Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22364 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
and it does have a different game flow

Exactly what I am looking for. I love fast pinball but I also need some variety of play. This machine will perfectly add that element.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »
I'm not bagging avengers I'm just saying its not my style of game I like fast free flowing games not stop start games that's all, other like what I don't like that's cool now its a great looking game like transformers but game play not for me.

Peter

I am still looking forward to playing it but I am pretty disapointed in this game from what we have seen and heard so far.
Looks like gomez has done it again!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »
I wrote George a personal email last night saying some good things and then a question or 2. What I got back was disappointing from my perspective, just straight to the point answering a single question and no conversation or comment of interest - totally lacks professionalism in my opinion. My question was "would the pro's have a Captain America change in the way of placement of the inserts as the LE is placed well and the pro has them too far up".

"Hi Jady,
Unfortunately the inserts will remain as you saw them. I realized the same also when I saw the full whitewood some time ago. I managed to change it in time for the LE's but it was too late to change the Pro because of our lead times on material.

Sent from my iPhone"
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #378 on: December 17, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
Swinksy, I am not sure what u mean about the inserts with captain america being a bit high but I will have a look n see what u mean and compare both the Pro and LE playfields...got me interested.....I can only assume George Gomez is very busy and answered your email quickly because of it...dont let that put you off Avengers, its still going to be a cracker of a game IMO.

Its early days, one play (or a dozen plays) of this title and we will know how much fun it is...so far the LE looks great on the video.....I havent seen anything to make me think George Gomez has stuffed anything up as yet....The HULK moving, the moving bridge, the both models having drop targets for Hulk, and a number of other small things make me think he has done a great job so far....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MPE

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Re: Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Apparently all LE models are sold...but still worth checking incase something becomes available.....what else can AMD do ?...........its not like u cant put ya money down on a LE, and if ya dont like it, move ya money accross to a Pro or a Premium model...as long as AMD retains a sale, ya money is still safe being spent on a STERN machine.

Maybe they could have taken refundable deposits on a 1st come basis... if they have say 10 machines and 20 on the list then it's just a case of moving down the list once the game has landed and the people have a chance to see it in person.
Resistance is futile

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »
Swinksy, I am not sure what u mean about the inserts with captain america being a bit high but I will have a look n see what u mean and compare both the Pro and LE playfields...got me interested.....I can only assume George Gomez is very busy and answered your email quickly because of it...dont let that put you off Avengers, its still going to be a cracker of a game IMO.

Its early days, one play (or a dozen plays) of this title and we will know how much fun it is...so far the LE looks great on the video.....I havent seen anything to make me think George Gomez has stuffed anything up as yet....The HULK moving, the moving bridge, the both models having drop targets for Hulk, and a number of other small things make me think he has done a great job so far....

I am not put off by it and understand if that is the case just disappointing the short answer and not appreciation for the good stuff mentioned - in the end we are all potential customers but appreciate his honesty I suppose on the flip side.

Check out my post here of the play field the top left of the mid playfield view. Hard to gauge but reckon that at least 2 inserts will be under the ramp / diverter so a bit useless there.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8925.30

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »
Is that the right link swinks ?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
in this thread - post #340 and this cad image shows it as well

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:49:51 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »

I am not put off by it and understand if that is the case just disappointing the short answer and not appreciation for the good stuff mentioned - in the end we are all potential customers but appreciate his honesty I suppose on the flip side.

Check out my post here of the play field the top left of the mid playfield view. Hard to gauge but reckon that at least 2 inserts will be under the ramp / diverter so a bit useless there.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8925.30

It's a pretty good screw up on the PRO model , that's for sure .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
OK, found it...definate stuff up for sure....its only when u see the captain america inserts on the LE, do u realise they made a big boo boo with the Pro playfield inserts....how the hell could u miss that....? !@#  From a players point of view, u will probably still see 3 of them easily...hard to say..

also, it soundslike someone answered the letter for George Gomez Swinksy, because the response was "realised the same when I saw the full whitewood"..........thats a unusual thing to say if u are the game designer....saw the whitewood....as a game designer u dont see the whitewood, u make the whitewood, u invent n create the whole thing....saying when i saw the full whitewood sounds like something that someone else would say....but not the game designer...

maybe George is away or busy, but sounds like someone answered for him.....?  

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
Once again, the " finish" is just not there for Stern.. disappointing as i was beginning to think that maybe they have lifted the game so to speak and attention to detail is an important part of the design/ manufacture process.
Cavey.. the designer ( Gomez) designs the game.. the whitewood is manufactured for them to test run/ finalise the design.. its the proto prototype so to speak. Gomez wouldnt " build" this, it would be done for him to the designated specs.
Reading the reply to Swinks.. whitewood was just a step process and the idea that it is there to iron out any design faults went out the window with this game.

On ya Stern... ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
Stern keeps giving the "stern haters"so much ammunition lol

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
John Borg always builds his own whitewoods from start to stop, hence i thought Gomez would be building his own as well......maybe thats where the stuff up occurred....and why X Men Pro for example is just such a great playfield which is really thought out well with lots of great shots plus a well placed 3rd flipper....Steve Ritchie built his own AC/DC whitewoods as well, u can see that in one of his videos and he talks about it etc....

maybe George Gomez didnt build his own whitewood this time, and the insert placement stuff up occured, next time he definately should build his own whitewood...but even so, how could u miss that on your own CAD drawings ??......it doesnt make sense..... !@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
in this thread - post #340

I can't see what you guys mean

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
Stern keeps giving the "stern haters"so much ammunition lol

Peter

Love/Hate relationships are the best. Look at Richards/Jagger, Ford/Holden, Abbott/Costello, NSW/Qld/Melb, Stern/JJP to name a few.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,