Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22293 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
in this thread - post #340

I can't see what you guys mean

On the PRO the insert for Captain America are too high up the play field , take a look where they start on the pro compared to the LE

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #391 on: December 17, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
here are the same 2 images -
LE - on the top left are the 4 Capt. America inserts above the Loki graphic and
Pro - on the top left you can only see 1 of the 5 inserts (but in the gameplay video you can see at least 2) that is one of the playing features and the other two inserts plus the arrow are higher and obscured by the ramp / diverter

bad QA I reckon to let that slip through.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #392 on: December 17, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
Your tell me , someone should get their ass kicked .
They should sell off what ever they have made so far at a discounted price ,  rectify the problem and make series 2 as it should be.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #393 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
Your tell me , someone should get their ass kicked .
They should sell off what ever they have made so far at a discounted price ,  rectify the problem and make series 2 as it should be.

+10

I totally agree with you, that is just a major stuff up - sell all the pf's as wall art or Rev 1 NOS pf's but not put into a new machine when you know about it.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #394 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
got a idea to save this and put it to Gary Stern himself so interested to see his response as well as you guys as it could be a mod that I can create otherwise.

part of what I wrote to GS

"Is this a definite that this can not be corrected, I do understand it would be a lot of money to spend on new playfields which would be ideal, but can a loki ball lock style plastic be added in the top corner to aid in knowing the progress with the loki ball lock plastic relocated to the front like on the LE = a fairly cheap mod to save the feature and save some sales - maybe a round shield with the four lights lighting up with a disc style led flasher running around the outside of the disc representing the arrow saying the feature is ready and giving the effect of a spinning disc."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #395 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »
got a idea to save this and put it to Gary Stern himself so interested to see his response as well as you guys as it could be a mod that I can create otherwise.

"Is this a definite that this can not be corrected, I do understand it would be a lot of money to spend on new playfields which would be ideal, but can a loki ball lock style plastic be added in the top corner to aid in knowing the progress with the loki ball lock plastic relocated to the front like on the LE = a fairly cheap mod to save the feature and save some sales - maybe a round shield with the four lights lighting up with a disc style led flasher running around the outside of the disc representing the arrow saying the feature is ready and giving the effect of a spinning disc."

Good idea Swinks, but going on the previous Stern replies to anything other than " wow its fantastic.. how do i buy"... i cant see your proposal going down too well, although in all honesty, i hope thats not the case.
Have you tried posting this on the Facebook page???

Oh.. bugger, there i go again... sorry... couldnt help myself

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #396 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
Give it ago , can't hurt .
Did you mention about some decal on the cube ?

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #397 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »

DON'T PUT IT ON FACE BOOK , YOU'LL GET BAND

Good idea Swinks, but going on the previous Stern replies to anything other than " wow its fantastic.. how do i buy"... i cant see your proposal going down too well, although in all honesty, i hope thats not the case.
Have you tried posting this on the Facebook page???

Oh.. bugger, there i go again... sorry... couldnt help myself

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #398 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #399 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »

+1
Facebook is only for narcissistic owner operators. Any logical discussions should be conducted by other means.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #400 on: December 17, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
the video of that PRO at the pub in the USA was a bit dark....really need to see the machine in a much better lit room.....or add some miror blades....

hoping a Pro video comes out just before xmas.......

or a long wait to play one at AMD........patience...patience....patience....... ^&^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #401 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:26:22 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #402 on: December 17, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if Mr Gomez will get his arse kicked for admitting to that in an e-mail?

When does the Pro hit Australia?

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:25:51 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #404 on: December 18, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »
John Borg always builds his own whitewoods from start to stop, hence i thought Gomez would be building his own as well......maybe thats where the stuff up occurred....and why X Men Pro for example is just such a great playfield which is really thought out well with lots of great shots plus a well placed 3rd flipper....Steve Ritchie built his own AC/DC whitewoods as well, u can see that in one of his videos and he talks about it etc....

maybe George Gomez didnt build his own whitewood this time, and the insert placement stuff up occured, next time he definately should build his own whitewood...but even so, how could u miss that on your own CAD drawings ??......it doesnt make sense..... !@#

Gomez may well have put the whitewood together.. but it would have been made from his own vector files for CNC routing etc. Its not really a question of WHO put the whitewood together at all.
The point is that the whitewood is there to eliminate mistakes like this... to admit that it was noticed at whitewood stage but it was too late to do anything is astounding... whats the F is the whitewood for then?

Now bear with me here.. but repeatedly you have stated that Stern will put out X many more titles than JJP per year and thats why they will succeed, but this is a prime example of not having enough time to make a game RIGHT... the whole whitewood stage was a mockery and may as well have been eliminated if the outcome is to notice a major flaw but not act upon it.

In all honesty, im amazed Swinks got the reply he did... rule #1 of any business.. talk it up, not down