Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 22030 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #495 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »
RE, posting of negative opinions

As has been pointed out, everybody is entitled to their opinion
I cannot force you into liking a game

But if you do not like a particular game, I am wondering why you are even reading the thread?
Any/all flaws you point out are not going to be corrected, the people who make these games are not going to read your comments

Jersey Jack has had a dedicated Woz forum. many comments and suggestions have been posted there
over the two years only one change to WoZ has been made due to comments on the forum (a JJP logo etched into the playfield glass)
Any other changes have been decided by Jack

And the rainbow plastic

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #496 on: December 23, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
Looking forward to playing one, hell i am still trying to play an X-Men...... :lol

Hope one gets sited in Melb. I agree with some of the comments here, i imagine getting the real actors would have cost a fortune so using others makes sense. Certainly better than mixing movie callouts and non genuine actors, sure in a perfect world it would have had the real actors but i see why they didn't.

Certainly is a different layout, gotta give it to them there. Looking forward to playing this for that reason.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #497 on: December 23, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
RE, posting of negative opinions

As has been pointed out, everybody is entitled to their opinion
I cannot force you into liking a game

But if you do not like a particular game, I am wondering why you are even reading the thread?
Any/all flaws you point out are not going to be corrected, the people who make these games are not going to read your comments

..snip..

That's the bottom line. This is not communist Russia. No one is forced to read a thread or post "against their will". If you don't like a particular game, then post what you want and move on. Posting negative crap for the sake of posting negative crap is just plain ignorant. We mods are not going to sift through each word of each post with an agenda. If someone feels they are personally attacked by comments, then hit the "report to moderator" button and leave it to us.

There is no need to read through 35 pages of a thread. Simply hit the "Show unread posts since last visit", pick the thread, and  then click the lastest page number and you are there.

The NEW games produced in 2011 / 2012 are fast becoming the most read and commented threads in AP's history. There will always be differences in opinion. All opinions are most welcomed.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #498 on: December 23, 2012, 02:08:05 PM »
Congrats on your 1st NIB purchase swinks, its the best feeling in the world to open the box of a brand new pinball table, the theme doesn't matter at all, its all about the experience.

Bring on 2013!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #499 on: December 23, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
Congrats on your 1st NIB purchase swinks, its the best feeling in the world to open the box of a brand new pinball table, the theme doesn't matter at all, its all about the experience.

Bring on 2013!
I'd disagree
my first NIB was Batman TDK, if i had not like the theme, I would not have spent the money

The Avengers is a great theme, and the game looks interesting
I am sure that you will get many hours of fun

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #500 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
Here is a video that George sent me because I was such a pain in the arse lol, a full 5 min 45 seconds on a Avengers Pro test game I think at Gameworks.

He was concentrating on the hulk because of my concerns - looks pretty good really and I think it is going to be a challenging game.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:29:15 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #501 on: December 23, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »

Bring on 2013!
I'd disagree
my first NIB was Batman TDK, if i had not like the theme, I would not have spent the money
Fair comment, so was the unboxing experience a shit load of FUN? or ...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #502 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
Here is a video that George sent me because I was such a pain in the arse lol, a full 5 min 45 seconds on a Avengers Pro test game I think at Gameworks.

He was concentrating on the hulk because of my concerns - looks pretty good really and I think it is going to be a challenging game.

Thanks for posting Jady it's a great video now where am I going to pull 6k from? Lol

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #503 on: December 23, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
Swinks, are you going to bring it home and unbox it yourself?

Make sure you note which is the 'trucking side'
you do not want the mini heart attack of opening the box and realise it is upside-down  %$%

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #504 on: December 23, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
Swinks, are you going to bring it home and unbox it yourself?

Make sure you note which is the 'trucking side'
you do not want the mini heart attack of opening the box and realise it is upside-down  %$%

Yes going to bring home myself as will pickup from AMD.

Thanks for the tips Pete, definitely don't want to have any heart attacks.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #505 on: December 24, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
a little more from Gambit after playing a heap of games.

"I think it is a good pin that is proving to be very fun right now. With a cool rule set, it could be great. It flows very well, but offers challenging shots. Don't pay attention to people being concerned about long shots and slow play. This game plays fast and keeps you on your toes. It is very unique. I have never played anything quite like it. I immediately think it is more fun than XM, right out of the box. I described it to a buddy as equal parts TF, LOTR and IM in speed, feel and flow. The rules are kind of vanilla right now - hit this shot 4 times to start mode, then hit it again to spell out letters in Hawkeye, Iron Man and Black Widow. Those modes need something else to be great. Captain America is completed through pop bumper hits. Hulk is the best interactive pinball toy created to date. The lack of a scoop to collect rewards is refreshing. The Widow ramp is a rewarding shot. So is the Hawkeye orbit and ramp.

The animations are very good, second only to XM. I love the callouts and think the voice work is very good. It is funny and original. There is not a single annoying or ridiculous voice on it that stands out.

The machine needs some tweaks on a few weird sightline choices, and suffers a tad from a feeling of being very busy. My Loki Light Lock target relocation helped this considerably IMO. We also need Lyman to freshen up the I'M, BW and Hawkeye modes to un-Lonnie them. But as it stands, I am enjoying the game and having fun with it quite a lot. I would happily buy it again."

To help in the perspective of things - his current line up is a Tron LE, AC/DC Premium, Medieval Madness, Lord of the Rings, Addams Family and has the Hulk Avengers LE.
The games in the past are 14 games including X-men LE, Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff Twilight, Spider-Man.

I posted his first thoughts on post 454 in this thread.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #506 on: December 24, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
For anyone unpacking a Brand New in Box Stern Pinball Machine, this Stern video link of Jody Dakenberg unpacking a BNIB  is very useful.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/instructional-series/unpacking-your-machine.aspx

IF u want to keep the original Stern box in tact, dont cut the box, simply lay the machine down on the cardboard box side which says
"Truck this side only" and slide machine out onto a blanket so the cabinet edges dont get caught or marked on a hard edged surface.
Then u stand the machine up by lifting the front coindoor end up in the air allowing the machine to sit on its rear bum (dont cut any straps at all at this stage so the headbox stays secure) then place front legs on, then lower front end to ground so front end with legs hits the ground, then lift bum of machine up onto a few milk crates placed on top of each other, or something else higher than the back legs, then put the legs on.......Simple.
Then u raise headbox only after all legs are on....

Many videos are available at Stern, by going into the Media tab on the front page, go down to videos, then go to the bottom end of the videos to see all the "How To" videos etc.  ^^^  Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:45:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #507 on: December 24, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »
Or there's my unboxing video of Tron? Who wants to see it again lol

Peter

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #508 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
Or there's my unboxing video of Tron? Who wants to see it again lol

Peter

My Tron unboxing video is still on dv tape. Will have to review it and determine if it will see the light of day on the Internet. My AC/DC video never made it on the net either.

Maybe I'll win the lottery over the Christmas break and just have money to throw around and buy an Avengers Pro? Or I'll find some wealthy old broad that has an indecent proposal. Maybe I'll just post a classified ad "Will do ANYTHING for a new pinball?" Too far?
 <.>

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #509 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
dont say anything cause some old bag who is 90 might take u up on the offer and it will mentally scar u for life.     ^&^

But for a BNIB Avengers, a few hours with her couldnt really hurt, could it !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !