Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22195 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »
Does look abit to slow for me no firing back at the flippers just that slow rebound ball action which I'm not a fan of but having said that its a pretty game with a cool toy so I'm not writing it off just yet. One thing I will say with all this talk about spending the extra coin on a LE is I now have a pro and a LE, now I'm not sure why but the LE feels more solid and less tinny than the pro if you know what I mean there's a much stronger or solid feel.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #421 on: December 18, 2012, 05:22:28 PM »
Good feedback Pete. By the way, I am assuming u are loving your BNIB Tron V2, and are u still loving AC/DC BIBlack ?  !@# !@#

As u know, the Pro is designed to play faster with more random ball times, and more challenging to keep the ball in play....LE is designed to play a little slower, and more eye candy...i think anything that plays a little slower would feel more solid, though general build quality should be no different to the Pro (unless u miss captain america inserts   @.@ )

I think this game will be like X Men...generally recieved well, with questions galore until to u play either the Pro, Premium or LE models....

The eye candy of the Pro and LE should look amazing in person....late January cant come quick enough for my liking....then we still have the questions of what else Stern is designing for 2013 ?....what is Ritchie and Borgy working on.....wish i was a fly on the wall in at Stern...
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #422 on: December 18, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
another video of Gomez playing a game

&feature=youtu.be

http://pinballhead.com/the-avengers-videos/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:10:42 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
he was playing a green Hulk LE cause the dot matrix display was green ! (thanks for the videos Swinksy !)  ^^^

machine looks great...Leds look very nice indeed....he was hitting the middle metal ramp easily over n over again...also, he was short shooting the ball in the ball shooter lane so that it came out only a third of the way to the top end where it would normally go if u shot the whole length...must get extra points for the short plunger shot....overall he played a reasonable game...lightshow looking better each time someone plays one...

add some Leds to the Pro, and shazam, looking better already...

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #425 on: December 18, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
Good feedback Pete. By the way, I am assuming u are loving your BNIB Tron V2, and are u still loving AC/DC BIBlack ?  !@# !@#

As u know, the Pro is designed to play faster with more random ball times, and more challenging to keep the ball in play....LE is designed to play a little slower, and more eye candy...i think anything that plays a little slower would feel more solid, though general build quality should be no different to the Pro (unless u miss captain america inserts   @.@ )

I think this game will be like X Men...generally recieved well, with questions galore until to u play either the Pro, Premium or LE models....

The eye candy of the Pro and LE should look amazing in person....late January cant come quick enough for my liking....then we still have the questions of what else Stern is designing for 2013 ?....what is Ritchie and Borgy working on.....wish i was a fly on the wall in at Stern...

Yep Tron is going great maybe played 120 games and just finished today putting LEDs in so it looks great much better. That last video of George playing avengers was better it looked quicker so I'd love to play one and maybe I was abit to quick to judge :-)
Brett in regards to BIB LE I hadn't played it for 3 days and after playing it today I "fell in love again" lol it's a great game.

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #426 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
Great viddeo, can't wait to play Hulk. Shame the other LE did not have blue DMD, that would have given more LE status.
Multi ball will be a challenge, those long shots remind me of Hyperball. Lot of action and no place to hide.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »
Gomez's video release was good, with the game possibly dialled in, maybe the Gameworks Pro was the catalyst for a GG gameplay video to come out. Looks like fun and sure a few updates latter and this will be alot better - my confidence in this machine has been boosted a lot, thanks GG.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
Seeing one, touching it, playing it, listening to it cranked up and checking out all the art up close will be the absolute best way to pull the trigger and take one home.

Hopefully the insert stuff up will be fixed/playfields redone and Stern can send those stuffed up ones off to operators who wont care for a slight discounted price, but home collectors will expect the playfield to be redone....IF its a problem when standing infront of the machine only...

**I know AMD is aware of the Pro playfield having the mistakes because of the global email that went out, but we have no indication yet as to if Stern is going to fix it......I have to stand in front of the machine to see how bad the inserts are hidden, it looks like u can see 3 of the 4, but you cant see the 4th shield insert or the red triangle insert...but who knows til we stand infront of a Pro and see for ourselves....might be fine for short people.lol but no good for taller people....but it should be fixed if needed and possible....

Time will tell.  Has anyone asked Bruce what Stern is going to do about it ?....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:28:12 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
first unboxing in the states, the colours look nice especially on the hulk.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
utoplay=1&rel=0

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:25 PM »
here is a small fall review by Brock showing some promise who does the custom shooter rods.

"I gave the Pro a good 45 mins of play today.. I focused on flow mainly. I enjoyed it.. good shots. The Hulk area is a little awkward and takes some getting used to. The flow feels like it's there.. the Ironman loop especially. This game is FAST, which is great. I like my games fast and furious.   The music is very good. The callouts and voice calls are probably the flattest part of the game, IMO. As mentioned earlier, it's a comic book game with movie art. If this game had comic book art it would be hands down a much better execution of the theme than Xmen. As it is though, it's a .. strange combination.

The software.. it's pretty basic right now. It's been confirmed the game has shipped with beta software. Lyman and Lonnie are apparently hard at work on an update, I'm betting the game gets one before Christmas. Right now though, the game is a basic "shoot X target X amount of times to complete mode" kinda game. Boooooring as far as rules go. Modes are pretty much non-existent. That said, with Lyman helping I'm expecting a lot more to go on here.. and there's definitely room on for some fun modes.

The game looks great. I'm not sure what's up with Gomez's infatuation with these plastic puzzle ramps though.. but I guess that's part of what makes his games unique. I have to give kudos to the lighting on the Pro. There was a lot of thought put into the lighting on this game and it really shows. The game is littered with coloured incandescents! Excellent choice. As far as Pro games go, this is the best looking Pro I've seen yet.

I'm confident the LE is going to be the way to go on this one.. and so I've quite comfortably pulled the trigger on my Hulk LE. It's actually in stock right now.. I just wish I could afford to buy it right now.   Deposit is in and the game is locked down though.   Now to sell some games.."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
utoplay=1&rel=0

That should calm a few people down with the black widow ramp being hit 3 times in a row.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »
HULK LE being played

utoplay=1&rel=0

The 3 ramp shot in a row video before was by this guy's wife - there you go - game is looking better all the time
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:20:43 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Great...getting better every day.....waiting to see the Pro video coming out before xmas day hopefully....

Seeing all the models at AMD will make January a special month..... ^^^