. well maybe not the hulk version.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #372 on: December 16, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »
Apparently all LE models are sold...but still worth checking incase something becomes available.....what else can AMD do ?...........its not like u cant put ya money down on a LE, and if ya dont like it, move ya money accross to a Pro or a Premium model...as long as AMD retains a sale, ya money is still safe being spent on a STERN machine.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #373 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »
I'm not bagging avengers I'm just saying its not my style of game I like fast free flowing games not stop start games that's all, other like what I don't like that's cool now its a great looking game like transformers but game play not for me.

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #374 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:13 PM »
Looks interesting to me , lights look great and it does have a different game flow , really have to play it .
Xmen I like , I think its under rated .
Tron I played and played and I can't get into it .