Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22212 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
Brett if its got a crook playfield don't buy it .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
Brett if its got a crook playfield don't buy it .

I was going to wait a while and see if Stern fix the issue or not, but by the sounds of things, I dont think they are going to fix it/replace playfields.

I think that Stern will either make a hundred or two hundred Pro models, and they will sit at dealers showrooms n maybe not sell, cause every one calls it the Pro with the mistake playfield, or people wont care and will just buy them anyway, or Stern might fix it... !@#

You know Gary, so what do u think he will do about the playfields ANT(Tony)....cause it looks like every Aussie knows about the playfield issues,
I wonder if USA pinball collectors are also in the know about the insert mistakes as well ? and what they are saying about it ? (still cant believe George Gomez could miss that insert design issue - pretty basic stuff).......... Just going to have to play one and see if it makes a big difference....maybe the Premium and LE sales will all of a sudden jump..... for Stern its a catch 22........(but having Pro sales suffer is not good for anyone)....
....time will tell....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:47:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
Gomez didnt miss it.. it was noticed at Whitewood stage which is why they have whitewood.
They ( Gary Stern) chose not to do anything about it so the model could roll out the door complete with errors

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #438 on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
Maybe they chose not to let the boss know til it was too late..........maybe he was kept in the dark, cause he (GS)  has emailed several people at the factory asking about this new problem.........(from the Stern emails I have seen)

IF it was noticed at whitewood stage, why would you meaningly let it go....more like it wasnt noticed til the new Pro playfields started rolling in....either way, i dont understand why 25 year pinball design veterans missed something major and a bunch of pinheads half way around the world noticed it in ten minutes....only the game designer can take/should take responsibility for this stuff up....bizarre really...just bizarre...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:38:54 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #439 on: December 19, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »

Why? because I get the impression that GS doesn't give a rats about his "new" fanboi base - home owners. It wasn't very long ago (like two years ago) when he went on and on and on about how only operators were important, home owners were not his market. That showed no respect for the home owner. This probably fits in with that position, given that's where most of the games now seemed destined. Probably only grudgingly changed the market approach forced on by the investors. My guesses anyway.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #440 on: December 19, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »
Gomez didnt miss it.. it was noticed at Whitewood stage which is why they have whitewood.
They ( Gary Stern) chose not to do anything about it so the model could roll out the door complete with errors

Maybe that was the plan in order for them become true collector's items...... %$%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_Jenny

Just like the run of ACDC Premiums with the cloudy clearcoat window.  !*!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #441 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:24:22 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »

IF it was noticed at whitewood stage, why would you meaningly let it go....more like it wasnt noticed til the new Pro playfields started rolling in....either way, i dont understand why 25 year pinball design veterans missed something major and a bunch of pinheads half way around the world noticed it in ten minutes....only the game designer can take/should take responsibility for 

Did you read the email Cavey??/ Or have you glossed the memory over it in a desire to see no faults with the holy Stern?

Email has been removed by the look of it.. probably for legal reasons.
Gut it was from Mr Gomez himself and it did clearly state that the problem was noticed at WW stage by Gomez himself but it was by then TOO LATE to halt production on that model.

This brings up various quality control issues:
WW stage is a joke as its clearly done as a matter of course rather than a matter with objective.. IE FAULT FIND... this is the whole and complete and no other reason for whitewood.. its to FAULT FIND.
OK.. procedure so far has worked.. fault is identified.
A decision then is made NOT to act upon it.

G.Stern is a wise man.. we have heard it plenty enough... a very clever business man etc etc etc.
No doubt he is head of Stern...It is HE who makes all decisions.. its is HE who has the buck stop at his feet.
Gomez designed... went to whitewood.. identified fault... Gome's job here is as it should be.. cant blame him.

But it is too late to stop production... this clearly shows the game was to be made to a strict time frame no matter what. If the game rolls out before faults can be acted on then its not the designers fault... it who calls the shots above him.

..And who would that be?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
Green Hulk DMD dots

utoplay=1&rel=0

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:28:58 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
video tour of the playfield

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #445 on: December 20, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »
I dont believe the GG email...if it was noticed at whitewood stage, you would have fixed it, then ordered playfields......more like they had already ordered playfields n playfields had already started getting made, then GG noticed it....I reckon by him saying he noticed it at whitewood stage, it makes him look only half a stuff up, versus saying he didnt even notice it at all.....

They only noticed it to my mind when the playfields were already done.....if it had of been noticed before playfields were started - ie -whitewood stage, u would have fixed it, then ordered playfields....he says he noticed it, but it was too late, yes, because playfield production was already well under way.....he probably looked at the whitewood n noticed the stuff up, correct, but 500 playfields had already been made for the Pro.....either way, a major stuff up.....and GS would rely on his design team, then he signs off on it, I dont think the man studies every inch of every playfield design.....just like the CEO of a car company signs off on a car, he signs off and trusts his design team, he cant be in all places at all times....the real story will come out sooner or later......lets see if GG is still working at Stern in 12 months time

Maybe it wont be so bad playing the Pro game, and its not a big visual deal,...... thats my hope, have to wait til January and the AMD visit....

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #446 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Real pitty stern don't take the time to get their machines right before release like JJP. Jack would definitely not put a game out with an obvious flaw like that.
Just in it for the quick bucks, not interested in any positive criticism to make their products better, better deleting comments and banning pinheads than taking anything on board.
I am a huge Metallica fan, but I definitely can't see myself buying anything that stern releases in the near future.
Very poor form, even the blind fan boi should be able to see this  @.@

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #447 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
The more people who write to Stern and ask them about the insert issue on the Avengers Pro, the better.........

Even if people ask Bruce-AMD what Stern are going to do about it, the better.....

Then Stern might change something if they feel people are holding back on purchasing a PRO, which has a flaw, or believe people will only buy a Pro if the playfield is fixed....

QUESTION - What are pinheads on the USA forums saying about the insert issue, anyone ??  !@#

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:24:02 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #449 on: December 20, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »
hence emailing them directly is the best way to give any serious feedback... I have never said Stern is perfect.....I am a Stern fan yes, but even I accept this Avengers Pro insert issue was a complete stuff up.....It still doesnt make sense to me,,,and I have emailed accordingly and asked questions....